2020 Draft Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

Every time Dallas makes a pick, I’m like yea that’s why they’re one of the better drafting teams. They seem to get good value with their picks. I think they are killing it.

Arizona got an OT who I thought was a first round talent. They’re just sitting back and doing their thing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Look on the bright side, at least your team didn’t refuse to trade up for Ceedee Lamb and let him fall to your biggest division rival just to draft a backup QB.

tenor.gif?itemid=5416331

Yeah Jerruh is definitely self fellating this weekend.

He's on his boat, he picked a player in his top 10 at 17 and he screwed over Phillie.

Jerry Jones Looking For the Next Aaron Rodgers | BlackSportsOnline

Packers and Eagles. 

I have zero f'ing clue what those teams are doing. Hurts is by far the worst pick of the draft so far, and the Packers are drafting players that make absolutely zero sense. It's like they're completely ignoring an opportunity to win now with Rodgers and their good pieces in place, and drafting for the future? But reaching on various picks in the process? WTF?!?

10 hours ago, JMG5 said:

You guys have the rest of our draft. 

You got Zach Baun, though, who is literally just a better version of Anthony Barr.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

CBS has Chicago as losers, and referred to Kmet as a moose in the open field who can't separate.

I thought it was a bit harsh.

Kmet is actually a good pick in a vacuum. The Bears just have 9 TEs now, so it didn't make a ton of sense with Winfield, Fulton/Johnson and Mims on the board.

The Jets have also quietly had a very good draft. Ashtyn Davis and Denzel Mims were steals in the late 2nd and early 3rd. And Becton and Zuniga fill huge positions of need.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I honestly did not like what the Saints did. In a deep draft like this, you traded away everything this year and a 3rd next year to make 3 picks? That's not how you build a deep football team, which is what wins you championships. They are in trouble when Brees leaves. 

lol the Saints have the deepest team in the NFL. There were only a few positions that incoming players had a real shot of making the roster. Over the past three years the Saints have only one player draft round 3 who has been able to get meaningful snaps (backup lineman Will Clapp). They’ve been absolutely dynamite within the first three rounds with a pretty absurd hit rate. 

On the post draft conference Payton made it very clear that he didn’t feel that there were many round 4-7 players who would make the team. He thought that he took three players who were top 40 on the Saints board and they are all expect to pay immediate dividends. The Saints have been among the best in the league at recruiting UDFAs, and without picks on day three, they’ll get a head start in that process. They’ll probably get a marquee WR, RB, and CB to compete for a late roster spot...but the reality is that there are very few players outside of the top 50 that would help the Saints. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

People are over reacting to the Hurts Pick. He will be a Taysom Hill gadget guy, an even better version. Plus he’s a legit #2 QB to Wentz for when he gets his annual Week 15 injury. 

He is a better QB than Hill, but certainly won't be a better gadget player. Hill is much more explosive. Hill ran a 4.41 40 and it shows on the field. Hurts ran a 4.59 40. They are on different levels athletically. Hill has shown he can effectively line up at WR, RB, QB, TE, KR, and Gunner. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah Jerruh is definitely self fellating this weekend. He's on his boat, he picked a player in his top 10 at 17 and he screwed over Phillie.

Jerry Jones Looking For the Next Aaron Rodgers | BlackSportsOnline

I talked to him once. The guy is QB crazy. It's good he let his son take over day to day operations.

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think the Ravens have had the best draft thus far. Every pick just makes sense.

Very solid draft, but this group has no Pro-Bowls in its future. It could cut either way.

9 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I am liking what the JEts are doing. Unlike Maccagnan, Douglas seems to understand the draft. Trading back in round 2 to get a extra 3rd, then still landing Denzel Mims ended up being great for value. Douglas then traded back with that 3rd and got 2 4ths, so could add 2 extra players and still landed the WR who has big upside.

AShyton Davis seems like a Gregg Williams guy and Jabari Zuniga fills a need plus adds some explosiveness to the edge.  Excited to see how tomorrow plays out, this is turning into the first draft that I liked from the Jets in a long time. 

The Jets did well on the trade back. When is the last Jets trade that worked for them?

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Eagles as the biggest loser in a runaway. Most puzzling pick I've ever seen any team make outside of a kicker or punter. Even those are more justified in some cases.

I disagree. They need a reliable QB and Wentz is hurt too much. So, they have an apprentice. The Patriots did the same thing for two decades, albeit with lower picks. 

For just day #2, where is the love for the Colts? Pittman and Taylor in round #2 are plug and play. Blackmon is an absolute steal. 

J

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I talked to him once. The guy is QB crazy. It's good he let his son take over day to day operations.

Very solid draft, but this group has no Pro-Bowls in its future. It could cut either way.

The Jets did well on the trade back. When is the last Jets trade that worked for them?

I disagree. They need a reliable QB and Wentz is hurt too much. So, they have an apprentice. The Patriots did the same thing for two decades, albeit with lower picks. 

For just day #2, where is the love for the Colts? Pittman and Taylor in round #2 are plug and play. Blackmon is an absolute steal. 

J

Yeah let's spend 53 on a pigeon holed backup. Readyyyyy, break!

1 hour ago, FuzzyTiger said:

I guess im in the minority but iv liked all of the Jaguars picks so far.

They've been solid, IMO.  I'm a big Henderson fan, and while I think Chaisson is fool's gold, they got good value for where he was projected.

Shenault was good.  If he comes back healthy, quickly, he'll be a good No. 2 for them.  Hamilton was a good grab for value too, but with Gallimore still there, it's a little questionable.  They've done good, but they lost an awful lot of talent (assuming they offload Ngakoue), and I think their ceiling is limited by Minshew.