The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Dalton would have been my preferred choice if I'm honest. Winston I just don't like, as a QB he plays situationally unaware and there's something about him that just seems 'off' 😀

Cam I assume would have wanted a chance to start and I think he wouldn't be suited to our scheme which just suits Carr better. If he was available I would say that Bridgewater may have been a good fit. I can imagine Gruden thinking a lot of Taysom Hill too.

I honestly thought Winston could thrive behind carr and learn how to be more selective with his throws. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Dalton would have been my preferred choice if I'm honest. Winston I just don't like, as a QB he plays situationally unaware and there's something about him that just seems 'off' 😀

Cam I assume would have wanted a chance to start and I think he wouldn't be suited to our scheme which just suits Carr better. If he was available I would say that Bridgewater may have been a good fit. I can imagine Gruden thinking a lot of Taysom Hill too.

I agree with most of this and from a football prospective of this season Dalton would have been the best fit (I am not including Cam or TB because they are both starters and clearly wanted to be so wherever they signed).  I'm pretty sure i have made my point clear on how I feel about Ol' crab legs lol 

Dalton is 32 and has no upside left but would be our best chance to win games this season if Carr is to go down.  MM at 26 still has upside if his issues can be corrected, I am not sure they can, as he has a noodle arm and a strong arm can't be coached, just like trying to get someone to run a 4.2 who isn't physically capable. 

If Gruden can somehow "fix" MM's issues we could parlay that into a high end draft pick.  Just food for thought but I think MM will need to showcase his skills in the preseason which we unfortunately don't have this year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly thought Winston could thrive behind carr and learn how to be more selective with his throws. 

I understand the optimism with Winston and he has natural talent no doubt but I just dont think he's mentally capable of being that guy. I guess any number of coaches would think they can 'fix' him, its kind of a coaches vice I guess in that they're always looking for that redemption project 😀😀 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with most of this and from a football prospective of this season Dalton would have been the best fit (I am not including Cam or TB because they are both starters and clearly wanted to be so wherever they signed).  I'm pretty sure i have made my point clear on how I feel about Ol' crab legs lol 

Dalton is 32 and has no upside left but would be our best chance to win games this season if Carr is to go down.  MM at 26 still has upside if his issues can be corrected, I am not sure they can, as he has a noodle arm and a strong arm can't be coached, just like trying to get someone to run a 4.2 who isn't physically capable. 

If Gruden can somehow "fix" MM's issues we could parlay that into a high end draft pick.  Just food for thought but I think MM will need to showcase his skills in the preseason which we unfortunately don't have this year.  

Curious how far do you think carr can throw?

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I understand the optimism with Winston and he has natural talent no doubt but I just dont think he's mentally capable of being that guy. I guess any number of coaches would think they can 'fix' him, its kind of a coaches vice I guess in that they're always looking for that redemption project 😀😀 

Meh he’s young and in the perfect situation in NO We’ll see

Curious how far do you think carr can throw?

The throw to TY Hilton was 60 yards on a dime and it was a beauty.  My guess is 70ish accurately.  Oh what a talented WR will do :)

Do you think Carr lacks arm strength? LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Meh he’s young and in the perfect situation in NO We’ll see

The fact that you like Winston tells me a lot about your ability to evaluate QB's.  Winston is about as dull as they come, he clearly lacks the mental processing ability to ever be an above average QB.  Weren't you the guy calling for us to get rid of Carr for ol' Crab legs SMH

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The fact that you like Winston tells me a lot about your ability to evaluate QB's.  Winston is about as dull as they come, he clearly lacks the mental processing ability to ever be an above average QB.  Weren't you the guy calling for us to get rid of Carr for ol' Crab legs SMH

Nope I wanted to draft a qb but the packers got him

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The throw to TY Hilton was 60 yards on a dime and it was a beauty.  My guess is 70ish accurately.  Oh what a talented WR will do :)

Do you think Carr lacks arm strength? LOL

That video is from 3 years ago

and yes I question carrs arm strength especially with deep passes.

but we will see cause ruggs can fly

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

That video is from 3 years ago

and yes I question carrs arm strength especially with deep passes.

but we will see cause ruggs can fly

So what?  Are you implying that at 29 years old Carr's arm strength has severely diminished???? LOL. 

You are basing this off of what exactly?  Let me guess, no facts just your opinion SMH

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what?  Are you implying that at 29 years old Carr's arm strength has severely diminished???? LOL. 

You are basing this off of what exactly?  Let me guess, no facts just your opinion SMH

When you’re a starting qb and have to bring up throws from 3 years to show his arm strength is that’s kinda suspect. Show me something recent?

anyways you say 70 accurately  I say 40 yards accurately 50 pure chuck

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

50 yard

Do you even understand football?  What is the point you're trying to make from that video?  That Carr put a lot of air under a hail mary? You do understand the point of a hail mary correct?  Put air under it and throw it up for grabs....  He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

I like how your opinion is that Carr cant make the throw anymore that he made to Hilton.  No facts, just your worthless opinion that is based on nothing LOL 

29 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you even understand football?  What is the point you're trying to make from that video?  That Carr put a lot of air under a hail mary? You do understand the point of a hail mary correct?  Put air under it and throw it up for grabs....  He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

I like how your opinion is that Carr cant make the throw anymore that he made to Hilton.  No facts, just your worthless opinion that is based on nothing LOL 

Well you find a better example then that’s recent.... I’ll wait

my opinion is worthless lol ouch lol

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well you find a better example then that’s recent.... I’ll wait

How about you show me a throw over 50 yards where Carr clearly lacks the arm strength to accurately make it, that is what you're implying correct?  I showed you a video that he can throw a 60 yard dime....  I'll wait for something other than our opinion. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz