Day three discussion

hornbybrown

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

IOL EDGE WR is where I think we need depth the most

LB CB RB TE could all use depth too, but would probably be best to use UDFA to address those positions unless they really like someone

This is 100% spot on and exactly what I was going to post.

I *might* include WR in the UDFA category. The only reason is because I think there will be some steals potentially available caused by such a deep draft.

• Like 1

I know it’s the OSU fandom but man I hope we draft KJ Hill today. He has always seemed like a guy who can get open. Plus he seems like he loves football. Add in the fact that he is going to be a later pick that should keep him hungry.  

DPJ would also be interesting as I think he has a ton of skills.  But we never really saw that talent at UM. Which makes me wonder how much he just relied on his natural talent instead of putting in the work. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Guys that I’d roll the dice on if they’re there:

Gandy-Golden, WR: Freak athlete with great hands, balance, and high point ability 

DPJ: #1 WR three years ago who was lost in Harbaughs archaic offense

Troy Dye: Hes a LB with coverage and pass rush ability 

Tyler Biadasz and Jack Driscoll as interior OL with swing potential (Driscoll to OT, Biadasz from C to OG)

About 3 OT left intrigue me and have value.

I hope those DPJ rumors are true.

I would also take Thaddeus Moss at some point too. Great value and upside as a swing H/TE 2021 and beyond.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29097412/redskins-ot-trent-williams-denies-nixing-potential-trade-vikings

Hmmmmmm...maybe it wasn’t all Big Bad Bruce Allen after all...Trent nixed a trade because he didn’t want to play in Minnesota. He just wants to get paid.

He wants to be a FA and get a new deal.

I can’t help but think the market for Trent isn’t gonna be what he thinks it will when he hits FA though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I hope those DPJ rumors are true.

I would also take Thaddeus Moss at some point too. Great value and upside as a swing H/TE 2021 and beyond.

This position is mentioned every year yet I’ve never seen someone actually play both positions. At least not enough worthy of drafting. Devalve was suppose to be that and he couldn’t play either. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This position is mentioned every year yet I’ve never seen someone actually play both positions. At least not enough worthy of drafting. Devalve was suppose to be that and he couldn’t play either. 

That’s essentially what that kid from San Francisco plays, and Marcel Reese used to in Oakland.

Also, Moss was a good college player. DeValve was a SPARK athlete with upside. Moss has both production and potential. He’s just a tad green.

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we draft DPJ, he will be the 2nd best player in our draft class imo behind only Wills.

Yeah I’m not sure what’s causing him to fall this far other than being part of a great WR class.

He seems like a guy who’d be a solid 2nd rounder most other years.

My best available list

LB - Troy Dye, Oregon
LB - Akeem Davis-Gaither, App. St.
WR - Antonio Golden-Gandy, Liberty
WR - Tyler Johnson, Minn. 
CB - Amik Robertson, LA Tech
CB - Bryce Hall, Virginia
CB - Josiah Scott, Michigan St.
EDGE - Alton Robinson, Syracuse
EDGE - Curtis Weaver,  Boise St.
TE - Harrison Bryant, FAU
TE - Hunter Bryant, Wash.