2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Wow , didn't see this coming!  What a cruddy draft . Don't see one player in this draft class that will contribute next year , maybe Dillion,  after that a bunch of back ups. How can we come out of this deep wr class  where we could use one or two and get nothing. We get totally run over all year long and we don't draft 1 inside dline. This has to be one of the worst drafts we have had in a long time. Maybe if Love pans out this will change my mind. Doesn't help next season though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I asked you an honest question and you've deflected it the entire time in the guise that I'm trying to "win" the argument (which is a stupid friggin' thought process on it's own but that's for another time). Where am I being of disservice to you by asking that?

I am not going to fight here man. But just throwing out a number, I would say I want my #2 WR to be good for 750+ yards in the season.

I do not want to get into an argument where I regret saying something I do not really mean. Not that kind of person.

Also, regarding WR's from last year. One guy I really wanted was Metcalf. He went to my local team, a team I hate, in the Seahawks. He was good for 900 yards. Also, he was drafted in the 2nd round.

Edited by fistfullofbeer

12 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Wow , didn't see this coming!  What a cruddy draft . Don't see one player in this draft class that will contribute next year , maybe Dillion,  after that a bunch of back ups. How can we come out of this deep wr class  where we could use one or two and get nothing. We get totally run over all year long and we don't draft 1 inside dline. This has to be one of the worst drafts we have had in a long time. Maybe if Love pans out this will change my mind. Doesn't help next season though. 

Yeah, probably give this an F for the 2020 season. Hopefully I'm wrong or if not it looks better for 2021 and going forward.

20 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I am not going to fight here man. But just throwing out a number, I would say I want my #2 WR to be good for 750+ yards in the season.

Fair enough.

Just saying that we got a guy capable of putting up that statline in a worse environment than what he's walking into. I get wanting to do more but at some point you run out of spots in the WR room. Is what it is. Hope you have a good rest of your weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Fair enough.

Just saying that we got a guy capable of putting up that statline in a worse environment than what he's walking into. I get wanting to do more but at some point you run out of spots in the WR room. Is what it is. Hope you have a good rest of your weekend.

You as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Yeah. Maybe Lazard does actually take the next step. Maybe Funchess steps up to and makes a great turnaround. I don't care who gets the yards as long as someone does. I am a low to no ego guy and would happily admit I was wrong if Funchess bounces back or Lazard has a great season. But those are massive question marks till that happens. I would rather have someone more dependable and experienced as our #2.

Yes, a WR drafted where we were in the 1st or 2nd may not have been any better than Funchess or Lazard. I admit that. But, atleast we would have one more weapon with the potential to help us out. Just feel like not enough was done in the end. Maybe there is still time to make a trade or sign someone. Lets see.

It just helps to have context to what is expected or realistic for #2 WRs. 

Last season the following teams only had 1 WR over 600 yards:

-Patriots
-Packers
-Dolphins
-Colts
-Ravens
-Bengals
-Broncos
-Eagles (they did have two TEs over 600)
-Redskins
-Saints (Cook did exceed 700 yards)
-Vikings
-49ers (Kittle had 1k and Deebo had 800)

This also doesn't take into account situations where maybe a team had no 1000 yards WRs but a bunch of players under such as:

-Steelers
-Raiders (Waller was over 1k but no WRs exceeded 700)
-Giants
-Also the Packers (Adams only playing 12 games is the difference between him having probably 1300 yards and 997 :( )

The Packers also outgained some of the teams not on this list, but I didn't take into account offensive situations where they didn't do the crazy rotations the Packers did at WR or maybe had a 600 yard WR by 1 yard. Also the #2 WR position is kind of overrated in general in terms of the caliber of player you're getting/looking for. Especially in the Shanahan system.

54 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Did you ever think that they weren’t drafting for next season? 

14 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Did you ever think that they weren’t drafting for next season? 

No I didn't , being that we were close, thought we could fill a few holes and get back. 

After listening and reading a little more about the plan for offense , I'm feeling  a little more positive about it. Still not thrilled about taking a qb in the first , let alone the fact of trading up to do it.