The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

http://ftp.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=569063&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Oh how I wish I could see who these 9 people who voted for McGloin to start over Carr in 2015 were lol

http://ftp.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=575302

I actually started the above thread.  I joined back in 2010.  Man that's crazy.  I created like 2-3 logins because I kept forgetting my login information.  Can't believe I thought R. McClain would do something lol.  I had high hopes back then.  Always been an optimist.  Anyway, pretty crazy to think back to how RM had us so far under the cap.  We could've made some smart moves and drafted better and been so much more competitive.  Anyway, moving away from nostalgia...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Truthfully, Saying Carr deserved to be benched after going 6-5 through the toughest schedule in the NFL, where we allowed 29 PPG against, shows me enough to probably just drop it. You simply just want a new qb. Thats fine. 

Did our staff give Marcus Mariota 30+ mil because hes a nice guy too lol, come on, do you really believe thats why the signed him. I truly hope you know, they thought MM was the best option to compete against Carr. 

Bringing it back to the bold, So you believe if all things were fair MM wouldve taken Carrs job.
You literally just posted'
"competition lol, who"

You are riding both sides of the fence here, saying MM is a better QB then carr and would take his job if things are fair, and also saying weve never brought in competition lol.
Which one is it?

Mm was hurt initially did you miss that statement? How is a hurt qb going to be good competition? He wasn’t even active 

now a healthy mm would be Carr’s best competition he’s ever had in the nfl.

hope that clears things up

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

hah. 

i've always been a pragmatist

56e5c0faedc3ba885d6ede22dda4a273.png

Here is what I had to say:

This must be some kind of joke? McGloin has been playing against guys who will be cut in 5 days and you guys want to start him?

Carr showed real promise last year with inferior talent at every position. Sure Carr wont be Luck but pulling the plug on him based on a few preseason games with vanilla play calling is down right insane.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Humble_Beast said:

lol DC just a real one 

Some guys just prefer QBs who throw their org/teammates under the bus and demand trades. We’ve been a dumpster fire of bad picks, FA pickups, guys forcing trades out, yet the one guys who can play that actually wants to play here is constantly bashed. Raider Nation or Twilight Zone? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think adding Ngakoue will be big, as it'll allow Ferrell to move around and not be typecast into a "speed rush"/wide-9 kind of role.

Plus I think we have a player with the talent to actual play deep safety in Moehrig. DT and FS are the 2 most impactful positions in this style of defense IMO. DT is still questionable, but Philon and Jefferson have played at a high level before and Ferrell will rush some inside.

Abram is also somewhat a wild card, but Joseph is a solid starter worst case.

CB should be improved, as even if Hayward is washed (to be determined), he has the composure and smarts to be a decent starter at bare minimum. Lawson is a fine slot corner (worst case) and I'm confident one of Arnette/Johnson/Robertson will make a jump.

All in all, I'm not expecting a world beating defense but we can make a push to be closer to 16 than 32. If we do that, I'll be happy.

I feel the same.  A you said the DT position is the only question mark.  For us to maximize the pass rush and therefore increase the play of the entire defense we need a 3T.  We might get lucky but I do not see anyone that will make the type of impact we need.  Next years free agent class of DTs would have been great 5 years ago.  I think this will be our #1 target next offseason.  If we get a good push up the middle this team will turn it around really fast.  With what we have right now a player like Chris Jones would make this a top ten defense in 2022.  Got to hope we get lucky.  Draft a 3T in the first and a NT in the 3rd.  Problem in the rookie DTs they normally do not produce year 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

also, since I know W and L are a QB stat to you
Derek Carr vs Chargers in 2020 1-0
MM vs Chargers in 2020 0-1

😆
Doesnt matter that we missed a fg, because If MM did a better job it shouldnt have come down to a fg. Right?

Mariota played well against the Chargers but his interception at the end killed us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I feel the same.  A you said the DT position is the only question mark.  For us to maximize the pass rush and therefore increase the play of the entire defense we need a 3T.  We might get lucky but I do not see anyone that will make the type of impact we need.  Next years free agent class of DTs would have been great 5 years ago.  I think this will be our #1 target next offseason.  If we get a good push up the middle this team will turn it around really fast.  With what we have right now a player like Chris Jones would make this a top ten defense in 2022.  Got to hope we get lucky.  Draft a 3T in the first and a NT in the 3rd.  Problem in the rookie DTs they normally do not produce year 1.

I think we may try and trade for a DT, like one of Washington's or Minnesota's (they have 3 good ones now) at some point during the season for a pick+player (in Washington's case, maybe Mariota).

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Some guys just prefer QBs who throw their org/teammates under the bus and demand trades. We’ve been a dumpster fire of bad picks, FA pickups, guys forcing trades out, yet the one guys who can play that actually wants to play here is constantly bashed. Raider Nation or Twilight Zone? 

Those guys have won Super Bowls and are upset that the team isn't putting them in a position to win another one. 

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mm was hurt initially did you miss that statement? How is a hurt qb going to be good competition? He wasn’t even active 

now a healthy mm would be Carr’s best competition he’s ever had in the nfl.

hope that clears things up

So Mariota missed what 12 games from a strained pec injury?
Derek Carr broke a bone in his back missed 1 game, and people call him soft. 

What the hell is MM if a strained pec causes you to miss 12 weeks, if Derek Carr is soft for missing 1 with a broken bone lol
-
I dont think the injury was nearly as bad as it was made to seem. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Crazy same arguing for the past 6 years lol only thing that hasn’t changed is………?

Us not drafting well?
Us having a terrible D?
Derek Carr having a legit MVP caliber season?
😆😆😆

Edited by BackinBlack

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mariota played well against the Chargers but his interception at the end killed us.

Mariota did play really well, his int was bad, and IIRC he threw another ball that shouldve been picked, but outside of that for coming in he did amazing. 
I really wanted to see him the next week against the dolphins? (could be wrong there)

its tough to come in off the bench, and MM did really well, but also the chargers werent game planning for mariota. I wanted to see him up against a team ready for him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Mariota did play really well, his int was bad, and IIRC he threw another ball that shouldve been picked, but outside of that for coming in he did amazing. 
I really wanted to see him the next week against the dolphins? (could be wrong there)

its tough to come in off the bench, and MM did really well, but also the chargers werent game planning for mariota. I wanted to see him up against a team ready for him

I think a lot of fans wanted to see Mariota as well. IMO we would of seen the same flaws but the wow stuff as well scrambling and improvising.

• Like 1