The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Screenshot-20201012-155229-Chrome.jpg

Uploaded this online to continue our discussion of where DC should rank amongst QBs. We have completion percentage, TDs, and INTs showing. We all have access to these online stats and W-L records and what have you. After beating KC I want to argue that this season DC is playing as a top 8 QB. What say you oh great and mighty forum posters?!?!?!?

I'll do my ranking right now.

1 Wilson

2 Rodgers

3 Mahomes

4 Allen

5 Ben R.

6 L Jackson

7 DC

8 Tom Brady. For all you Brady lovers out there. You wierdos.

Edited by Jerry

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm so impressed by the offense against some of the tougher teams that we'll play while banged up. If the least we put up is 20/23 without ruggs, edwards, and half the OL, imagine with these guys back.

We only scored 30+ 4 times in Gruden's first two years and have already done it 3 times in 5 weeks this season. And the most we scored in a game last year was 31 and we've already surpassed that 3 times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'd probably go: 

1. Wilson

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Mahomes 

5. Jackson

6. Roethlisberger 

7.Prescott

8. Carr

9. Murray

10. Brady 

I kind of took Prescott out after yesterday. Hope he heals and comes back soon. Don't wish that on anyone.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Uploaded this online to continue our discussion of where DC should rank amongst QBs. We have completion percentage, TDs, and INTs showing. We all have access to these online stats and W-L records and what have you. After beating KC I want to argue that this season DC is playing as a top 8 QB. What say you oh great and mighty forum posters?!?!?!?

1a Wilson ( He is 1a because he has never received the credit he deserves)

1b Rodgers

1c Allen 

All 3 are right there together.  If you are looking at stats remember Rodgers and Allen have only played 4 games.  Also they are 1 and 2 in QBR.

4 Mahomes (He might be dropping if Reid and him can not adjust)

5 Carr (Going by stats this is were he is but this year he is 2 different QBs)

6 ?

7 ?

8 ?

9 ?

10 Fitzmagic (He has to be almost perfect for the team to win.  He is carrying his team and is 4th in the league in QBR.  Also in Carrs boat of being 2 different QBs)

It is hard to measure who are the top QBs 6-9 because it all depends on how you want to measure them.  You could even make an argument for Hebert since he is top ten in rating and 3rd in yards per game.

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Carr is doin fine. Definitely playin top 10. I think it only gets better this season. Oh yeah,  that Herbert kid.... He's OK too... Lmao!  (to be clear,  I'm not thrilled cuz he's a bolt.lol)

Herbert has definitely been really impressive. There was a lot of chatter that some in Miami's front office actually preferred him to Tu'a, have to wonder if they're regretting their decision. 

Carr's could realistically break our single season records for passing yards (4,689) and TD's (34) this season. He's currently on pace for 4,615 yards and 35 TD. 

It's insane that we've only had 4 years where our QB passed for 4,000+ yards, Gannon did it once, Palmer did it once, and Carr has done it twice. 

And we've only had 3 seasons where our QB passed for 30+ TD, Carr did it once and Lamonica did it twice.