The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

that is because Derek Carr is soft and doesnt pump up the D 😆😆

No he’s too busy turning the ball over himself 9ints 11fumbles 🤦🏽‍♂️ compared to the defense only accounting for 15 turnovers. That’s never gonna work. 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well why do you think josh made that comment about mm after the game?

haha I honestly am not sure. We all thought Mariota played well in that game, so Im sure JJ was pumped up and if he was asked a question like ' how did it impact you .. it kind of leads him in to saying oh yea its great he gives us more room. 

It would depend on the question and how it came out?

if a reporter asked JJ how was it running the ball with MM in, is there any other answer youd expect him to say?

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No he’s too busy turning the ball over himself 9ints 11fumbles 🤦🏽‍♂️ compared to the defense only accounting for 15 turnovers. That’s never gonna work. 

well define work, because we had a winning record when DC started and finished the game. 
Just kidding around, 100% Carr needs to hold on to the ball wayyyyy better. 

I think I am going to look into Direct points off turnovers next.
Honest question, what should count as direct points?

obvioulsy pick/ fumble 6. 
Then a turnover around the 40, that the D holds to a fg? would count as 3?
i know Carr fumbled in the atl in the 30 ish range and our D got the ball back without points, how should I count that?
cause its no points, but the O put our D in a position to give up at least 3. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha I honestly am not sure. We all thought Mariota played well in that game, so Im sure JJ was pumped up and if he was asked a question like ' how did it impact you .. it kind of leads him in to saying oh yea its great he gives us more room. 

It would depend on the question and how it came out?

if a reporter asked JJ how was it running the ball with MM in, is there any other answer youd expect him to say?

He was pretty point blank about it 🤷🏾‍♂️ Guess I was wrong for taking it at face value.

Added running back Josh Jacobs, who rushed for 76 yards, including a 1-yard over-the-pile TD, on 26 carries: "He made the defense play honest. The ends couldn't come chase us down like they did last game we played them. They had to play their gaps and play their responsibilities."

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well define work, because we had a winning record when DC started and finished the game. 
Just kidding around, 100% Carr needs to hold on to the ball wayyyyy better. 

I think I am going to look into Direct points off turnovers next.
Honest question, what should count as direct points?

obvioulsy pick/ fumble 6. 
Then a turnover around the 40, that the D holds to a fg? would count as 3?
i know Carr fumbled in the atl in the 30 ish range and our D got the ball back without points, how should I count that?
cause its no points, but the O put our D in a position to give up at least 3. 

That’s a very good stat to look up points off turnovers from our offense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was pretty point blank about it 🤷🏾‍♂️ Guess I was wrong for taking it at face value.

Added running back Josh Jacobs, who rushed for 76 yards, including a 1-yard over-the-pile TD, on 26 carries: "He made the defense play honest. The ends couldn't come chase us down like they did last game we played them. They had to play their gaps and play their responsibilities."

sorry, def dont want to come across as saying youre wrong.
It is opinions after all, I am just trying to understand yours, because yes obviously as a team we ran for a lot of yards, but our RBs still struggled IMO
I have no idea why he wouldve said that after averaging so low with MM in😆

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

sorry, def dont want to come across as saying youre wrong.
It is opinions after all, I am just trying to understand yours, because yes obviously as a team we ran for a lot of yards, but our RBs still struggled IMO
I have no idea why he wouldve said that after averaging so low with MM in😆

This isn’t my opinion I’m just going off what he said…he’s a straight shooter usually so 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This isn’t my opinion I’m just going off what he said…he’s a straight shooter usually so 🤷🏾‍♂️

well I thought your opinion was MM opened up the running game for our backs? 
And you were using that to back it up?

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ot only produced a fg we had 3 tds vs chargers and only 2 vs Mia 

jacobs also mentioned how for the first time defenses had to play him honest and not crash down because defenses feared mm ability to improvise. 

we were slumping in the run game which helps us move the chains 89 vs kc pt2, 40 vs atl, 72 vs jets, 79 vs colts then mm helps us get 173 then 103 vs Mia & 104 vs den.

Here I guess my opinion of the quote was mm ability to improvise made the defense play honest 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Here I guess my opinion of the quote was mm ability to improvise made the defense play honest 

yea which is def fair. 
I thought that they tried to shut down our run game and make MM beat us. (with his arms + legs). 

I really am shocked JJ said that looking at his stats 😆

53 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yea which is def fair. 
I thought that they tried to shut down our run game and make MM beat us. (with his arms + legs). 

Well before that game jj was slumping I actually agree with him. I remember watching the game the chargers defense legit looked shook cause mm improvising was keeping the sticks moving. 

“Mariota, using myriad run-pass option plays, rushed for a game-high 88 yards on nine carries. Eight of those attempts resulted in a first down. The only NFL quarterbacks to have more first-down runs in a game since 1992 are Lamar Jackson with 10 such runs last season against the San Francisco 49ers and Michael Vick with nine against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006. Mariota also had a tough 2-yard TD run. “

that’s major for a running game. carr isn’t a threat to run or improvise. Definitely mm took some heat off of jj

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

yea which is def fair. 

Yeah....dude toted 26 times for a 2.9 ypc. Me thinks the run game WAS shut down. Lol

• Like 2