The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Again when you have a RB getting 1500-2000 yards and two rushing titles in a row you can look really good calling plays 

Derrick Henry averaged 764 yards and 7 TD per season before Smith took over. Once Smith took over he averaged 1,800 yards and 17 TD.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Derrick Henry averaged 764 yards and 7 TD per season before Smith took over. Once Smith took over he averaged 1,800 yards and 17 TD.

Look I like Arthur Smith personally and think he’ll be a good HC but realistically the other OCs before him were just stupid for making Henry split carries. Matt Lafluer realized it at the end of the 2018 season and Henry had 1000 yards. Arthur smith just followed suit IMO.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Henry really took off once MM hit the bench.  Teams had to start to respect the pass with Tannehill in there and had no fear with MM at the helm.  

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Henry really took off once MM hit the bench.  Teams had to start to respect the pass with Tannehill in there and had no fear with MM at the helm.  

he also took off when around the same time they decided only give henry the carries and stopped making him split with dion lewis. 

11 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Look I like Arthur Smith personally and think he’ll be a good HC but realistically the other OCs before him were just stupid for making Henry split carries. Matt Lafluer realized it at the end of the 2018 season and Henry had 1000 yards. Arthur smith just followed suit IMO.

In the previous two seasons before Smith took over they averaged 20.1 ppg, with Smith and Tannehill at QB they averaged 30.5 ppg. 

Some good stuff on qb play here. I think Carr can still improve a lot of things. He needs to set his feet better against pressure. That pick 6 vs ATL was by far his worst throw of the season for me IMO. But man the Agholor and Richard picks were brutal. I'm an outspoken Agholor guy but his hands were rough at times. I also think something Carr did really well in the KC game that he stopped doing was rushing for 3 or 4 yards on pass plays where no one was open. Just get 2 or 3 yards. Keep the drive alive.

The more I watch, the more I think Gruden is to blame for some of this late season stuff. Like look at Witten running the 4 verts vs atlanta. Like really? And yikes Gabe looked horrible on some of these sacks. He's not who he was. I think Good is better at this point, especially in the run game.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 11:02 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Some good stuff on qb play here. I think Carr can still improve a lot of things. He needs to set his feet better against pressure. That pick 6 vs ATL was by far his worst throw of the season for me IMO. But man the Agholor and Richard picks were brutal. I'm an outspoken Agholor guy but his hands were rough at times. I also think something Carr did really well in the KC game that he stopped doing was rushing for 3 or 4 yards on pass plays where no one was open. Just get 2 or 3 yards. Keep the drive alive.

The more I watch, the more I think Gruden is to blame for some of this late season stuff. Like look at Witten running the 4 verts vs atlanta. Like really? And yikes Gabe looked horrible on some of these sacks. He's not who he was. I think Good is better at this point, especially in the run game.

Great point about the anticipation throws too when we're trotting out two rookies and a brand new starter in Agholor with little to no off season to work on the chemistry and anticipation. These guys really are very good and I find them fair in their criticism too.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Spider-2-Y-Would-You-Do-That-Banana was our playcalling in a nutshell at times.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, Darbsk said:

Great point about the anticipation throws too when we're trotting out two rookies and a brand new starter in Agholor with little to no off season to work on the chemistry and anticipation. These guys really are very good and I find them fair in their criticism too.

yep. their production quality is still pretty meh but they have by far the best substantive raiders content on youtube. glad there's finally an alternative to sanjit and S&B presents

Edited by Turnobili

Qb winz argument is terrible and will continue to be terrible. There are teams that made the playoffs last year like the bears and colts who tried to add Carr. Meanwhile we're clamoring to get rid of him without a plan to even upgrade him. What does that plan look like exactly, I'm curious?

If he doesn't perform this year, I'm all for bringing in someone new. But i'm pretty sure he will be good enough. If the defense plays up to par, we should make the playoffs.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Qb winz argument is terrible and will continue to be terrible. There are teams that made the playoffs last year like the bears and colts who tried to add Carr. Meanwhile we're clamoring to get rid of him without a plan to even upgrade him. What does that plan look like exactly, I'm curious?

If he doesn't perform this year, I'm all for bringing in someone new. But i'm pretty sure he will be good enough. If the defense plays up to par, we should make the playoffs.

(Insert Over-Hyped QB From The 2022 Draft Class Here)

#neverforgettankfortuawaspopularhere