2020 Draft Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

On 4/25/2020 at 9:22 AM, Nozizaki said:

You got Zach Baun, though, who is literally just a better version of Anthony Barr.

Kmet is actually a good pick in a vacuum. The Bears just have 9 TEs now, so it didn't make a ton of sense with Winfield, Fulton/Johnson and Mims on the board.

The Jets have also quietly had a very good draft. Ashtyn Davis and Denzel Mims were steals in the late 2nd and early 3rd. And Becton and Zuniga fill huge positions of need.

Why do you say a better version of Barr? I do think their play style is extremely similar, but why do you think Baun is better 

3 hours ago, CatalystNX said:

EAGLES: The lone saving grace for this class, IMO, is John Hightower in the 5th round. Jalen Reagor in the 1st round was a reach based purely on need when the Eagles could have traded up and had their pick of the top 3 wideouts in the draft. Instead, they watched the Cowboys steal CeeDee Lamb right out from under them and used the pick they SHOULD have traded to move up to select Jalen Hurts. I'm a fan of Hurts, but there's no reason whatsoever the Eagles had any business taking a QB before the 4th round

The Eagles added 4 WR with blazing Speed. Something the Eagle had none of the minute DeSean Jackson got hurt last year. Something that is clearly needed for Doug's offense to work properly. A WR to take the top off the Defense. They now have 5 options in case of injury, not Zero!

They added Speed across the board at LB x2 and Safety . Also getting lost is the fact that they used their 3rd rd pick on CB Darius Slay. Swapped picks in the 6th for WR Marquis Goodwin

The Eagles didn't like any of the Scrub QB's taken after Hurts, who would of never been their for their next pick late in the 4th! Waiting wasn't an option.

People can hate on the Hurts pick but need to realize at no point in the near future does Howie Roseman or Doug Pederson want to throw an entire season away because on one fluke play they were forced to play a Josh Mckown type QB with absolutely no upside in a Playoff game again.

Edited by Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

People can hate on the Hurts pick but need to realize at no point in the near future does Howie Roseman or Doug Pederson want to throw an entire season away because on one fluke play they were forced to play a Josh Mckown type QB with absolutely no upside in a Playoff game again.

Is it actually a genuine backup draft-pick, or is this trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice? I'd be worried, as an Eagles fan, that Roseman was trying to recreate a once in a blue moon situation. You have an MVP calibre QB, and any draft pick is going to be a massive step down - unless you're Nick Foles circa 2018. With injury backups, you just adjust your expectations and expect a lost-season/poor QB play - but with a pick this high, it suggests the Eagles expect Hurts to come in and accelerate everything (like Foles did). I just think that's unrealistic.

I think the PHI draft was good overall though, the speed you added is freightening. I can't BELIEVE Bill didn't do something similar in a draft like this. It's not like you didn't maximise every other draft pick.

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is it actually a genuine backup draft-pick, or is this trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice? I'd be worried, as an Eagles fan, that Roseman was trying to recreate a once in a blue moon situation. You have an MVP calibre QB, and any draft pick is going to be a massive step down - unless you're Nick Foles circa 2018. With injury backups, you just adjust your expectations and expect a lost-season/poor QB play - but with a pick this high, it suggests the Eagles expect Hurts to come in and accelerate everything (like Foles did). I just think that's unrealistic.

I think the PHI draft was good overall though, the speed you added is freightening. I can't BELIEVE Bill didn't do something similar in a draft like this. It's not like you didn't maximise every other draft pick.

The Eagles have almost a 30 year history of having to unfortunately depend on backup QB's. Its already known Sudfeld will be gone after this season. He actually believes or wants an opportunity to start elsewhere (Good luck).

Meaning in 2021 the Eagles would of needed to add 2 QB, one of which a Rookie most likely.  Why not add him now? Get him a year under his belt preparing while potentially using him in a Lamar (rookie year) with Flacco /Taysum type role where Defenses have to prepare accordingly  "just in case"? Pederson is notorious for sampling other teams Offenses.

Its clear we added Speed in Hope's of potentially using some KC type plays and a QB in Hope's of adding some NO/Balt type formations to his Offense.  It's a copy cat league. Doug has no shame! 😎🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Why do you say a better version of Barr? I do think their play style is extremely similar, but why do you think Baun is better 

Because Barr often fails to make impact plays, with only 1.5 sacks and 54 solo tackles in 2019, but gets paid top 10 LB money at $13.5M/year. Even a younger version of him that is getting paid less is better than he is, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

Because Barr often fails to make impact plays, with only 1.5 sacks and 54 solo tackles in 2019, but gets paid top 10 LB money at $13.5M/year. Even a younger version of him that is getting paid less is better than he is, no?

I don’t know, that’s why I was asking you. Is Barr still used as a situational pass rusher or has his roll been more of a true off ball linebacker as of late?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:29 AM, Daniel said:

How the hell do actual people have this opinion?

Like, do you only participate in debates that are one hundred percent non-hypothetical and already in the past?

On 4/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, dtait93 said:

Because talking about players that have already been in the league for 4 years that we all have pretty consensus opinions on is boring to talk about.

It's fun to discuss and debate everyone's new shiny toys.

Don't be a downer big guy.

On 4/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, minutemancl said:

Dude, we have nothing else.

I was wrong. 

• Like 1

Is Anthony Barr the most comp'd player in the league? Seems any edge player with some length and a bit of athleticism, but perhaps not the strongest is Anthony Barr xD. The thing is, they're probably correct. Barr the pioneer.