2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

All that does is deny any opportunity to take shots at potentially talented players in other positions.

We did that with wide receiver and it has been an unmitigated disaster so far.

We took three separate positions you boners

Everyone gotta ***** though cuz it's OL

Edited by Norm

13 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Good to have another true center on board. I think he’s likely the highest ranked C they had left. 

Just read about him a little bit.  I was under the impression the entire Oregon o-line was a bunch of unathletic maulers, but it sounds like Hanson should be smooth enough of a mover to play in a ZBS.  Haven't watched him myself so I can't personally say, just going by scouting reports.

Stepaniak, on the other hand, sounds like he's more of a mauler and isn't very athletic.  Maybe he just needs to lose a little bad weight and get stronger.  I'm guessing he'll be a guard.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's pretty clear the intention is to go into games and run the ball a lot.  Will it work?  Who knows!

If the team goes 6-10, this draft disaster will only be magnified, even if the slot selection was disadvantageous.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's pretty clear the intention is to go into games and run the ball a lot.  Will it work?  Who knows!

I think it should work. Between Jones, Williams and Dillon I think we have a decent mix.

Still does not excuse the fact that they have not given Rodgers any help. I mean drafting Love was one thing but then not giving him any additional help does not make me very happy.

I've just noted something interesting. Neither Omar Bayless and Kirk Merritt has been drafted. They were the starting WRs for Arkansas and between them last season:

Omar Bayless:  93 catches, 1653 yards and 17 TDs

Kirk Merritt: 70 catches, 806 yards and 12 TDs

I wonder why no team is looking at them.

3 minutes ago, Howler said:

But Roseman went overboard.

Perhaps so, but the DAL secondary is a weak point.....so when your Division comp has a weakness (and you were running ball boys out at WR last year.....) you go overboard a bit to attack it.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I've just noted something interesting. Neither Omar Bayless and Kirk Merritt has been drafted. They were the starting WRs for Arkansas and between them last season:

Both went to Arkansas State I believe.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

Because NFL teams don't scout by googling stats

• Like 1

Cause they know both are gonna sign as UDFAs with GB of course!

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, LaFleur's offensive DNA is basically the same scheme as the 49ers run.  That sort of thing worked against a bunch of teams last year.

We don't have the same type talent, and this draft doesn't change that.

MLF is not in Kyle Shanahans league.  Gute isn't in Lynch's league either.