Who should we target on day three?

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

if we could Bryce Hall, Troy Dye , or Muti in 4th would make up for the Muse pick! 4th is going be key, hope we find two gems

Yep, still some pretty good players out there but the more I think about it the more I think Muse might be a pleasant surprise IF we use him to his strengths at LB, I think he can carve out a decent role in thus defence. 

This is the phase of the draft where Mayock is going to gave to earn his salt, digging out a couple of gems that will surprise us. I always enjoy day 3 as to be honest a lot of guys get picked I know very little about and its kind of a 'quick, look up this guy or that guy' and seeing what they can bring to the team. 

Just now, Darbsk said:

Yep, still some pretty good players out there but the more I think about it the more I think Muse might be a pleasant surprise IF we use him to his strengths at LB, I think he can carve out a decent role in thus defence. 

This is the phase of the draft where Mayock is going to gave to earn his salt, digging out a couple of gems that will surprise us. I always enjoy day 3 as to be honest a lot of guys get picked I know very little about and its kind of a 'quick, look up this guy or that guy' and seeing what they can bring to the team. 

Ya I usually watch the entire draft to for that reason too. This year less complaining from my girl for spending days watching the draft LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I think it would be smart for the Raiders to double dip at corner. I really like Bryce Hall from what I remember of him last season. I recently watched Wisconsin corner Lamar Jackson, and I think he has some nice raw material to work with. One of those two would be nice to supplement Arnette and the depth of the group, overall.

@Rich7sena What's your take on Arnette and do you think he is a steep downgrade from AJ Terrell or a better overall player?

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Rich7sena What's your take on Arnette and do you think he is a steep downgrade from AJ Terrell or a better overall player?

I liked Terrell better. Henderson and Terrell were really the only two corners I considered being worthwhile picks at corner at 19.

Arnette really wasn't much on my radar, especially in the first round, but he can play. If you're talking about being able to play competent NFL corner right away, he's near the top of the class. I don't think the downgrade is steep from year 1 between he and Terrell, but I think the difference in upside is pretty steep.

That said, I don't think he was a first-round prospect. His explosiveness and length aren't great, and he's older. Looking back, I would have rather taken Queen and Murray at his spot even though corner is a bigger need and a more important position. Obviously a trade back would have been ideal.

didnt get a comment in earlier, but in the "who to target on day 2" thread i said we still needed another WR (we got that in Edwards) and another CB. glad to see we took Amik today. i think we need as many lottery tickets as possible at CB, because you never know who will or wont pan out. we all need to remember how confident we felt that Conley would lock down the #1 spot for years to come at this time a year ago. It's such a difficult position to nail. Treat it like a numbers game, and keep taking shots. Joyner was mediocre in the slot and is paid to be great, so I'm thrilled we took Amik to challenge. 

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

didnt get a comment in earlier, but in the "who to target on day 2" thread i said we still needed another WR (we got that in Edwards) and another CB. glad to see we took Amik today. i think we need as many lottery tickets as possible at CB, because you never know who will or wont pan out. we all need to remember how confident we felt that Conley would lock down the #1 spot for years to come at this time a year ago. It's such a difficult position to nail. Treat it like a numbers game, and keep taking shots. Joyner was mediocre in the slot and is paid to be great, so I'm thrilled we took Amik to challenge. 

I'm excited to see if Isaiah Johnson can be a player for us this year. He has all of the tools to be a starting CB.