Day 3 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Packers managed to draft exactly one pass catcher in the entire draft. Jesus.

Interesting thing about the draft is that teams can't hide what they think about themselves.  The Packers apparently do not think they need another wide receiver, the rest of the world seems to think otherwise.  It will be interesting to see what happens once there's football again.

14 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Why trade to get that kid? Lol I'm sure he would've been undrafted

Guy ran a 4.49 40 at 6'5" 249lbs. If he can even come close to being a Taysom Hill type player in the future for us it's a steal. Easily worth a 2021 6th round pick and guarantees we get the guy rather than him picking where he goes as an undrafted free agent. Wise move by the Saints here.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

If I were a Packers fan, I'd be livid. You're one win away from a SB, your biggest weakness is this draft's strength, and you draft a QB in the first and don't address your biggest weakness. Makes zero damn sense

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was just thinking about the Packers draft and DeAndre Hopkins. You'd think the Packers would have been better off trading their 2nd round pick and another pick to outbid what the Cardinals offered rather than taking that RB in the 2nd.

Edited by tyler735

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

If I were a Packers fan, I'd be livid. You're one win away from a SB, your biggest weakness is this draft's strength, and you draft a QB in the first and don't address your biggest weakness. Makes zero damn sense

To try to make sense of it- the knock on the Packers offense for years and years has been that they're a finesse unit, and they can't really pivot well when things aren't working.  I think this draft is very conspicuously an attempt to be something other than the finesse unit of yore.  I'm not sure there's a WR you can take that's going to make you a more physical, better running team.