36 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade for Broncos 2020 draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Disturbing

I wasn't able to do my regular amount of draft research this year, so these grades have nothing to do with who we passed up on. As far as I see it these guys are Broncos now whether we agreed with the pick in the moment or not and I'm basing my grades off their potential, how they fit, the dynamic they add, and if they can contribute quickly in some way. 

----------------------------------------

Jerry Jeudy:  A+ -- Everything about it is a slam dunk.  We didn't lose assets with a move up, he's the drafts best receiver, high ceiling and prob the highest floor, most importantly, if Sutton were to go down the Broncos would have zero capable receivers.  This pick solves a lot.  

KJ Hamler:  B+ -- Initially I didn't like this pick. Short receivers relying on their speed tend to bust more often, and I generally don't like using premium picks on the profile.  With a little bit of time to digest, and think through the pick, I get it.  The offense clearly needs top end speed, Hamler provides a needed field stretcher to create space and keep DB's from cheating up.  Just by keeping opposing DB's honest, it's going to help the rest of our offensive weaponry.  This grade is less about the player and more about how his skill set can make life easier for Sutton, Fant Jeudy, and the RB's.  OH and if he can be a dynamic returner and give our offense field position advantages that I feel like we never have, huge win.

Michael Ojemudia:  D+ -- I can't get on board with this one.  He's toolsy, from a size/speed perspective, from what I've read he flashes on tape sometimes. The reason I can't get around this one is that we've drafted this profile in this spot so many times and have failed to develop it.  DB's who come here need to be abundantly talented like Roby's and Justin Simmons, or have a Mamba Mentality/chip on their shoulder like Chris Harris to overcome our inability to properly develop these mid round CB's. Just my take, hopefully this guys got the mental fortitude to become something.  Other side note, idk how he projects to zone and have to just trust Vic knows what he's looking for.

Lloyd Cushenberry:  A -- Pretty confident this guys gonna start from week one and start for years.  Smart, instinctive, crazy long arms, love the profile, love the fit, fills a need.  

McTelvin Agim: B -- I have questions, a top 20 recruit why did his stock slip to this level? Work ethic, or did OL's prioritize coverage towards him - I've heard the latter.  Either way, it's a very intriguing, moldable package. I trust Kollar with development, and this guys got athleticism, and the scouting reports say he can get into the backfield while being a big body, you can never have too much of that.

Big Al:  B+ -- Wasn't sure at first.  A few good points came up in this forum. Most importantly, he has the athleticism for the offense to (hopefully) not skip a beat if a Fant injury were to happen. Really good production in his time with Lock.  If he cleans up the technical aspects of his game, route running, etc, he could be the developmental mid round type of TE that emerges as a pass catcher.  Honestly, if this guy pans out, the. Broncos offense has so many combinations that create mismatches that it is straight up scary.

Justin Strnad:  B-  -- In round 5 I care mostly about contribution.  This guy doesn't sound like someone who will become a standout on defense, but he should make the roster and immediately contribute on special teams where he's apparently a stud.  On the d side, I've read play speed is much better than timed speed and he's a zone fit.

Netani Muti:  A+ -- When I was doing the PFF draft simulator this guy was always showing up as a suggestion in round 2/3 so I read up a bit.  He seems like the iOL version of Tua.  If he's healthy, he's going to be good.  Big if, but this isn't the 5th overall pick, it's the 181st.  I get the fall, 300+ pound guy with multiple Achilles and foot injuries is going to fall no matter what. Everything I read said this guy is pretty athletic and flattens people.  I want as much competition as possible along the OL, I think creating competition raises performance and doing that in front of a young QB who we want to be the franchise guy is every bit as important as getting him weapons.  This pick injects more talent into that competition.

Derrek Tuszka:  C- -- it's a flier, I get it. Maybe he contributed as a special teamer, maybe he's an effort pass rusher. It's tough to find a path for him to make roster as far as I can see.

----------------------------------

Overall I give this draft an A- 

Elway and co did a great job picking offensive players who will help Lock's development, make the offense more dynamic, and open things up for our studs. It all makes sense when you put the puzzle pieces together.  The one miss, in my eyes is that Elway failed to add any competition at OT.

Excited for where this team is heading.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I don’t think Hamler is a gadget player. More productive at PSU than Ruggs was. He can play a lot of downs for us. Imo 

Sean Clifford is bad. The amount of times he threw Hamler from open to covered when I watched was gross. I think KJ becomes a threat in the short and deep thirds of the passing game by year two.

36 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

8th best draft grade according to this aggregator, the other 3 AFC West teams in the bottom half. So odds are we gained significant ground on the division this weekend. 

Just shows what I already knew....Mel Kiper is an IDIOT !!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

8th best draft grade according to this aggregator, the other 3 AFC West teams in the bottom half. So odds are we gained significant ground on the division this weekend. 

Seattle’s drafts always seem to get panned by the critics but then a bunch of players that were questioned end up on the All Pro team. Schneider and Carroll do things a little differently than the norm but it seems to work out for them. Having an elite QB and elite HC no doubt helps, but I’m sure Seattle will be in the mix come Janurary. 

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Seattle’s drafts always seem to get panned by the critics but then a bunch of players that were questioned end up on the All Pro team. Schneider and Carroll do things a little differently than the norm but it seems to work out for them. Having an elite QB and elite HC no doubt helps, but I’m sure Seattle will be in the mix come Janurary. 

Seattle’s draft record lately is horrendous. Between the 2013-19 drafts, I can find 2 players who have made the Pro Bowl for them: returner Tyler Lockett, and punter Michael Dickson (both one appearance). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Seattle’s draft record lately is horrendous. Between the 2013-19 drafts, I can find 2 players who have made the Pro Bowl for them: returner Tyler Lockett, and punter Michael Dickson (both one appearance). 

yeah seahawks twitter usually kills the seahawks drafts. russ really puts that franchise on his back unlike pretty much anyone else 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Yep that LJ Collier pick one the first last year....

On 4/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, BroncoBruin said:

Jerry Jeudy - A+

KJ Hamler - B 

Michael Ojemudia - C

Lloyd Cushenberry - A+

McTelvin Agim - B-

Albert O - C

Overall a B+, which is VERY good. No guys that were WTFs, as much as Ojemudia was a reach. This draft tells me they’re getting more confident in this staff reaching for some of their favorite guys, but still operating efficiently, getting great value at certain spots and doing things that make sense. 

Late picks:

Justin Strnad - A-

Potential to develop as an asset in coverage more than most of the other LBs still on the board, if not should provide special teams value immediately. 

Netane Muti - A

High upside dice roll. Great value, potential to add yet more high level talent to the offense.

Tyrie Cleveland - B

I love these kinds of 6th-7th picks. Highly heralded SEC athletes who underproduce at big schools. Special teams value and can push Patrick and Winfree.

Derrek Tuszka - A

Productive at a winning program and tested great at the combine. Not sure what more you can want from the 254th pick.

A great Day 3 bumps my grade to an A-. They found high floor instant contributors who also have high ceilings and took scheme fits/high upside dice rolls at spots that made sense. Well done.

Edited by BroncoBruin

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

It's worth remembering that Kiper is a total moron and only has a job at ESPN because he's been doing the draft longer than any other draft analysts have been alive. I put no stock into his opinions, they're worse than his hairline.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

It's worth remembering that Kiper is a total moron and only has a job at ESPN because he's been doing the draft longer than any other draft analysts have been alive. I put no stock into his opinions, they're worse than his hairline.

The only thing you can bank on with Kiper is his Ravens getting an A.

Really thing Agim is going to surprise people. He has elite physical attributes outside height, which doesn’t really matter. It’s all about arm length.

Agim 6’3 309lbs 33.5 length 10.5 hands 4.98 40

DreMont 6’3 281lbs 33.75 length 9.5 hands 5.12 40 

He is a more gifted athlete than Jones, just landed at a bad program and was keyed in on by OL his whole career. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I remember Kiper said of Jimmy Clausen doesn't become a franchise qb he'll retire still waiting lol.

• Like 1