Draft Rounds 4-7: FINISH THE DRAFT

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, chumpy said:

funny, i was just saying that to my wife.  is it JJ getting better, Stephen showing more dominance, or the McCarthy influence?

You don’t understand. I typically hate many of our draft picks because we screw them up, get cute, or overvalue inferior players. I like some here and there, but I generally don’t get excited about our drafts from top to bottom. This draft has been spectacular.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I can’t think of a draft that I’ve been this excited about since 2005. @Matts4313, @Texas_OutLaw7, @Calvert28, @Nextyearfordaboyz, can you guys? 

Seriously, I’m effing GIDDY.

Agreed!! What ever they are doin different this year, they need to keep it up in the future!! I think that was what, our first full year on this site as well for us old timers here. 

I think it can’t be understated that a problem before this was Garrett while a good players coach’s and a good offensive mind was not a true football guy and was failing at putting together a cohesive 53 man rooster.  Keep getting wowed by glitz at times and not focused on the little things players like Gathers or going for too many high risk high reward players.   I love Smith and a ND guy but he was a high risk pick taking Elliot paid off but that also was a high risk pick.  we just had too many high risk picks that they hoped would turn out rather then build the whole rooster with solid players     This we ended up weak at safety weak at DT etc

4 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So many pundits had us taking Frederick's replacement in the first round. We got that guy in the late 4th. 

That’s because pundits don’t understand value. They think that “immediate need” (or, perceived immediate need) trumps everything else.

Tremendous value pick for Cowboys, especially after Travis Frederick's retirement. Biadasz has rare movement skills for the center spot and works well in run game. Just often out of control and off-balance in pass pro. Must get stronger too. Starter ability. (Chris Trapasso)

A

Just now, TVScout said:

Tremendous value pick for Cowboys, especially after Travis Frederick's retirement. Biadasz has rare movement skills for the center spot and works well in run game. Just often out of control and off-balance in pass pro. Must get stronger too. Starter ability. (Chris Trapasso)

A

The lack of control was due to having his knee and shoulder scoped. That should improve when he gets stronger.

33 minutes ago, quiller said:

I think it can’t be understated that a problem before this was Garrett while a good players coach’s and a good offensive mind was not a true football guy and was failing at putting together a cohesive 53 man rooster.  Keep getting wowed by glitz at times and not focused on the little things players like Gathers or going for too many high risk high reward players.   I love Smith and a ND guy but he was a high risk pick taking Elliot paid off but that also was a high risk pick.  we just had too many high risk picks that they hoped would turn out rather then build the whole rooster with solid players     This we ended up weak at safety weak at DT etc

Ya, Garrett was very boom or bust beyond the 1st round

For every Jaylon Smith, we had 4 or 5 Rico Gathers it seemed....