The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He is ok, his absolute best case scenario is Carr imo. Nothing majorly impressive about his physical tools, good runner. One good year as a starter. 

I'd look at him in the late 2nd but he will go in the first

Feel like you're a little low on him. He's more diet-Joe Burrow to me. Plays with a similar chip on his shoulder. Doesn't play scared. Nothing elite in his skill set, but has what he needs like Burrow. 

A lot of QBs compare to Carr (Burrow included) from arm, accuracy and athletic profile. Where they will separate is the mental side of it. Burrow and Carr are similar,  but Burrow plays with a calm confidence Carr doesn't have.

If I can get a 23 year old Derek Carr with more edge, give me that all day bottom of round 1. 

29 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He is ok, his absolute best case scenario is Carr imo. Nothing majorly impressive about his physical tools, good runner. One good year as a starter. 

I'd look at him in the late 2nd but he will go in the first

I see some Big Ben burrow type traits in him I don’t see carr in him

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Feel like you're a little low on him. He's more diet-Joe Burrow to me. Plays with a similar chip on his shoulder. Doesn't play scared. Nothing elite in his skill set, but has what he needs like Burrow. 

A lot of QBs compare to Carr (Burrow included) from arm, accuracy and athletic profile. Where they will separate is the mental side of it. Burrow and Carr are similar,  but Burrow plays with a calm confidence Carr doesn't have.

If I can get a 23 year old Derek Carr with more edge, give me that all day bottom of round 1. 

Burrow is decent, overrated and not close to elite. Got an unbelievable situation in Cincinnati.

Was Pickett not playing scared when he was having 4 extremely mediocre years basically being a check down king? One year wonder. 

18 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He has absolutely tiny hands and isn't particularly large. How can he be Ben, who was famous for pump fakes and being a mountain. 

He’s seems really tough not easy to rattle extends plays can make tough throws 

I admit I’ve probably only watched 3 games of his that fake slide (in my crazy world) shows me his football iq is good

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Kenny Pickett is a carbon copy of Daniel Jones to me. And, he may not even be draftable depending on what his hands measure.

Daniel Jones wasn’t even that good at duke iirc he seemed to live off that manning co-sign 

30 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Burrow is decent, overrated and not close to elite. Got an unbelievable situation in Cincinnati.

Was Pickett not playing scared when he was having 4 extremely mediocre years basically being a check down king? One year wonder. 

I’ve watched Clem, wf and Mia I’ll definitely watch some from last year

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Daniel Jones wasn’t even that good at duke iirc he seemed to live off that manning co-sign 

His seasons before this one were worse than Jones but his break out year was way better than anything Jones had. He has got a bit of money about him tbf

14 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

QBs this draft are trash

I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion yet.

QBs can change up NFL training and coaching. The QBs this season was compared to the 2004 draft class and they struggled as a whole mostly. I’m actually intrigued by Zappe

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion yet.

QBs can change up NFL training and coaching. The QBs this season was compared to the 2004 draft class and they struggled as a whole mostly. I’m actually intrigued by Zappe

Comparing to the 04 guys? Are we talking 21? Cuz the top 3 at least in 04 were pretty frickin good. Lol that’s Manning, rivers and Big Ben. I just read an article about the kid from Se Louisiana. Interesting late rnd or UDFA project possibly. 

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Comparing to the 04 guys? Are we talking 21? Cuz the top 3 at least in 04 were pretty frickin good. Lol that’s Manning, rivers and Big Ben. I just read an article about the kid from Se Louisiana. Interesting late rnd or UDFA project possibly. 

Yes, I’m talking about 2021 draft that was heralded as the best since 04. They mostly struggled in the rookie year. Was basically saying that isn’t a lock that 2022 QB class is automatically bad like everyone lots are saying