The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Scoring more than 24 should dam near be a given and not bragged about 

no one was bragging about scoring 24 points. i think you read that wrong, but 24ppg given up is about league average, were at about 30. So if we can get to average, Carr would have us in place to win a bunch of games. 

Edited by Geezy

On 7/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, drfrey13 said:

If you put Carr on the Colts he would have success and probably play better than he does with us.  He would be bad on the Bears.  I still do not think Carr can play in could weather or wind.  If he changed how he played he could make it work because he has the strength but he could do the same thing here and improve.  You can not float the ball and let your WR run under it in Chicago.  Statistically Rivers played to the same level as Carr.

Teams wins will improve if the defense improves but the opponents defense will also tighten up if our defense plays to a higher level.  A lot of teams played softer against us because they knew their offense could just drive down the field and score against us.  To just say improve the defense and the offense will perform the same is just playing checkers.  A team like TB is going to keep attacking no matter what but most teams adapt depending on the situation.  Kind of like when Nnamdi would have these insane statistical seasons where nobody would throw at him.  He was not a bad player but why throw at him when you can beat the guy across from him all day long and you could gain 5 yards a carry on the ground.  Same way Cooper could beat Ramsey all day long but Cooper could not get Carr to look his way because they had already decided to not throw at him.

Major reach. If we can get more stops we get more possessions/TOP. Teams aint taking it easy defensively because our defense is trash.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, NYRaider said:

When great quarterbacks come into a franchise there's usually a shift in culture inside the building. We saw it last year with Brady in Tampa Bay. Their last playoff win was when they beat us in the Super Bowl 20 years ago. Were they more talented than us? Definitely. But their entire team improved in all 3 phases largely in part to Brady's leadership and the energy that he brought into the building. 

We were a losing franchise before Carr arrived and that losing has continued with him. Even despite him putting up okay numbers it's not translating to wins. And then you hear guys like Nelly saying that the team lacked accountability, which comes back to your leaders in the locker room aka your quarterback. We've seen Trent Brown refuse to workout and celebrate when he was let go but he was in great shape and a model teammate in New England. Antonio Brown acted out and celebrated being released and had no issues/wasn't a distraction once he got down to Tampa. 

My biggest gripe against Carr is that in each of the last two seasons he has played at a high level the first 10 weeks of the season and then totally collapsed during the final 6 games when we were in playoff contention. 

losing a QB who threw 30 picks the year before helped a ton

On 7/5/2021 at 7:02 AM, Jerry said:

Crazy.  I just don't understand how someone can be such a terrible human being and still play in the NFL and it all be forgiven.  The weird, shady stuff that was going on with the mother of his children was just a poop show man.  I'll never understand how people like T. Hill and AB can be in the NFL and everyone just acts like it never happened.  Same with K. Hunt.  Just blemishes all over the NFL.

nature of the beast, if you can ball on the field you can be a **** human being. Sucks but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Only earned 76 yards lol I know that’s sad but imagine the previous 4 games 

55yrs vs kc

27 vs atl

49 vs Indy 

69 vs Mia 

now that’s depressing 

i guess, but again;

Chargers 2.9 Average
Miami 5.3 average
KC 3.2
ATL 3.9
Indy 3.8
-
To say Mariota opened up the run game for our RBs, doesnt have much to back it up. 
Mariota ran well, and because of that the Raiders had a lot of running yards. 
But our RBs were pathetic that day. 
and in that 5 game stretch, our RBs were actually the worst in the Charger game.

Jacob was also 5 Carries for 27 yards before Carr got injured. 
So his stats for the game
5 for 27  - 5.4 average - When Carr was in
21 for 49 - 2.33 average - When Mariota was in
-
What is better numbers to you?
(LOL 100% helps that 1 carry was 20 yards), but like MM we only have a small sample size to go off of. 

25 minutes ago, Geezy said:

no one was bragging about scoring 24 points. i think you read that wrong, but 24ppg given up is about league average, were at about 30. So if we can get to average, Carr would have us in place to win a bunch of games. 

Oh I agree. I wonder how many points the offense gives away via turnovers. One less td per game and boom we have a top 10 defense 

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Scoring more than 24 should dam near be a given and not bragged about 

Wasnt bragging about it, just was showing that Miami statistically only gave up on average 21 points a game. 
So to say scoring 24 points on them should be a given is a little misleading. 
Whereas the Chargers on the road gave up exactly 27 ppg, so if anything that 27 points shouldve been a given : )

Edited by BackinBlack

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh I agree. I wonder how many points the offense gives away via turnovers. One less td per game and boom we have a top 10 defense 

its almost like our defense cant force any turnovers, not like thats the job or anything. And actually thats false, if we gave up a whole TD less, we still be middle of the pack, thats how terrible weve been on that side. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Wasnt bragging about it, just was showing that Miami statistically only gave up on average 21 points a game. 
So to say scoring 24 points on them should be a given is a little misleading. 
Whereas the Chargers on the road gave up exactly 27 ppg, so if anything that 27 points shouldve been a given : )

This was a reference to the post I made about us averaging 24 points per game on offense during the last 5 games carr played. 

edit my bad it was referring to Carr’s amazing comeback victories where 14 of them the horrible defense held the opponent to under 24 points. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

its almost like our defense cant force any turnovers, not like thats the job or anything. And actually thats false, if we gave up a whole TD less, we still be middle of the pack, thats how terrible weve been on that side. 

Thats also assuming we are the only O that has given points away via turnovers. 😆
While I know there is a lot of room to disagree on where DC stands in the nfl, I hope we can all agree turnovers are still part of the nfl. We arent the only team that they happen too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You’re correct iirc kc was the 10th best defense giving up 22.9 pts/ game. Defense definitely doesn’t make splash plays like sacks, ints fumble recoveries etc that definitely is a major  issue 

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You’re correct iirc kc was the 10th best defense giving up 22.9 pts/ game. Defense definitely doesn’t make splash plays like sacks, ints fumble recoveries etc that definitely is a major  issue 

We forced almost no turnovers aside from the Denver game. 

46 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

i guess, but again;

Chargers 2.9 Average
Miami 5.3 average
KC 3.2
ATL 3.9
Indy 3.8
-
To say Mariota opened up the run game for our RBs, doesnt have much to back it up. 
Mariota ran well, and because of that the Raiders had a lot of running yards. 
But our RBs were pathetic that day. 
and in that 5 game stretch, our RBs were actually the worst in the Charger game.

Jacob was also 5 Carries for 27 yards before Carr got injured. 
So his stats for the game
5 for 27  - 5.4 average - When Carr was in
21 for 49 - 2.33 average - When Mariota was in
-
What is better numbers to you?
(LOL 100% helps that 1 carry was 20 yards), but like MM we only have a small sample size to go off of. 

Well why do you think josh made that comment about mm after the game?