The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Smartest thing he's ever said

That's all I ever see from him unless it's quoted. 🤓  Sorry HB I don't have a problem with you as a person just sometimes the bickering with others gets broken record feeling and right now I'm just not wanting that. I'll unblock everyone for playoffs because we should all be happy. LOL 😁 

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hate the Aaron Rodgers comparisons on Twitter right now.  I know Rodgers is damn good, but to immediately assume his stats would remain the same on our team is just ridiculous.  We don't know how well he'll produce in Gruden's system.  Thing is, he could come here and our defense can take a step towards being middle of the pack and he'd produce at a slightly higher level than DC and everyone would go freaking bananas and just assume Carr couldn't have done the same.  Rodgers has been on the same team for years with a level of continuity Raider fans can only dream of.  Had like 2 HCs over his 15ish year career.  I hope we do the right thing and just keep DC and our picks.  I hope we draft a QB to back him up like Green Bay did so we can groom our future QB when DC hits about 34-35.  We need to build the crap out of the defense, develop our OL, and find a real true WR1.  We just need to stay the course and try to maintain continuity for once.  I hope Mayock, Gruden, and Bradley stick around for the next 10 years.  Especially if playoffs become the norm.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I hate the Aaron Rodgers comparisons on Twitter right now.  I know Rodgers is damn good, but to immediately assume his stats would remain the same on our team is just ridiculous.  We don't know how well he'll produce in Gruden's system.  Thing is, he could come here and our defense can take a step towards being middle of the pack and he'd produce at a slightly higher level than DC and everyone would go freaking bananas and just assume Carr couldn't have done the same.  Rodgers has been on the same team for years with a level of continuity Raider fans can only dream of.  Had like 2 HCs over his 15ish year career.  I hope we do the right thing and just keep DC and our picks.  I hope we draft a QB to back him up like Green Bay did so we can groom our future QB when DC hits about 34-35.  We need to build the crap out of the defense, develop our OL, and find a real true WR1.  We just need to stay the course and try to maintain continuity for once.  I hope Mayock, Gruden, and Bradley stick around for the next 10 years.  Especially if playoffs become the norm.

Meh but we suck at drafting in the first round... 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Even you must know Carr at his best would never equal Rodgers at his best. Rodgers would be an instant upgrade. The only reason he listed the Raiders is because the WCO scheme Gruden runs is similar to the offense he’s been in his entire life. QB’s like Brady, Manning, Rodgers are not trying to learn a brand spanking new offense in their Late 30’s. Brady, for example, ran more of his offense than Arians offense, although it was a bit of a hybrid. 

Plus 1st Round picks don’t matter with this team. They waste them 95% of the time. Might as well use them on something. 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh but we suck at drafting in the first round... 🤷🏾‍♂️

100%. 

Edited by BayRaider

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even you must know Carr at his best would never equal Rodgers at his best. Rodgers would be an instant upgrade. The only reason he listed the Raiders is because the WCO scheme Gruden runs is similar to the offense he’s been in his entire life. QB’s like Brady, Manning, Rodgers are not trying to learn a brand spanking new offense in their Late 30’s. Brady, for example, ran more of his offense than Arians offense, although it was a bit of a hybrid. 

Plus 1st Round picks don’t matter with this team. They waste them 95% of the time. Might as well use them on something. 

100%. 

I know.  Just tired of the constant speculation and links to QBs and nothing ever coming from any of it.  I know our offense would be better.  I know Rodgers is better.  Still annoying because it's just another what-if scenario until something actually happens.  It would be nice if we could wait for the trade before developing a thread like the Aaron Rodgers watch thread with 7 pages and literally nothing has happened on our end to really warrant the amount of conversation we are having on the subject.  We would probably make the playoffs this year for sure and probably for the next 3-5 years.  

Just crazy to think if we converted like 8 of those close FGs we had last season into TDs, DC would've had like 35 TD passes last season.  That's definitely an area we need to improve.

Yeah we suck with 1st round picks.

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Julio will be a Raider if the Broncos pull it off watch lol 

And watch it be a 1st Rounder… SMH… Julio is what, 33? Has maybe one elite year left and two very solid years. 

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Julio will be a Raider if the Broncos pull it off watch lol 

I don't think Rodgers is traded. 2 months ago, it was Wilson. Where did that go? Feels like they're just building stories to fill air time.

• Like 2