36 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade for Broncos 2020 draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Disturbing

Initial reaction is a B. I love getting Hamler and Jeudy to start. I think the CB and DE seemed like reaches based on the experts etc so that's why I drop it to a B.

But in general, I think CB, C, WR were major needs. Obviously I think this speaks to how the FO feels about Bolles - and, look, I'm not that happy about it - but I am happy that we have 3 studs in the interior line and possibly a stud at RT. 4/5 ain't bad. And Bolles stays healthy. We'll see. Year two with Munchak. End of the day they view Bolles as a guy that stays healthy and they at least know can start...so there is value in that. 

Jeudy: A pick - probably BPA at a major position of need. GREAT fit with this offense and Sutton. Just a stud

Hamler: A- pick - the offense simply needed a player like this. how long has it been since we've had a true home run threat? he is a much better prospect than Henderson or McKinley - he has the production at a major program. he's got the character that we are looking for. I love this pick the more I sit on it. I know that this one will be a controversial pick in the forum - but this guy was a stud at PSU and I am really hoping that production translates. Dude was more productive than Ruggs. Being able to produce touchdowns with individual talent has been a HUGE need for this team. Jeudy and Hamler being added to the offense may have fixed that.

Cushenberry - A pick - plug and play starter at a position of need. awesome dude. really a perfect pick. 

the other two guys it's hard for me to comment on. the track record with those types of picks simply isn't very good. but I like Ojemudia's measurables and pedigree/experience. Agim also was a 5 star prospect and really athletic. i'd rather gamble on a guy like Akim than DeMarcus Walker who just didn't have an NFL body/athleticism. 

It's hard for me to not be very excited about this team knowing that we are going into next season with Lock, Gordon/Lindsay, Fant, and then Sutton/Jeudy/Hamler. Offense might be awesome. Reminds me of 2008/2009 a bit. Hamler seems much better than Eddie Royal to me, though. We just need a Ryan Clady and I think that criticism is fair. 

Jerry “Doug” Jeudy: A+ No question. Perfect value meets biggest need.

KJ Hamler: B+ As the 2nd half of a double dip, I like it infinitely more than if he was our first WR. Fine value, and the need for one more offensive weapon was obvious.

Michael Ojemudia: C+ Largest remaining need, tools to work with, scheme fit, but the value was *at least* a whole round off. 

Lloyd Cushenberry: A+ See Doug Jeudy pick.

McTelvin Agim: Another reach, probably by a full round again. But easily enough tools that you can see why people could value him. 

Right now it’s solidly in A-/B+ range for me, if not only strictly for the Jeudy pick. You dream about scenarios like that.

• Like 2

(Still Rd5-7 to go, so I'll add to this later)

Overall - Jeudy / Cushenberry are immediate starters, and year 2 impact guys.  Arguably the top WR you get at 1.15?   Sign me up.   Even if no other picks work out, it's a B draft at worst if those 2 are as good as we think they could be. 

I can't give it an A, only because the value with Hamler/Ojemudia and the lost opps with guys like Bartch were there at different spots.   I do appreciate that Elway went heavy ceiling with Albert O & Agim, but especially with Agim & Ojemudia, just felt like a "must have him" reach of 1+ round (we'll never know, but that's why we offer our own opinions lol).

Ojemudia is a C-, Agim a C+ only because the capital differs.    Albert O is a C- given the alternatives left there.   But Jeudy is an A+++ pick, and Cushenberry an A+.  Hamler is a B pick because of the value (if you wanted speed, Duvernay there in the 3's, and if you wanted versatility / danger, my boy Bowden at 3.77).  

So, really, it's a B/B+ draft - but it's not likely to be any lower than that, because the best picks have such insane value gain.   That's a pretty strong floor to bank on.   I will say there's no obvious D/F picks like Henderson / McKenzie picks in 2017 (so far lol, and it's going to be hard to give Rd5+ any grade that bad lol).

One thing I love is that our long-term outlook can only continue to improve, even if only 2-3 guys are impact guys.  I feel good that we got at least 2 core pieces for 2021 so far, and we still have UDFA and 4 picks left, so even 1-2 diamonds in the rough panning out, and even only 1-2 of the Hamler/Ojemudia/Albert O/Agim working out would be a great result.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Jerry Jeudy - A+

KJ Hamler - B 

Michael Ojemudia - C

Lloyd Cushenberry - A+

McTelvin Agim - B-

Albert O - C

Overall a B+, which is VERY good. No guys that were WTFs, as much as Ojemudia was a reach. This draft tells me they’re getting more confident in this staff reaching for some of their favorite guys, but still operating efficiently, getting great value at certain spots and doing things that make sense. 

Yes, AAA, I put disgusted, I'll call that an assist to you :ph34r:

Jerry Jeudy - A+    Best WR in the draft, great fit for Lock, Sutton and Shurmer

KJ Hamler - B-    Speed receiver adds excitement to the offense but we'll see if drops stay with him in the NFL

Michael Ojemudia - C-   There were 16 higher rated CB's (Dantzler being one)  and looking at hi measurable, he's Yiadom all over again. We'll see

Lloyd Cushenberry - A+  Another Day 1 starter, he solidifies the IOL

McTelvin Agim - B-    Playing NT(according to Ourlads), seems Fotu would've been a better pick in Fangio's scheme but I think he could pan out. 

Albert Okwuegbunam - C   Familiarity with Lock may be a benefit but not the biggest need, especially with the Vannett signing.  

Justin Strnad - B  Think this may be a steal of the draft, definitely worth keeping an eye on 

Netane Muti - B-  Love this pic (IF he regains his health), boom-or-bust to say the least. Can be dominant worth the risk in the 6th

Tyrie Cleveland - D+   Probably PS if he makes the team at all

Derek Tuszka - C+  Many guys around here like him, at 254 he could be better than I grade him here. Seem to have a sack-master attitude.

Adds up to a B- for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Whatever grade you guys were feeling yesterday, there’s no way it’s not higher today. Elway killed day three. 

A-

How do you figure?  Serious question, as other than Muti, I literally know nothing about these guys except what I’ve read in the last hour....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Surprised to see the Albert O grades so low.  Seems like a guy with both rare athletic traits and pretty impressive performance.  

I heard he could've been a 2nd rounder last year if he entered but his TD's dropped from 17 to 6 this year so hard not to drop him. 

7 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

How do you figure?  Serious question, as other than Muti, I literally know nothing about these guys except what I’ve read in the last hour....

And Muti has such health issues, Day 3 for me was an but of a question mark. 

That said, this seemed like a really strange draft to me...

8 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Day three, I think you’ve gotta more or less throw need out the window and just dig for talent.

Okwuegbunam at 4.118, consensus had him ranked 103.

Strnad at 5.178, consensus 166.

Muti at 6.181, consensus 86.

That’s pretty good digging. Tuszka in the 7th is also a guy you can see becoming a real NFL’er. I’m extremely pleased. 

• Like 2

So for what it’s worth:

Jeudy:  A++. Exactly what we needed, at great value.

Hamler: B great compliment. Unique skill set. Likely not available at our spot at 3.  People being too hard on this pick. 

Ojemudia: D.  And that is probably a homer grade.  Lots of better talent available.  And if this was your guy, would have been there in 4th or 5th.

Cushenberry: A+. 2ndround talent, instant starter at position of need.

Agim: B.  Better than Fotu, is going be a beast in 2-3 years as a disruptive NT. Needed a backup NT.  Right about where he was expected to go. 

Albert O: B. Great athleticism, highly productive, familiar with Lock. And beyond Fant, all we have is JAGS.

Strnad: no idea😜

Muti: A. Exactly what you take here. Huge upside.  If he can stay healthy.

Cleveland: no idea - but WTF on another WR.

Tuszka:  B. Again, perfect pick for this slot.  Always a position of value, highly productive from small school, take the flyer.

Given that the overall grade should be highly weighted towards the early rounds, looks like about a B+.

Albert O - B- - the ceiling is nice, but there were better talents there (crazy depth this year)

Strnad / Muti - A- picks - not that they are locks to succeed, but this is the type of risk you take at end of Rd5 / early 6.

Tuzka / Cleveland - can't really argue for/against at this stage.

I had this is as a B/B+ draft, before - moves it up to a B+ draft.   The Rd2-4 sequence (except Cushenberry, fabulous home run pick) is the only reason this isn't a A+ draft.   And that might seem nitpicky, but it was a chance for lost value gain that bumps it down.  I'm a hard grader, so B+ is a really good result.    Hope it works out Hamler/Rd3 picks not named Cushenberry.

Either way, though, the direction Elway's taking overall minus the 2 reach picks....really encouraging.    It's what we need for our long-term return to contention.   We're not quite there yet - but this sure helped a ton process-wise and result-wise.

26 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I heard he could've been a 2nd rounder last year if he entered but his TD's dropped from 17 to 6 this year so hard not to drop him. 

So did he get worse all of a sudden? Or did the Missouri quarterback suck?  I have a problem with these guys who are in dependent positions (they can’t do anything unless they have a QB get them the all) being punished for suddenly having a down year. The talent didn’t suddenly disappear.