The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I go back and forth because I see both sides. We finished 8-8 and easily could've been 11-5 if you changed the outcome on 3 plays. But we also just as easily could've been 6-10 if the Jets/Broncos didn't melt down and basically hand us those games. 

Den games also exposed us as pretenders

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I say the atl game killed our confidence season was over after that

If we beat the Chiefs in that second matchup on SNF we would've been 7-3 with two wins over the Chiefs and a 1 game lead over them in the AFC West. I think a big part of why we came out so flat and got destroyed by Atlanta was because we were still riding the emotional roller coaster of blowing that Chiefs game. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we beat the Chiefs in that second matchup on SNF we would've been 7-3 with two wins over the Chiefs and a 1 game lead over them in the AFC West. I think a big part of why we came out so flat and got destroyed by Atlanta was because we were still riding the emotional roller coaster of blowing that Chiefs game. 

But the defense was ready vs atl. Carr is a super vet should never have melted like that. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

But the defense was ready vs atl. Carr is a super vet should never have melted like that. 

The defense gave up 43 points, lol. You could just see the team had given up after they lost that KC game, imo. Because that game was followed by a 43-6 loss to ATL, a 3 point win over the Jets on a hail mary, a 17 point loss to the Colts, a 3 point loss to the Chargers, and a 1 point loss to the Dolphins. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The defense gave up 43 points, lol. You could just see the team had given up after they lost that KC game, imo. Because that game was followed by a 43-6 loss to ATL, a 3 point win over the Jets on a hail mary, a 17 point loss to the Colts, a 3 point loss to the Chargers, and a 1 point loss to the Dolphins. 

Keep it real the defense didn’t give up 43 vs atl lol

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Keep it real the defense didn’t give up 43 vs atl lol

It was definitely on the offense but I think a big factor in why we lost was because of the emotional hang over of losing to the Chiefs on SNF in a critical game. Against the Falcons we only scored 6 points, had 40 rushing yards, 5 turnovers, Carr was sacked 5 times, and we had 11 penalties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Is it Carrs fault, Jacobs couldnt get 1 yard on 4th and inches.
Is it Carrs Fault, Jacobs picked up a 15 yard penalty lowering his head after picking up a 2nd and 5, makeing it 2nd and 16?
Is it Carrs fault that after getting to the 3 yard line on a ruggs bomb, we had back to  back penalties making it 2nd and goal from the 23?
-
This was 6-3 ATL ant that point. 
Carr had a terrible Fumble, but those were the other 3 drives up to that point. 

-
The entire O was flat that week. 
Ill continue to say it, until people acknowledge it. Our gameplan was terrible that game. 
Our players took brutal penalties. 
Carrs fumbles Were Terrible. 

Our run game was non existence, In our first 6 attempts, 4 went for 0 yards, 1 went for 2.
DO people understand how embarrassingly bad that is???

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Is it Carrs fault, Jacobs couldnt get 1 yard on 4th and inches.
Is it Carrs Fault, Jacobs picked up a 15 yard penalty lowering his head after picking up a 2nd and 5, makeing it 2nd and 16?
Is it Carrs fault that after getting to the 3 yard line on a ruggs bomb, we had back to  back penalties making it 2nd and goal from the 23?
-
This was 6-3 ATL ant that point. 
Carr had a terrible Fumble, but those were the other 3 drives up to that point. 

-
The entire O was flat that week. 
Ill continue to say it, until people acknowledge it. Our gameplan was terrible that game. 
Our players took brutal penalties. 
Carrs fumbles Were Terrible. 

Our run game was non existence, In our first 6 attempts, 4 went for 0 yards, 1 went for 2.
DO people understand how embarrassingly bad that is???

Oh I’m not a josh homer so I won’t argue that josh wasn’t getting it done. But he’s young and carr is the vet/franchise guy. Carr should have the biggest sense of urgency on the offense maybe even the whole team. Leaders have to keep the team together not through gas on the dumpster fire. 

• Like 2

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh I’m not a josh homer so I won’t argue that josh wasn’t getting it done. But he’s young and carr is the vet/franchise guy. Carr should have the biggest sense of urgency on the offense maybe even the whole team. Leaders have to keep the team together not through gas on the dumpster fire. 

ye for sure, i can see that point. 
I can see Carr not being an overly aggressive leader, who lets say practice attitude slip up.
I really thought Gruden would fix that, but, it doesnt appear so.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ye for sure, i can see that point. 
I can see Carr not being an overly aggressive leader, who lets say practice attitude slip up.
I really thought Gruden would fix that, but, it doesnt appear so.  

Then you let arguably our biggest dog alpha type that’s this team desperately needs (nelly) go in free agency. They say they need accountability then nelly nuts up and they like naw champ we don’t do accountability over here deuces. 

im done with gruden and mike esp if we suck this year they need to go. This rebuild will take all of grudens 10 years to complete 

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Then you let arguably our biggest dog alpha type that’s this team desperately needs (nelly) go in free agency. They say they need accountability then nelly nuts up and they like naw champ we don’t do accountability over here deuces. 

im done with gruden and mike esp if we suck this year they need to go. This rebuild will take all of grudens 10 years to complete 

Yeah i said I loved Nelly after it came out he blew up on the team. 
Everything doesnt have to fall on Carr, some people are better at telling it how it is/ saying what needs to be said. 
Hopefully Ritchie brings some of that. 
-
I wanted to resign nelly but at 13 mil a year, he was priced out. He took (earned it) Ruggs role, and we cant pay 13 mil this season. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah i said I loved Nelly after it came out he blew up on the team. 
Everything doesnt have to fall on Carr, some people are better at telling it how it is/ saying what needs to be said. 
Hopefully Ritchie brings some of that. 
-
I wanted to resign nelly but at 13 mil a year, he was priced out. He took (earned it) Ruggs role, and we cant pay 13 mil this season. 

Meh the way we waste $ I’d rather kept nelly and not pick up drake. We blow so much $ on failed experiments and you actually have a guy on a prove it deal who actually proved it and we like naw we need that $ for our goat new center. Not to mention carr had a good connection with him which would’ve only improved. But that would be admitting hr3 was a failed pick. Booker was released cause he’d make josh look like a failed pick. Same for mayowa and cle. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh the way we waste $ I’d rather kept nelly and not pick up drake. We blow so much $ on failed experiments and you actually have a guy on a prove it deal who actually proved it and we like naw we need that $ for our goat new center. Not to mention carr had a good connection with him which would’ve only improved. But that would be admitting hr3 was a failed pick. Booker was released cause he’d make josh look like a failed pick. Same for mayowa and cle. 

Hmm a lot in hear I disagree with. 
Drake was 2 years 11 mil - Nelson 2 years 22 mil - - I wouldve loved Nelly with Drake money too, but we cant he was double the price. 
Nelson Vs Yannick is much more reasonable, and our D needed way more help. I am glad they gave the money to Yannick.
Afterall, Gruden loves to call himself an offensive guru, so he should spend money on D.

not sure what center, but adre james, nick martin and Drake, combined are similar to Nelson, again not a 1 to 1 comparision. 
-
If we had chose to bring Nelly back at 2 years 11 mil, in no way does that admit Ruggs was a fail. 
Last time I checked teams run a lot of 3 wrs sets. 
-
If we kept Booker to be our number 2 back, how the heck does that have anything to do with Jacobs? Do you think he wouldve beat jacobs out? Youre joking right?
-
Benson was signed for 3 mil last year, we couldve resigned him, but chose Karl Nassib instead. 

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It was definitely on the offense but I think a big factor in why we lost was because of the emotional hang over of losing to the Chiefs on SNF in a critical game. Against the Falcons we only scored 6 points, had 40 rushing yards, 5 turnovers, Carr was sacked 5 times, and we had 11 penalties. 

I think it is the other way around.  The offense had an emotional hangover and the defense was not strong enough to make up for the the offensive mistakes.  The offense had 13 TOs in that 3 game stretch.  The Falcons game I 100% put on the offense.  The Jets game should not have been that close and the defense did not play well overall.  The Colts game was on both and even without the TOs it is still close.  The Colts and the Chargers were good teams.  I still think we should have won the Chargers game and if MM had more time with the 1's we probably do.  I think if Carr does not get hurt we do also.  Weeks 12-14 was just bad football.