2020 Draft Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

With Philly, you can’t trust Wentz to stay on the field. You just can’t and that’s not remotely up for debate, honestly. They addressed the receiver position well (biggest weakness, along with DB) so bringing in someone that can back up Wentz but also provide the offense with another wrinkle, isn’t a bad pick IMO.

I get the narrative surrounding Carson and would of 100% agreed had Wentz not played a full 16 gm regular season last year and started a 17th in the playoffs. Blaming him for a concussion any QB could of gotten on that cheap hit by Clowney as proof, is absurd.

Wentz played more games in 2019 then

Mahomes, Ben, Brees, Watson, Stafford, Cam, Darnold, Dalton, Trubisky ect.

So while his history of injury is absolutely there, let's not negate what he did last year without also applying it to those above as well.

Drafting Hurts was more about getting a better back up on the roster in case of emergency then what Nate Sudfeld is currently for the future.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I get the narrative surrounding Carson and would of 100% agreed had Wentz not played a full 16 gm regular season last year and started a 17th in the playoffs. Blaming him for a concussion any QB could of gotten on that cheap hit by Clowney as proof, is absurd.

Wentz played more games in 2019 then

Mahomes, Ben, Brees, Watson, Stafford, Cam, Darnold, Dalton, Trubisky ect.

So while his history of injury is absolutely there, let's not negate what he did last year without also applying it to those above as well.

Drafting Hurts was more about getting a better back up on the roster in case of emergency then what Nate Sudfeld is currently for the future.

Man, I 100% hear you, we said the same thing about Gronk. Gronk broke his elbow on a freak accident. Then it got infected and required additional surgeries and screws months down the line. Then his ankle got rolled up by Pollard and he got a high ankle sprain. Then his knee got blown out by TJ Ward and the ACL was torn. None of those were really a fragility issue but at some point a guy just has the injury bug, even if it’s not something in his control. Wentz managed to play his first full full season since his rookie campaign, only to go down in the playoffs. I’m not knocking him as a result, but from a management standpoint, you have to be thinking about having a quality backup on the team - something I don’t believe Sudfeld to be (or at least not shown to be). 

Those guys ran into some injuries themselves but most of them have a better track record injury-wise than Wentz. Darnold and modern Cam don’t, but availability is a red flag on them as well. 

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

incredible

kenyan and jalen already were starters last year. #1WR . Simmons has the potential to be awesome. Jones has potential to be RTotF. I think Fotu has the potential to be the "starting" NT. Have to look into the rest.

I mean, if we're adding in people that we got in trades, then the Titans get to add Ryan Tannehill into their picks too, which makes it an A just for last season.  Cards had a great draft though.  Definitely in the top 5.

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Dallas hit on everyone of their picks. Not a questionable pick in the entire process so I'm standing behind them as the best 

Jets are a close 2nd. Actually there's a few close ones. Ravens, vikings, broncos. All had great drafts. 

I would agree with Dallas as No. 1.  Jets, Broncos, Vikings, and Cards are probably the next ones, in some order.  Though I'd need to really sit down and look at each one to see.

Packers stick out like a sore thumb as the worst.  Pats are probably in contention for that too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Dallas hit on everyone of their picks. Not a questionable pick in the entire process so I'm standing behind them as the best 

Jets are a close 2nd. Actually there's a few close ones. Ravens, vikings, broncos. All had great drafts. 

Jerry's still got it huh?

The goofiest thing about draft reviews happens every year.

• CeeDee Lamb is this year's example.
    • Not one of the first 16 teams picking thought he was the right pick at their spot.
    • Two teams thought other WRs were better than he was.
    • Not one team in the entire league thought he was worth trading up into the top 16 for.
      • This includes the Eagles who could have jumped Dallas again
      • This also includes Dallas who was content to let another team draft him at 14, 15, or 16 as he was falling.

But Dallas got the best WR in this draft and this incredible steal?  Time will tell.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised this hasn't been 100% "my teams a winner" thread

Some of my favorite drafts are:

Cardinals

Ravens

Jets

Tampa Bay

Things fell pretty well for all of those teams early on.

Its going to be interesting watching 2 top 11 picks in the same draft play out their careers at LT for both NY teams. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The goofiest thing about draft reviews happens every year.

• CeeDee Lamb is this year's example.
    • Not one of the first 16 teams picking thought he was the right pick at their spot.
    • Two teams thought other WRs were better than he was.
    • Not one team in the entire league thought he was worth trading up into the top 16 for.
      • This includes the Eagles who could have jumped Dallas again
      • This also includes Dallas who was content to let another team draft him at 14, 15, or 16 as he was falling.

But Dallas got the best WR in this draft and this incredible steal?  Time will tell.

Want some peanut butter with that je(alou/lly)sy?

• Like 1