The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Stidham is not the answer. This is just literally how bad Carr was. I have no doubts Niners blow us out with Carr as QB. He sucks against aggressive defenses and panics, and sucks in the redzone. 

Our entire team probably scores 10 points all day with Carr as QB. 

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Stidham is not the answer. This is just literally how bad Carr was. I have no doubts Niners blow us out with Carr as QB. He sucks against aggressive defenses and panics, and sucks in the redzone. 

Our entire team probably scores 10 points all day with Carr as QB. 

Can we just enjoy the 1 game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Stidham will be thrown out once teams get film on him. He was fantastic today against a juggernaut defense but I expect this to be the exception to the rule 

Agreed. We’ve seen this before where backup/fringe starter level QB’s flash for several games before flaming out once teams get some film on them. He’s definitely worth keeping around as a possible mentor/bridge QB but we can’t bank on him to be our QBOTF. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Agreed. We’ve seen this before where backup/fringe starter level QB’s flash for several games before flaming out once teams get some film on them. He’s definitely worth keeping around as a possible mentor/bridge QB but we can’t bank on him to be our QBOTF. 

100%. Stidham starting the first half of 2023 is fine, if we spend a 1st Round pick on a QB. But he is not the long term answer. He will revert back to the mean and show why he has always been a backup. Although I do think he’s a much better option than Carr at this point. 

I don’t think Stidham is anything special but i enjoyed watching him today. Kids a gamer. 

I don’t need my QB to Justin Fields or LJack in terms of running ability, but just watching a QB who wasn’t afraid to scramble here and there and had the ability to extend a play and not panic his way into a sack or a throwaway right away was refreshing. Kept the offense ahead of the sticks.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I don’t think Stidham is anything special but i enjoyed watching him today. Kids a gamer. 

I don’t need my QB to Justin Fields or LJack in terms of running ability, but just watching a QB who wasn’t afraid to scramble here and there and had the ability to extend a play and not panic his way into a sack or a throwaway right away was refreshing. Kept the offense ahead of the sticks.

100% on everything here.