The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

True. That is where Carr being in his 3rd year in this system will help.

Looking around the rest of the AFC, i think Carr is one of like 7 QBs who will have run the same system 3 years.

Yes it’s a very rare thing. He should know Grudens system like the back of his head. The negative aspect of another QB would be we would have to wait a year for him to learn it and 2021 would be yet another year lost. 

I really hope that Carr can return to 2016 form this season. We have all of the right pieces around him to help him succeed. A healthy Tyrell Williams and an improved Hunter Renfrow/Darren Waller plus all of the guys that we brought in should be fun. There's also a ton of pressure on Gruden to show that he really is an offensive guru now that he has a ton of weapons that he can move around. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

The AFC West has the potential to be so tough this year depending on Lock's second year development and the Chargers QB situation. 

Definitely. Denver definitely improved and LAC has been perhaps the most talented overall team in the division for years now.

The Chiefs have absolutely destroyed everybody in this division since Peyton Manning retired. I hope we and the rest of the division can at least give them a challenge this year.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think people need to utilize the 'Ignore' feature if they feel like they are being attacked. I've used it and still do for some and I have no issues.

Anyways, about our QBs.

Yeah I’d like too, and I’ve been suggested to do so, but I’m not comfortable with someone making up constant lies about me (I want Carr to fail) and just flaming me to no-end and I can’t defend myself because I don’t see it. I wake up to double digit notifications a day of him trolling. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Definitely. Denver definitely improved and LAC has been perhaps the most talented overall team in the division for years now.

The Chiefs have absolutely destroyed everybody in this division since Peyton Manning retired. I hope we and the rest of the division can at least give them a challenge this year.

Every team in our division is stacked with offensive fire power. Our young defenders are really going to have to step it up. A lot of question marks but if Littleton/Kwit/Abram/Randall are all as good as advertised that should help us a ton. Also gotta hope that our young CB's can step up this year too. But for the first time in forever we have good, young, athletic players at every position across the roster. IIRC the only two starters that we'll have who are 30+ will be Hudson and Incognito. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I really hope that Carr can return to 2016 form this season. We have all of the right pieces around him to help him succeed. A healthy Tyrell Williams and an improved Hunter Renfrow/Darren Waller plus all of the guys that we brought in should be fun. There's also a ton of pressure on Gruden to show that he really is an offensive guru now that he has a ton of weapons that he can move around. 

We’ve done Carr the right way:

Top 5 OL

Top 10 RB

Top 10 TE

3 of our first 4 picks on WRs, very good young core

Gruden, a offensive great for a long time

The ball is in Carrs park now. Hopefully he can channel his inner-Stephen Curry and lay some 3’s all over the place. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

There's also a ton of pressure on Gruden to show that he really is an offensive guru now that he has a ton of weapons that he can move around. 

Right. His offenses have been bland these first teo years but now i want to see more.

I know his good friend Andy Reid would have no problem getting creative with Ruggs and Bowden Jr. Let's see him open it up.

Just now, BayRaider said:

The ball is in Carrs park now. Hopefully he can channel his inner-Stephen Curry and lay some 3’s all over the place. 

We've added Williams, Jacobs, Moreau, Renfrow, Agholor, Witten, Ruggs, Bowden, and Edwards in the past two offseason's. Plus Trent Brown and Richie Incognito up front. Carr has everything that he needs to be successful this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What a passive aggressive, soft post.

You called Carr  "one of the worst QBs in the league, and biggest p**** in the league by a country mile" 

You have zero respect for the man and are going to try and tells us you're rooting for him. This is the classic "post something positive, in case it all comes back on me" post and I'm not hear for it.

Let's not talk about other members, or I'm going to have to start giving out warnings. Let's keep this clean.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Like your Carr > Mahomes take.

Or your Kyler Murray = Tebow take.

Yeah and I still think Carr will have a better career then Mahomes and Murray will be out if the league before his rookie contract expires.

Alright guys, what everyone has wanted/suggested for both of us, I’m gonna be the better man here:

BP is officially on my ignore list. 

It prevents back and forth banter. But it still won’t solve him bringing me up all the time and constantly de-railing threads. That is probably still going to happen. He can’t stop. 

However, the arguments are done. 

Back to the QB Thread, 

Carr/Mariota have been discussed but it looks like Peterman is our QB3 this year. I always thought he was a way better option than Glennon last year and he looked phenomenal in Training Camp and Pre Season. Was a big fan of Peterman coming out of college. 

Obviously I hope Peterman never starts, but I am curious how he would look in a regular season game with the Raiders and Gruden, and if he has overcome his mental issues from the Bills.