The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Cody just slurp slurp slurp Carr every chance he gets which is every time. FOH with that BS. 

Commitment to being mediocre 

Every Carr supporter will always point towards the stats instead of pointing to the plays he made instead of pointing to the throws he made.

Grudens offense is built around a QB having those stats. It’s what he should be doing. 

Edited by agarcia34

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Cody just slurp slurp slurp Carr every chance he gets which is every time. FOH with that BS. 

Commitment to being mediocre 

Every Carr supporter will always point towards the stars instead of pointing to the plays he made instead of pointing to the throws he made.

Grudens offense is built around a QB having those stats. It’s what he should be doing. 

Yeah RaiderCody is a horrible way to get information about Carr... dude is the biggest Carr fan in the world. 

And all Cody cares about is numbers, numbers, numbers. Dude never breaks down Carr film, never breaks down bad decisions, never breaks down throws, never breaks down why Carrs completion % is high which is because he throws short of 1st down on 3rd down consistently. Cody just posts PFF and Regular Stat numbers like stats are the only thing that matters. That guy couldn’t slurp Carr harder if he tried. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah RaiderCody is a horrible way to get information about Carr... dude is the biggest Carr fan in the world. 

And all Cody cares about is numbers, numbers, numbers. Dude never breaks down Carr film, never breaks down bad decisions, never breaks down throws, never breaks down why Carrs completion % is high which is because he throws short of 1st down on 3rd down consistently. Cody just posts PFF and Regular Stat numbers like stats are the only thing that matters. That guy couldn’t slurp Carr harder if he tried. 

I don’t follow dude but I do follow Eddie B so Cody’s tweets will find its way on my TL. Last week some one posted a video of the Pats double teaming Carrs check down option and Cody got very offended and tweeted how he thinks it’s weird how people break down film after the game and pin point everything or something along those lines. 

Just funny how you can never be critical of a player and only slurp them. I can see b!tch tendencies a mile away and he is one of them. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t follow dude but I do follow Eddie B so Cody’s tweets will find its way on my TL. Last week some one posted a video of the Pats double teaming Carrs check down option and Cody got very offended and tweeted how he thinks it’s weird how people break down film after the game and pin point everything or something along those lines. 

Just funny how you can never be critical of a player and only slurp them. I can see b!tch tendencies a mile away and he is one of them. 

I hate when someone non stop praises someone or non stop hates someone. I try to be right in the middle and give praise when warranted and give criticism when warranted. Cody is the ultimate Carr fan and has never once criticized him, even in 2017/2018. He is basically the Frankie of Twitter. Even worse, actually. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I too am not a Cody fan by any means, quite the opposite. But I am not biased towards the info I see so I continue to post everything and anything Raider related.

You’re good bro. Garcia and I were never faulting you for posting that in any way, just commenting on Cody. 

• Like 1

Basically carr is a c+ (78%) Qb with a (78%) offensive unit and to win he needs a b+ (87%) defense combined = 82% Grade production

right now we have a D+ defense (68%) with carr/offense  (78%) = 73% Production Aka middle of the pack aka 500.

we need at least a- (93%) qb/offense combined with our d+ (68%) defense = to get b- production 

If Trey Lance falls to us in the 1st round I think we have to pull the trigger. Give him a RS year in 2021 behind Carr and then let him compete for the starting job in 2022. He's raw but he has a similar physical profile and arm talent to Josh Allen with Cam Newton's athleticism and mobility. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Trey Lance falls to us in the 1st round I think we have to pull the trigger. Give him a RS year in 2021 behind Carr and then let him compete for the starting job in 2022. He's raw but he has a similar physical profile and arm talent to Josh Allen with Cam Newton's athleticism and mobility. 

You already know I love Lance. And the thing is he’s a potential Top 5 pick if he had a full college season this year. At least Top 10-12. 

However, without a season for Lance this year, and an average one game, he may fall to the 15-22 range of the draft, so someone gets a massive discount on him. That team could be the Raiders. Odds are, we will be picking somewhere from 13-21. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You already know I love Lance. And the thing is he’s a potential Top 5 pick if he had a full college season this year. At least Top 10-12. 

However, without a season for Lance this year, and an average one game, he may fall to the 15-22 range of the draft, so someone gets a massive discount on him. That team could he the Raiders. Odds are, we will be picking somewhere from 13-21. 

I think we'd be the perfect situation for him. Good OL, nice group of young weapons, and he wouldn't have to play as a rookie. Let him sit behind Carr as a rookie like the 49ers did with Kaepernick behind Smith and the Chiefs did with Mahomes behind Smith. Then hand him the keys in 2022. 

The physical tools are obviously there but he's not ready to play yet. Ball placement is inconsistent, accuracy needs work, and he needs to show he can read a defense. I wasn't that impressed by his play on the field Saturday but there's no denying he has the tools to be special. 

Edited by NYRaider

truthfully, with how useless our D is we need near perfect QB play to win games against playoff football teams. 
We kind of hung around against NE/ Buff, but the games just felt out of reach because we were behind and it would require us stopping their O.

I believe Gruden is happy with Carrs play this season. But we need a new game plan.
We are not good enough to play Grudens ball control style of offence. We get too many penalties, and are too happy to settle for FGs if things go off script.

Carrs throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down is extremely frustrating.
If we get 1 penalty on O, it just feels like the drive is over. 

Gruden needs to open up the playbook. I know its tough with Ruggs / Edwards down. But our deepshot plays worked yesterday when they were called. 
We need to attack teams. It is clear they are worried about Jacobs/ run game. So attack their secondary. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'd be the perfect situation for him. Good OL, nice group of young weapons, and he wouldn't have to play as a rookie. Let him sit behind Carr as a rookie like the 49ers did with Kaepernick behind Smith and the Chiefs did with Mahomes behind Smith. Then hand him the keys in 2022. 

The physical tools are obviously there but he's not ready to play yet. Ball placement is inconsistent, accuracy needs work, and he needs to show he can read a defense. I wasn't that impressed by his play on the field Saturday but there's no denying he has the tools to be special. 

Yes we would certainly keep Carr one more year for 2021 if we drafted Lance. Lance needs a year on the bench. Only way we wouldn’t keep Carr is if Carr demanded a trade, and I don’t think he would do that. Carr seems like a reasonable guy. 

No reason to throw away the season by getting rid of Carr. Unless some team offered us a 1st. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes we would certainly keep Carr one more year for 2021 if we drafted Lance. Lance needs a year on the bench. Only way we wouldn’t keep Carr is if Carr demanded a trade, and I don’t think he would do that. Carr seems like a reasonable guy. 

No reason to throw away the season by getting rid of Carr. Unless some team offered us a 1st. 

Plus Carr has no dead money in 2022 so we could easily move on if that's what we want to do. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

truthfully, with how useless our D is we need near perfect QB play to win games against playoff football teams. 
We kind of hung around against NE/ Buff, but the games just felt out of reach because we were behind and it would require us stopping their O.

I believe Gruden is happy with Carrs play this season. But we need a new game plan.
We are not good enough to play Grudens ball control style of offence. We get too many penalties, and are too happy to settle for FGs if things go off script.

Carrs throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down is extremely frustrating.
If we get 1 penalty on O, it just feels like the drive is over. 

Gruden needs to open up the playbook. I know its tough with Ruggs / Edwards down. But our deepshot plays worked yesterday when they were called. 
We need to attack teams. It is clear they are worried about Jacobs/ run game. So attack their secondary. 

Yup carr needs a awesome defense to be a truly successful Multi year playoff guy. 

I watched wentz gut his eagles past sf Last night with wrs I never heard of. Watched guys like arod, Brees & Brady win with wr guys I’ve never heard of. 

carr needs to just sling that shish. go out swinging. the deep throws are 95% of the time open and teams dare carr to chuck it and are willing to live or die by it. 9/10 carr won’t chuck it. I know that y’all know that and the whole nfl knows. 

• Like 2