The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Inside the 10 yard line...

Aaron Rodgers: 39/48 (81%), 29 TD, 0 INT

Derek Carr: 24/49 (48%), 12 TD, 0 INT

Raider Fans tend to only show the 12 TD 0 INT part lol. Which is actually not impressive. Like 75% of the QBs in the NFL have something similar to 12 TDs 0 INTs. It’s a standard statline in the redzone. However, his completion percentage is indeed horrible.

I said his 12 TDs 0 INTs was standard across the league and not impressive and was called a hater during the season. Some fans are not aware that is the standard TD/INT ratio. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Raider Fans tend to only show the 12 TD 0 INT part lol. Which is actually not impressive. Like 75% of the QBs in the NFL have something similar to 12 TDs 0 INTs. It’s a standard statline in the redzone. However, his completion percentage is indeed horrible.

I said his 12 TDs 0 INTs was standard across the league and not impressive and was called a hater during the season. Some fans are not aware that is the standard TD/INT ratio. 

That's below standard he's among the worst in scoring in the redzone

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr's 12 TD's in the redzone was the lowest of any QB that played all 16 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's 12 TD's in the *inside the 10 was the lowest of any QB that played all 16 games.

Carr had 2nd most attempts (49) of any qb inside the 10. Brady the leader had 51 attempts with 31 completions and 24 tds. 🤦🏽‍♂️

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr had 2nd most attempts (49) of any qb inside the 10. Brady the leader had 51 attempts with 31 completions and 24 tds. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Guenther's fault for not getting him ready at practice. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The difference from Brady and Carr would of been night and day. 

“But Brady had tEHhHh weapons!!”

Brady has been destroying the redzone his entire career, sometimes with much worse WR cores than Carr. Also, Waller is probably a Top 5 Redzone threat in the NFL along with Kelce, Kittle, Adams, Thielan, and a few others. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guenther's fault for not getting him ready at practice. 

Lmao. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The difference from Brady and Carr would of been night and day. 

“But Brady had tEHhHh weapons!!”

Brady has been destroying the redzone his entire career, sometimes with much worse WR cores than Carr. Also, Waller is probably a Top 5 Redzone threat in the NFL along with Kelce, Kittle, Adams, Thielan, and a few others. 

Lmao. 

I hope we have some redzone packages for mariota it will open the redzone offense up sooo much esp with josh, drake and Waller 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's a definite weakness in Carr's game no doubt about it. He's very efficient in most if the field but us conservative and gun shy in the red zone. I don't think that's arguable but I also think Gruden preaches aversion to turnovers so that is probably the expected mindset.

I like Carr and think he's a good QB but I'd like to see him create more here for sure (and Gruden be more creative). If he was able to do that we might have the missing piece on offence.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It's a definite weakness in Carr's game no doubt about it. He's very efficient in most if the field but us conservative and gun shy in the red zone. I don't think that's arguable but I also think Gruden preaches aversion to turnovers so that is probably the expected mindset.

I like Carr and think he's a good QB but I'd like to see him create more here for sure (and Gruden be more creative). If he was able to do that we might have the missing piece on offence.  

I know it’s easy to blame gruden but would you believe under gruden carr is having the best redzone completion %’s of his career (sad but true) with 2018 being his highest to date then 2019. 

Carr’s been garbage in the redzone since day 1 even that magical 2016 year. Carr is predictable we all know he loves to roll to his right in the redzone we all know he’s fumble prone around the goal line. 

as a coach sometimes especially with qbs I’ve asked them what formations, routes, roll outs etc their comfortable with and try to tailor the game plan around them. Gruden has gotten the best out of carr and deserves his props. I think 2020 was Carr’s ceiling.