The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

This is crazy talk.  No way I'm trading for Haskins unless we give them a subway sandwich.  Just relegated to #3 on the depth chart at QB behind Alex Smith.  Just no way.  I wouldn't want him or Josh Rosen. I don't want Mariota at this point either.  We need new blood IMO.

I would actually trade for Smith before I would trade for Haskins. 

It's too bad he got hurt and likely never rebounds, given his age. I think Alex Smith 5-6 years ago in Gruden's offense would've been a nice combo. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's too bad he got hurt and likely never rebounds, given his age. I think Alex Smith 5-6 years ago in Gruden's offense would've been a nice combo. 

Trading for Smith over Haskins is completely ignoring the one reason to trade for Haskins which is a cheap contract.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:13 PM, NYRaider said:

And neither of those things have anything to do with this season. Obviously he's a much better player then Carr. But there numbers this year are very comparable in terms of their average depth of target, average yards per attempt, number of throws between 10-20 yards, and number of throws 20+ yards down field. 

They have one common opponent this season, the New England Patriots. 

Carr vs New England: 24/32 (75%), 261 yards, 2 TD, 8.1 Y/A, 119.4 passer rating | 6/8 on passes between 10-20 yards, 1/3 on passes 20+ yards

Mahomes vs New England: 19/29 (65%), 236 yards, 2 TD, 8.1 Y/A, 113.6 passer rating | 4/8 on passes between 10-20 yards, 0/3 on passes 20+ yards

Break down of their completions

At or behind LOS: Mahomes - 6 | Carr - 5

Between 1-5 yards: Mahomes - 7 | Carr - 8

Between 5-10 yards: Mahomes - 2 | Carr - 4 

Between 10-20 yards: Mahomes - 4 | Carr - 6

20+ yards: Mahomes - 0 | Carr - 1 '

The only difference is that Mahomes had Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, and Sammy Watkins to throw too, at home, with a long week playing on MNF.

While Carr was throwing to Zay Jones, Hunter Renfrow, and Nelson Agholor, after traveling cross country to play an early game on the road. 

Interesting I saw the us, kc and buff have had the same amount of offensive possessions 38 

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes but we can also look at the last game where the refs missed a fumble by Carr. 

Ah ok so the Jacobs fumble doesn’t count as a turnover as the refs missed that he recovered. Good to know. 

Edited by Dessie

On 10/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, Trojan said:

Trading for Smith over Haskins is completely ignoring the one reason to trade for Haskins which is a cheap contract.

I think you might have missed my point. Let me clarify: I'd rather not have Haskins at all, regardless of his contract, because I think he sucks and would do little to nothing to improve our team and depth chart. 

I'd rather have a more expensive backup or find a rookie or another low-on-the-totem-pole QB for cheap. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Alex Smith? He will be retiring at seasons end. His leg is made of rubber and sticks at this moment. No way can anyone take the risk of adding him. Haskins is still young and apart of a dysfunctional organization. If we brought in disaster like Nathan Peterman, Haskins isn't a far stretch to develop further

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-5-aaron-rodgers-hits-no-1-josh-allen-cracks-top-three

Derek Carr at 11.  I think he should be higher than some of the guys above him.

You do realize this list is utterly laughable right? Philip Rivers is no where close to the 8th best QB in the league. Carr is not the 11th best QB in the league. Justin Herbert is not the 13th best QB in the league after 3 games lmfao, what a horrible take. Deshaun Watson 23rd? Deshaun is a Top 5 QB in this league, at least 6th.

These are basically Power Rankings, not actual rankings of who the best QBs are. And bad Power Rankings at that....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize this list is utterly laughable right? Philip Rivers is no where close to the 8th best QB in the league. Carr is not the 11th best QB in the league. Justin Herbert is not the 13th best QB in the league after 3 games lmfao, what a horrible take. Deshaun Watson 23rd? Deshaun is a Top 5 QB in this league, at least 6th.

These are basically Power Rankings, not actual rankings of who the best QBs are. And bad Power Rankings at that....

This just shows how winning plays a bigger part in rankings than actual stats. Watson can't win and all of a sudden he's trash. I never said I agreed with the list. Just put it out for conversation. Lol.

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-5-aaron-rodgers-hits-no-1-josh-allen-cracks-top-three

Derek Carr at 11.  I think he should be higher than some of the guys above him.

What the heck?!?!? Rivers and Murray over Watson.......and other bizarre rankings. I get that it's based on week 4 but that is a terrible way to rank QBs on a week to week basis, have to look at overall body of work. I agree with a lot if his text but its too much of a 'hot take' type article for me to take seriously. 

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What the heck?!?!? Rivers and Murray over Watson.......and other bizarre rankings. I get that it's based on week 4 but that is a terrible way to rank QBs on a week to week basis, have to look at overall body of work. I agree with a lot if his text but its too much of a 'hot take' type article for me to take seriously. 

You know Murray is not doing well this year.

35 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just that he's overrated.

Oh, absolutely. I think he fits the zeitgeist of what the NFL are looking for though......... Its like he's a player who the kids would want in Madden so they choose to push him and ram him down our throats in order to sell merchandise. He's ok but not a great passer or reader of defences but the NFL wants flashy rather than technicsally good players these days.

• Like 1