Day three discussion

hornbybrown

Just now, brownie man said:

Yeah I like DPJ as a big slot he doesn’t have the deep speed. 

I think he could end up being a Rod Smith type pick for us

Maybe we could become "emboldened" to toss out an Anquan reference?  Surely wouldn't miind someone with a career like that coming from the 6th round.

@penisies

I see taking a break from his torch carrying "they took our jobs; we built it" rally to chime in with a cheek cheeks comment that I only saw via BHD's quote of him.

Austin Corbett, Roderick Johnson, and Antonio Callaway were the last Cheek Cheeks player I rated the Browns drafting.

@NudeTayne

you would ...

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@penisies

I see taking a break from his torch carrying "they took our jobs; we built it" rally to chime in with a cheek cheeks comment that I only saw via BHD's quote of him.

Austin Corbett, Roderick Johnson, and Antonio Callaway were the last Cheek Cheeks player I rated the Browns drafting.

@NudeTayne

you would ...

Nate Orchard was a cheeks cheeks cheeky cheeks prospect 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

@penisies

@NudeTayne

you would ...

So, by this definition, wouldn't John Dorsey be the "cheeks" for drafting Corbett where he did?  Hell, we could have had Will Hernandez, and still picked up Chubb.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want a dude with a 45 inch vertical playing the slot.

He can't win on the outside man. He runs slow build up routes; he's a sloth within the first 15 yards then he clicks into another gear.

With a big body, big catch radius, combat catch abiltiy, and the ability to go up for a ball put over a LB or Nickel Player in the middle of the field he's going to thrive with all the extra space in the slot to work with. Also has upside as a slot vertical route player. If he gets pressed by a nickel in the slot it's a free 1st down at the sticks. We want him in the slot and in the slot alone he can star.

That vert jump is for redzone winning and to go up and combat catch over the middle from the slot.

------------

4 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So, by this definition, wouldn't John Dorsey be the "cheeks" for drafting Corbett where he did?  Hell, we could have had Will Hernandez, and still picked up Chubb.  

giphy.gif

...Could've got Braden Smith Courtland Sutton, Darius Leonard, DJ Chark, Harold Landry, etc ...

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He can't win on the outside man. He runs slow build up routes; he's a sloth within the first 15 yards then he clicks into another gear.

With a big body, big catch radius, combat catch abiltiy, and the ability to go up for a ball put over a LB or Nickel Player in the middle of the field he's going to thrive with all the extra space in the slot to work with. Also has upside as a slot vertical route player. If he gets pressed by a nickel in the slot it's a free 1st down at the sticks. We want him in the slot and in the slot alone he can star.

That vert jump is for redzone winning and to go up and combat catch over the middle from the slot.

------------

giphy.gif

...Could've got Braden Smith Courtland Sutton, Darius Leonard, DJ Chark, Harold Landry, etc ...

I was simply going with the guy who was sandwiched between Corbett and Chubb, and he'd have filled the same role that they wanted Corbett to fill.

• Like 1