The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm a Carr supporter, but damn, I'm seriously getting tired with this ****. Jacobs was wide open for an easy throw over the middle which would have resulted in a TD (he could have walked in). So of course he throws a pass to Zay Jones in the corner of the end zone where he was covered.  It's **** like this why the Raiders are horrible in the red zone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'm a Carr supporter, but damn, I'm seriously getting tired with this ****. Jacobs was wide open for an easy throw over the middle which would have resulted in a TD (he could have walked in). So of course he throws a pass to Zay Jones in the corner of the end zone where he was covered.  It's **** like this why the Raiders are horrible in the red zone.

I'm not a Carr "hater" but there are just too many of those. Then we have people blaming the rest of the team for not doing their job, how about Carr hits a wide open target when he has one?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

An 8 year vet should not be missing this many open WRs. Especially in critical situations. 

He lacks situational awareness.  When he panics he gets locked into what he is comfortable with.  He deserves a lot of the blame for this game and it shows some of his flaws.  Not boneheaded mistakes but just flaws in his game.  None of this happens if he goes for the 1st down on the previous drive.  Also horrible play calling and Carr's audibles sucked.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

This is the play I was talking about a couple days ago.  We either get to run the clock down to kick a FG after picking up a first down or Jacobs walks in for a TD.  I do not like the play call either.  At least run the 2 WRs on the left to the 1st down marker as another option.  3rd and 7 and you have two WRs run 4 yard routes.

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is the play I was talking about a couple days ago.  We either get to run the clock down to kick a FG after picking up a first down or Jacobs walks in for a TD.  I do not like the play call either.  At least run the 2 WRs on the left to the 1st down marker as another option.  3rd and 7 and you have two WRs run 4 yard routes.

The 2 short routes are meant to keep coverage guys closer to the LOS for Jones to get behind them. The outside CB isn't fooled though.

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The 2 short routes are meant to keep coverage guys closer to the LOS for Jones to get behind them. The outside CB isn't fooled though.

He is not fooled because he is reading Carr's eyes and when the route is broken off short in front of him it confirms Carr's intentions.  You run the WRs to the 1st down markers and the CB has to stay with the WR.  Carr should have been reading the DB with a secondary 1st down route.  Whatever he chooses we win.  Instead he was looking at Jones the entire time.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm not a Carr "hater" but there are just too many of those. Then we have people blaming the rest of the team for not doing their job, how about Carr hits a wide open target when he has one?

Same. Not a Carr hater. But the offense runs through him and he's leaving points on the field. 

He's an 8 year vet staring down his receivers like it's year 1.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Same. Not a Carr hater. But the offense runs through him and he's leaving points on the field. 

He's an 8 year vet staring down his receivers like it's year 1.

I’m firmly in this camp as well. We could do a whole lot worse at the position but to stay with Carr is sentencing ourselves to another 6-8 years of 7-10 wins a year.

I’m just not good with that organizational roadmap. 

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He lacks situational awareness.  When he panics he gets locked into what he is comfortable with.  He deserves a lot of the blame for this game and it shows some of his flaws.  Not boneheaded mistakes but just flaws in his game.  None of this happens if he goes for the 1st down on the previous drive.  Also horrible play calling and Carr's audibles sucked.

It's crazy because he missed very makeable throws and we still should have won. How did Zay not catch that ball? He needs to be off the team next year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's crazy because he missed very makeable throws and we still should have won. How did Zay not catch that ball? He needs to be off the team next year.

That’s a tough over the shoulder catch. It wasn’t like it was a slant or a cross 

38 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

That’s a tough over the shoulder catch. It wasn’t like it was a slant or a cross 

I'll pull the picture. It literally was in his hands.  I agree it wasn't a gimme catch, but if you can't make that catch I don't want you on the team next year.

• Like 1

Also Jacobs is really nice out of the backfield on routes and we've never as a coaching staff featured him in that way. That one Carr missed just showed it.

This staff can't use their players. Edwards is being misused rn as well. No plays in space. He is a load to tackle and we never get him the ball anymore. We did it more with gru.

• Like 3