The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

On 9/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, G said:

In 3 quarters, Teddy has had some bad passes that would have some fans here calling for Carr to be benched.   LOL Mo Hurst SACK!!!

He is playing well but not much better than last year. He has better weapons is all. I want to see him continue to grow and fire down field when appropriate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G said:

Seeing that confirms in my mind that losing Mack ment a LOT more than most here realize. If he was replaced he probably will retire. 

Yeh, that was an unusual turn of phrase at the end. He really does want to be a Raider for the entirety of his career I believe. I think the Mack trade really shell shocked the team and Carr especially.

I really would like to see him play full of confidence, attack all the field and lead the offense with that authority he showed in 2016. He seems so desperate to bring the franchise success, maybe putting too much pressure on himself and over thinking things has held him back some.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, that was an unusual turn of phrase at the end. He really does want to be a Raider for the entirety of his career I believe. I think the Mack trade really shell shocked the team and Carr especially.

I really would like to see him play full of confidence, attack all the field and lead the offense with that authority he showed in 2016. He seems so desperate to bring the franchise success, maybe putting too much pressure on himself and over thinking things has held him back some.

you know that trade sucked the soul of the team because it happened right before the season. If our rookie wideouts develop into studs, watch out. 

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr deserves props right now he just can’t ignore his wrs

I think we'll see the WR's get more involved as the season goes on. We can't forget that Ruggs/Edwards are both rookies that didn't have any OTA's or preseason reps so it's going to take them some time. Not to mention I don't think Ruggs is at 100% plus we've been really dependent on short/quick passes which can be attributed to us having a make shift OL out there the first two weeks. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, that was an unusual turn of phrase at the end. 

Yeah I heard some talking about it here and I thought WTF but seeing how much he cares and knowing his family is already taken care of for generations. I wouldn't rule it out. I wouldn't want him to retire you can see how much he really cares. Even if we drafted a QB in the 1st I think Carr tells them you trade me I retire and you get nothing so they are forced to let him compete. Carr doesn't seem like the type to take his word lightly. "I'm not ever going to play for anybody else' Family and every relationship.

2022 Bring Mack back will be my chant. LOL Keep building and see if that 'gesture' puts us over the top in 2 years.    Nah...I'm still not salty. LOL Can always fix a mistake before it's too late. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:
Not sure how much stock people put in these things and I'd personally say Carr has been good but not great.

I think Carr has played extremely well this season considering the circumstances. He's on pace for 30+ TD, 4,000+ yards and a 70+ completion % and would only be the third QB in NFL history to pass for 4,000 yards and 30 TD while also completing over 70% of his passes. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Carr has played extremely well this season considering the circumstances. He's on pace for 30+ TD, 4,000+ yards and a 70+ completion % and would only be the third QB in NFL history to pass for 4,000 yards and 30 TD while also completing over 70% of his passes. 

I would love for that to happen and have been one of Carr's most vocal defenders at times here but I dont think its reliable to extrapolate out to 16 games from just 2.

I like where he's heading but hope he uses his legs a little more to keep Ds honest and picks up on one or two missed deep opportunities, though I know every QB has those of course. Its looking promising.

i think once Ruggs and DC have a little more time together well see more success on those deep balls. Slight mistiming is costing us from hitting those, but they are there for the taking. Once they are seeing the same reads its gonna be trouble for defenses.