The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok so % wise only Gannon (59%)was more reckless in terms of fumbling. So you’re saying Carr’s (57%) fumbles in the big picture isn’t that bad cause he’s played a lot of games and attempted a lot of passes?

but regardless, no, I have said 1000 times, CARR FUMBLES WAY TO MUCH.
it is a major flaw in his game. 

-
but if I said, AP has the most negativ yards runs in Vikes history, he sucks. . . would you say that is sound logic?
to me it is not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

but regardless, no, I have said 1000 times, CARR FUMBLES WAY TO MUCH.
it is a major flaw in his game. 

-
but if I said, AP has the most negativ yards runs in Vikes history, he sucks. . . would you say that is sound logic?
to me it is not. 

Carr doesn’t suck I think I’ve mentioned it countless times that I see him in the 15ish range of top current qbs. 

• Like 2

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr doesn’t suck I think I’ve mentioned it countless times that I see him in the 15ish range of top current qbs. 

Agreed. Carr is slightly above average, he's around QB 13-15, but in order to really win with him we're going to need a stacked team.

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We agreeing a lot today

I mean I like Carr but I want him to be better. If he can’t be a top 10 guy, then there’s no point in holding on to him forever. We should either trade him or keep him and draft a qb. That being said I think he can be a top 10 guy but he has to do it.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean I like Carr but I want him to be better. If he can’t be a top 10 guy, then there’s no point in holding on to him forever. We should either trade him or keep him and draft a qb. That being said I think he can be a top 10 guy but he has to do it.

Honestly I don’t know if we surrounded him with enough for him to consistently be top 10. Too many ? Marks down the roster for his make or break year. He’s gotta make the people around him better like the goats do. Sadly I think carr is too nonchalant, gruden has lost the teams respect and im getting 2017 vibes. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Honestly I don’t know if we surrounded him with enough for him to consistently be top 10. Too many ? Marks down the roster for his make or break year. He’s gotta make the people around him better like the goats do. Sadly I think carr is too nonchalant, gruden has lost the teams respect and im getting 2017 vibes. 

Let’s see. It’s an interesting year. Could go either way. 

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean when you look at all of the good teams around the league that have had success they haven't been afraid to move on from their quarterback. 

The 49ers had Alex Smith but still drafted Collin Kapernick and made it to the Super Bowl. They moved on from him traded for Jimmy G and made it back to the Super Bowl. And now they still have Jimmy G but just traded up for Trey Lance. 

The Cowboys had Tony Romo but still drafted Dak Prescott.  

The Ravens had Joe Flacco but still drafted Lamar Jackson. 

The Chiefs had Alex Smith but still drafted Patrick Mahomes. 

The Chargers moved on from Phillip Rivers and drafted Justin Herbert.

The Rams had Jared Goff and traded him for Matthew Stafford.

The Titans had Marcus Mariota and still brought in Ryan Tannehill. 

The Cardinals had just drafted Josh Rosen and still took Kyler Murray.

The Bears just moved on from Mitchell Tribusky/signed Andy Dalton and still drafted Justin Fields. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think it's hard for Carr to really rally the team and command respect in the locker room for two reasons. One being that he's not really the type of guy that can relate to most of the other guys in the building for reasons we can't discuss here but the SNF game in Washington shows what I'm saying. And the second being that Carr folds under pressure more often then not. Why are you going to go all in for a QB that's throwing it away on 4th and goal when you watch the Super Bowl and see a guy like Mahomes making 50 yard throws flying sideways, lol.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I mean when you look at all of the good teams around the league that have had success they haven't been afraid to move on from their quarterback. 

The 49ers had Alex Smith but still drafted Collin Kapernick and made it to the Super Bowl. They moved on from him traded for Jimmy G and made it back to the Super Bowl. And now they still have Jimmy G but just traded up for Trey Lance. 

The Cowboys had Tony Romo but still drafted Dak Prescott.  

The Ravens had Joe Flacco but still drafted Lamar Jackson. 

The Chiefs had Alex Smith but still drafted Patrick Mahomes. 

The Chargers moved on from Phillip Rivers and drafted Justin Herbert.

The Rams had Jared Goff and traded him for Matthew Stafford.

The Titans had Marcus Mariota and still brought in Ryan Tannehill. 

The Cardinals had just drafted Josh Rosen and still took Kyler Murray.

The Bears just moved on from Mitchell Tribusky/signed Andy Dalton and still drafted Justin Fields. 

Truth.com

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Truth.com

The Raiders are like a guy that has only dated 5-6's for their entire life and then starts dating a 7 who has her good traits but is toxic. But instead of moving on to potentially find a 9-10 he's scared to lose that 7 because he's not confident he can find her and fears being stuck with 5-6's again.

Edited by NYRaider

The only quarterbacks that have been with their current team longer than Carr has been with the Raiders: 

• Ben Roethlisberger: 2 Super Bowls, 13 winning seasons

• Aaron Rodgers: 1 Super Bowl, 3 MVPs, 9 winning seasons

• Matt Ryan: 1 MVP, 1 Super Bowl appearance, 7 wining seasons 

• Russell Wilson: 1 Super Bowl, 9 winning seasons  

Over the last 4 seasons...

QB-A: 17,082 yards (64% comp), 102 TD, 48 INT, 4 winning seasons (42-20), 3 playoff wins, 1 Super Bowl appearance 

QB-B: 15,702 yards (67% comp), 89 TD, 40 INT, 0 winning seasons (25-38), 0 playoff appearances  

One of these QB's just got traded and the team ate the biggest dead cap hit ever. The other is potentially going to get extended. Guess which one, lol.

58 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

One of the main reasons why I think know we need to move on from Carr if he can not be a top 5-7 QB is the salary cap.  The contracts QBs are getting is going to create to classes of teams.  Those that gave a top QB $40+ million a year and those that thought they were giving a top QB $40+ million a year.  I think our best bet is to draft a QB and sit him behind Carr for a year.  If the rookie looks like he is ready to go year 1 then we trade Carr.  If Carr shows this year he is a top 5-7 QB then we should start negotiations asap.