The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Derek Carr's on pace for: 

410/560 (73%), 4,615 yards (8.2 Y/A), 35 TD, 3 INT

Stop it @NYRaider!!! The DC haters don't want to see this.  These "box stat projections" don't tell the real story according to them. Just because he beat KC doesn't mean we should keep him as our starter. According to some fans, Mariota can run which makes him the better QB for our offensive scheme. Lol...

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Stop it @NYRaider!!! The DC haters don't want to see this.  These "box stat projections" don't tell the real story according to them. Just because he beat KC doesn't mean we should keep him as our starter. According to some fans, Mariota can run which makes him the better QB for our offensive scheme. Lol...

The last three weeks he's 22/36 (61%) on throws 10+ yards down field and 7/13 (53%) on throws 20+ yards down the field with 2 TD. And would've been 8/14 with 3 TD if not for that horrible penalty that negated that 50 yard TD pass to Agholor last week. 

On 10/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, BayRaider said:

You do realize this list is utterly laughable right? Philip Rivers is no where close to the 8th best QB in the league. Carr is not the 11th best QB in the league. Justin Herbert is not the 13th best QB in the league after 3 games lmfao, what a horrible take. Deshaun Watson 23rd? Deshaun is a Top 5 QB in this league, at least 6th.

These are basically Power Rankings, not actual rankings of who the best QBs are. And bad Power Rankings at that....

Bro, but Trevor Lawrence is the best QB in the league already, according to some folks....

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bro, but Trevor Lawrence is the best QB in the league already, according to some folks....

You’re exaggerating. No one is gonna put Lawrence as a Top 10 QB his first season. Just like the hype Herbert is getting is solely the media. Nobody thinks he’s a Top 15 QB right now after like 4 games. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Derek Carr's on pace for: 

410/560 (73%), 4,615 yards (8.2 Y/A), 35 TD, 3 INT

If we were 5-0 right now (so possible it's sad), Carr would probably be getting some low key MVP talk at the pace he's been going, with the O-line and run game problems and injuries. 

He's definitely exceeding my expectations, and I was ready to start being slightly critical of him this year if he hadn't gone off.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we were 5-0 right now (so possible it's sad), Carr would probably be getting some low key MVP talk at the pace he's been going, with the O-line and run game problems and injuries. 

He's definitely exceeding my expectations, and I was ready to start being slightly critical of him this year if he hadn't gone off.

With that performance, DC has to be moving up the ranks in MVP talks. He outplayed the best QB in this league...

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

You’re exaggerating. No one is gonna put Lawrence as a Top 10 QB his first season. Just like the hype Herbert is getting is solely the media. Nobody thinks he’s a Top 15 QB right now after like 4 games. 

You and I see it as an exaggeration.  

There's plenty of people out there who worship the Sunshine God to absurd levels though. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a couple of decent years and the hype train go off the rails a'la Griffin, Prescott, Mayfield, Wentz....you name the flavor of the week QB. 

I've always said I'd rather have Carr's steady hand as a proven NFL QB than sink capital into a hope and prayer prospect. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is without a doubt the best we've seen Carr play in his career despite musical chairs up front, our running game not being as effective, and us playing without our top 3 WR for most of the season so far. 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

With that performance, DC has to be moving up the ranks in MVP talks. He outplayed the best QB in this league...

In 23 home games at Arrowhead only Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers have thrown for more yards and TD in a game there than Mahomes.