The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You're right, it's everyone but Carr's fault. He's the best quarterback in NFL history. 

It's funny because no one has ever insinuated anything even close to this. 

I just find it interesting that you have an excuse for every other quarterback, but you can't acknowledge that the dude playing for your team just had a career year, top 10/borderline top 10 statistically by nearly every metric that matters and has room to get better as part of a top 10 offense.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jared Goff passed for 4,700 yards and 32 TD on a 13-3, Super Bowl team that had a below average defense... 

Then **** the bed in the superbowl and helped his team score a grand total of 3 points. He had the #1 defense this year and played poorly, plus he's been trending in the wrong direction since Gurley fell off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jared Goff passed for 4,700 yards and 32 TD on a 13-3, Super Bowl team that had a below average defense... 

I can not wait for you to eat crow on your boy Goff this season.  I will remember these posts and blast you and your worthless, flawed opinion.  Goff is straight trash and will show how big of a bum he is this year on a terrible Lions team. 

Why don't you post estimated statistics for both Carr and Goff for this upcoming season?  You sure like to cherry pick worthless stats to fit your narrative but try and impress everyone on here for once and predict both QB's stat line for the upcoming season.  

Carr has put up good numbers, yet this team struggles to win games because of the ****ty defense. I'll say he gets the Raiders to the playoffs with any sort of respectful defense.  He'd have to play lights out though to get to the playoffs with Mahomes, Hebert and Lock in the division. 

43 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can not wait for you to eat crow on your boy Goff this season.  I will remember these posts and blast you and your worthless, flawed opinion.  Goff is straight trash and will show how big of a bum he is this year on a terrible Lions team. 

Why don't you post estimated statistics for both Carr and Goff for this upcoming season?  You sure like to cherry pick worthless stats to fit your narrative but try and impress everyone on here for once and predict both QB's stat line for the upcoming season.  

The Goff argument will never make sense because of any of that mattered they wouldn’t have traded him to get a quarterback with one playoff appearance. That shows us the NFL understands that wins don’t find the quarterback position. Some people are just a messed up situations. It’ll be very interesting to see what him and Sam Darnold do

• Like 1

Why don’t you just say it? “ I will never support DC and won’t be happy until he’s gone!” Because that’s the truth. Lmfao! Your BS assessment that people are blind carr backers or “stans” as you like to insultingly call them is total bullsh*t! Point that finger at your self cuz your blind dislike is obvious. As mr. Irvin would say....c’mon man. And btw, there were slim few who liked Herbert coming out....very slim few... now, it’s a love fest? Lmfao! 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Goff argument will never make sense because of any of that mattered they wouldn’t have traded him to get a quarterback with one playoff appearance. That shows us the NFL understands that wins don’t find the quarterback position. Some people are just a messed up situations. It’ll be very interesting to see what him and Sam Darnold do

I agree and Darnold appears to be a bum/ bust too.  The NFL understands that it's not just W/L's in defining a QB, context has to be used when evaluating every player at every position.  To look at any situation and black and white is about is dense and naive as one can be. 

5 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Why don’t you just say it? “ I will never support DC and won’t be happy until he’s gone!” Because that’s the truth. Lmfao! Your BS assessment that people are blind carr backers or “stans” as you like to insultingly call them is total bullsh*t! Point that finger at your self cuz your blind dislike is obvious. As mr. Irvin would say....c’mon man. And btw, there were slim few who liked Herbert coming out....very slim few... now, it’s a love fest? Lmfao! 

Exactly and the love for that bum Tua was through the roof.  @NYRaiderwas one of the Tua pumpers on here and shows me how little he knows about the QB position. 

If I remember correctly he wanted us to trade Carr and multiple picks to move up for that noodle armed bum. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You're right, it's everyone but Carr's fault. He's the best quarterback in NFL history. 

It’s just different standards some teams aren’t ok with not winning Super Bowls and aren’t impressed with just making it to the playoffs then there’s us. We’re ok with going 500. We’re ok with carr taking a crap on himself in pivotal games. We spend all our money on offense then blame the defense.

Even tho that backnblack poster showed specifically how carr and the offenses mistakes made the defense look much worse. And without it the defense would be more middle of the pack. *crickets*

that 408 dude even exposed Carr’s best year 2016 as fraudulent *crickets*

I exposed how Carr’s comeback victory trophies are also suspect

It’s just different levels 

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and Darnold appears to be a bum/ bust too.  The NFL understands that it's not just W/L's in defining a QB, context has to be used when evaluating every player at every position.  To look at any situation and black and white is about is dense and naive as one can be. 

Personally though I feel like Donald never got a fair shake in the NFL. A combination of that and injuries I think I’ve stunted his growth a little bit. I’m actually anxious to see how he does on the Panthers with a coordinator that actually wanted him and some real weapons that are scrap heap guys. Something that jumped out to me last year was his when his old receiver Robbie Anderson(Who was thought to be a deep threat because of how he was used) went on to be used as a complete receiver and had a career year. 

Yeah with the whole win/loss lost thing that’ll never make sense to me 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s just different standards some teams aren’t ok with not winning Super Bowls and aren’t impressed with just making it to the playoffs then there’s us. We’re ok with going 500. We’re ok with carr taking a crap on himself in pivotal games. We spend all our money on offense then blame the defense.

Even tho that backnblack poster showed specifically how carr and the offenses mistakes made the defense look much worse. And without it the defense would be more middle of the pack. *crickets*

LOL the 408 dude hahahaha

here’s the thing: the 2016 year was definitely a fluke. but to be fair to him he didn’t really have coaching back then.

That’s why you can see he’s gotten exponentially better since Gruden‘s gotten here. Just to be clear he’s much better now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL the 408 dude hahahaha

here’s the thing: the 2016 year was definitely a fluke. but to be fair to him he didn’t really have coaching back then.

That’s why you can see he’s gotten exponentially better since Gruden‘s gotten here. Just to be clear he’s much better now.

Meh I still say 2015 was Carr’s best year

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/18/espn-names-raiders-as-worst-defense-of-decade/

It's Carr's fault we had the worst D of the decade.... crickets LOL 

Deep attempts: 24-of-52, 968 yards, 10:1 TD-to-INT ratio, 124.2 passer rating

Comp: 46.2%

xComp: 31.7%

CPOE: +14.5%

GM Mike Mayock was not shy about expressing the confidence he has in Carr this offseason. And after looking at the QB's deep passing numbers, it's easy to understand why the team decided to maintain the status quo at the position. Carr posted an impressive CPOE of +14.5 percent and passer rating of 124.2 on deep throws last season. His TD-INT ratio of 10:1 explains his stellar rating, but what's even more encouraging about Carr's performance was how well he played when under duress. Carr led the NFL with 11 completions, 426 passing yards and six touchdowns on deep passes against the blitz in 2020. He also posted the second-highest expected points added on deep passes at 60.2. Carr took a massive year-to-year leap when going deep, posting a CPOE improvement of +15.1 percentage points on downfield attempts, lifting himself out of the negative and well into positive territory. He did this all despite a relatively quiet debut season from deep threat Henry Ruggs III, who needs to improve at getting in and out of his breaks as he enters Year Two, per Mayock. Carr might wish he still had free-agent departure Nelson Agholor, though, as the wideout accounted for six deep passing touchdowns in 2020, the second-most in the NFL behind Tyreek Hill's eight. Regardless, Carr had a strong response for anyone questioning his ability to throw the deep ball in 2020.

Passer rating: 77.2

Completion percentage: 53.5%

CPOE: +2.3%

Carr scored a tally in his favor in the battle against his haters with an appearance on our best deep passers list, and he gets another one here with this selection. Carr earned his position by proving that he was unafraid of using his arm to get the Raiders out of trouble, averaging 8.7 yards per attempt under pressure (second-highest mark in the NFL). The key for Carr was a quick release in 2020, posting a 111.6 passer rating, 13 touchdown passes and just two interceptions on quick passes (time to throw under 2.5 seconds). Interestingly, Carr was actually worse when he had extended time to throw (four or more seconds), finishing with a passer rating of 76.2 on such attempts. Speeding Carr up is, in fact, a bad idea for opposing defenses, it seems.

Carr was slightly worse under pressure in 2020 than he was in 2019, when he finished as one of three quarterbacks with a passer rating of 100 or better both under pressure and not under pressure (the other two were Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill). In that season, he was the only quarterback who was better under pressure (103.7) than not (100.3), but his 2020 rating of 77.2 is still very good, as evidenced by his appearance here. Hate all you want on Carr, but don't get in his face -- or he might make you and your band of doubters pay with a completion.

Crickets....  

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I just find it interesting that you have an excuse for every other quarterback, but you can't acknowledge that the dude playing for your team just had a career year, top 10/borderline top 10 statistically by nearly every metric that matters and has room to get better as part of a top 10 offense.

Psssst.....

That's Carr's fault too. 

58 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/18/espn-names-raiders-as-worst-defense-of-decade/

It's Carr's fault we had the worst D of the decade.... crickets LOL 

Deep attempts: 24-of-52, 968 yards, 10:1 TD-to-INT ratio, 124.2 passer rating

Comp: 46.2%

xComp: 31.7%

CPOE: +14.5%

GM Mike Mayock was not shy about expressing the confidence he has in Carr this offseason. And after looking at the QB's deep passing numbers, it's easy to understand why the team decided to maintain the status quo at the position. Carr posted an impressive CPOE of +14.5 percent and passer rating of 124.2 on deep throws last season. His TD-INT ratio of 10:1 explains his stellar rating, but what's even more encouraging about Carr's performance was how well he played when under duress. Carr led the NFL with 11 completions, 426 passing yards and six touchdowns on deep passes against the blitz in 2020. He also posted the second-highest expected points added on deep passes at 60.2. Carr took a massive year-to-year leap when going deep, posting a CPOE improvement of +15.1 percentage points on downfield attempts, lifting himself out of the negative and well into positive territory. He did this all despite a relatively quiet debut season from deep threat Henry Ruggs III, who needs to improve at getting in and out of his breaks as he enters Year Two, per Mayock. Carr might wish he still had free-agent departure Nelson Agholor, though, as the wideout accounted for six deep passing touchdowns in 2020, the second-most in the NFL behind Tyreek Hill's eight. Regardless, Carr had a strong response for anyone questioning his ability to throw the deep ball in 2020.

Passer rating: 77.2

Completion percentage: 53.5%

CPOE: +2.3%

Carr scored a tally in his favor in the battle against his haters with an appearance on our best deep passers list, and he gets another one here with this selection. Carr earned his position by proving that he was unafraid of using his arm to get the Raiders out of trouble, averaging 8.7 yards per attempt under pressure (second-highest mark in the NFL). The key for Carr was a quick release in 2020, posting a 111.6 passer rating, 13 touchdown passes and just two interceptions on quick passes (time to throw under 2.5 seconds). Interestingly, Carr was actually worse when he had extended time to throw (four or more seconds), finishing with a passer rating of 76.2 on such attempts. Speeding Carr up is, in fact, a bad idea for opposing defenses, it seems.

Carr was slightly worse under pressure in 2020 than he was in 2019, when he finished as one of three quarterbacks with a passer rating of 100 or better both under pressure and not under pressure (the other two were Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill). In that season, he was the only quarterback who was better under pressure (103.7) than not (100.3), but his 2020 rating of 77.2 is still very good, as evidenced by his appearance here. Hate all you want on Carr, but don't get in his face -- or he might make you and your band of doubters pay with a completion.

Crickets....  

one year he finally found his deep ball and his main deep ball sidekick left…think about that for a second 

now…what’s your thoughts on backnblack’s breakdown of the effects Carr’s mistakes had on the defense and how the offense took the defense from semi bad to epic garbage levels 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN