2020 Draft Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

I know this thread is for only day two and I'm sort of mixing FA with day 1 and 2 together but I really like what Kiem/Klingsbury have done so far. 

1st RD: Isiah Simmons
2nd RD: Trade for Nuk
3rd RD: Josh Jones (GREAT value)

As in the words of the great Lester Freeman "We're building something here".

• Like 2

I am liking what the JEts are doing. Unlike Maccagnan, Douglas seems to understand the draft. Trading back in round 2 to get a extra 3rd, then still landing Denzel Mims ended up being great for value. Douglas then traded back with that 3rd and got 2 4ths, so could add 2 extra players and still landed the WR who has big upside.

AShyton Davis seems like a Gregg Williams guy and Jabari Zuniga fills a need plus adds some explosiveness to the edge.  Excited to see how tomorrow plays out, this is turning into the first draft that I liked from the Jets in a long time. 

• Like 3

Cardinals had a good day 2, even with just 1 pick. Josh Jones is great value, probably the best of the day.

Vikings killed it again today. They've taken quantity over quality to the next level, yet have still gotten great value for all the picks they've made. 

The Eagles draft is weird.

The Packers draft is bad. 

I honestly did not like what the Saints did. In a deep draft like this, you traded away everything this year and a 3rd next year to make 3 picks? That's not how you build a deep football team, which is what wins you championships. They are in trouble when Brees leaves. 

Winners through both days:
AZ
BAL
CAR
DAL
DEN
DET
KC
MIN
NYG
NYJ
TEN
WAS
The bolded are the top 4 

Losers: 
PHI
GB

The rest range from slightly below average to slightly above average.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Vikings - Picked 2 good players in Dantzler and Cleveland. Then traded away pick 105 and now have 13 picks tomorrow. Lots of great practice squad players to pick in the 6th and 7th round that bad teams like the Packers will steal from us to fill their roster. :D

Yeah. The Packers have been looking up at the Vikings for such a long, long time now. 

Baltimore probably has had the best draft so far. Each round they have gotten tremendous value. Queen, Dobbins and Duvernay seem to be particularly great values where they got them.

Saints have also done well. They have taken the quality over quantity approach. The grabbed probably the top rated interior OL Ruiz in round 1. Then grabbed Baun in the 3rd round, which was an excellent value as many projections had him as a 1st round prospect. Then finished the day off getting Trautman late in the 3rd who many draft sites rated as a top 3 TE with a 2nd round grade.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I honestly did not like what the Saints did. In a deep draft like this, you traded away everything this year and a 3rd next year to make 3 picks? That's not how you build a deep football team, which is what wins you championships. They are in trouble when Brees leaves. 

They're not in trouble at all. They are in win now mode with Brees, sure, but they have plenty of talent on the team as a whole and a great offensive line moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Biggest WTF pick to me was AJ Dillion to the Packers. 2 Rounds too early, but thats beside the point, no WR for ARod??? A RB?? What the....

Not even a particularly well renowned receiving RB. A punishing short range one....

Obviously you need a running game, but again, he isn't taking them over the top this season or the next

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2