The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also wasn't putting his defense in a bad position by leaving points on the board. Brady threw 28 TD/0 INT in the red zone and Carr threw 15 TD/1 INT in the red zone. They had the 7th best red zone TD% in the league and we had the 24th best. We also led the NFL in red zone FGA. 

How is being 7th in points per drive bad?

Even with the RZ miscues, a lot of which fall on gruden. Carr was not putting the defense in a bad position. That’s a ridiculous take. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I’m aware. But Goff was a product of McVays system and eventually became a liability. Carr was one of the best deep passers in the league last year and is playing with a coach who is incredibly inferior to mcvay in terms of play design/red zone execution. Not to mention Goff benefited from a great running game which opened up play action when he was at his best. We’ve never had that kind of production from the running game.

You think McVay wouldn’t take Carr over Goff straight up? Carr and Stafford have a lot of similarities as players.

Goff was the former #1 overall pick, so to say he was totally a product of the system is meh. Our running game was pretty much on par with the Rams the last two seasons. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

Based on this, Daniel Jones is the best deep passer in the NFL. Is he better than Carr? 

It's debatable, he was willing to give up Goff and 2 1sts for Stafford though. Who I think any team in the league would take over Carr. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Goff was the former #1 overall pick, so to say he was totally a product of the system is meh. Our running game was pretty much on par with the Rams the last two seasons. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

Based on this, Daniel Jones is the best deep passer in the NFL. Is he better than Carr? 

It's debatable, he was willing to give up Goff and 2 1sts for Stafford though. Who I think any team in the league would take over Carr. 

The last 2 seasons Goff regressed with a similar run game whereas Carr thrived. The Daniel jones comparison sucks because you can look at PFF, passer rating, DVOA, CPOE, and whatever else you like. I don’t need to cherry pick one stat. 

But I know you won’t. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How is being 7th in points per drive bad?

Even with the RZ miscues, a lot of which fall on gruden. Carr was not putting the defense in a bad position. That’s a ridiculous take. 

Carr's inability to finish drives with TD's definitely put our defense in a bad spot. As did his 2nd most turnovers in the league.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The last 2 seasons Goff regressed with a similar run game whereas Carr thrived. The Daniel jones comparison sucks because you can look at PFF, passer rating, DVOA, CPOE, and whatever else you like. I don’t need to cherry pick one stat. 

But I know you won’t. 

Carr didn't thrive in 2019. And he absolutely fell apart the last 6 games of the season both years. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Carr didn't thrive in 2019. And he absolutely fell apart the last 6 games of the season both years. 

He had a passer rating over 100 with a mediocre receiving group in 2019.

Then this year he got some more downfield threats and took off.

And he absolutely didn't fall apart over the last 6 this year. We've been over this many times. We're going to include picks off of drops, tipped passes, an incredible interception by kenny moore to bring up TD/Int ratio and the like.

It's a sorry narrative that removes context and downplays the defense gave up 34 PPG in that span. 

It's okay for you to think what you want, but if you think slightly better play from Carr would have made the difference down the stretch, that's being delusional.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's inability to finish drives with TD's definitely put our defense in a bad spot. As did his 2nd most turnovers in the league.

Yes it was definitely his inability. I'd love for you to break down how the redzone miscues were his fault. And not a product of Gruden or the exceptionally poor RZ run game.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yes it was definitely his inability. I'd love for you to break down how the redzone miscues were his fault. And not a product of Gruden or the exceptionally poor RZ run game.

It's the blinders bro.  🧱

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

All 3 was a problem. Bad play calling. Stupid personal packages. Lack of creativity. Carr lack of improvising. All played a role. I mean, how many times he had carr roll to the right with one pass catcher on that side was mind blowing to be honest. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Minimizing turnovers helps his defense 

Ok bro, Carr’s the reason our defense sucks. You win. He’s gives them leads with 19 seconds left with no time outs but it’s his fault we still lose. Got it 🙌🏽