The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We're 7 weeks into the season, we've started 6-3 and 6-4 over the last two seasons before Carr and the offense collapsed. 

For sure, itll come down to how Carr plays toward the end of the season. But if he continues to play top 10 level regardless of how our team does, he will get 30mil 

8 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Lookin back his only real bad game was Atlanta last year. Other than the occasional throwing short of the sticks. He was good I thought better than 2016. 

I agree that his 2020 was better than his 2016. I think the throwing short of the sticks was a lot of Gruden's "can't go broke makin' a profit" offensive mentality."

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 9:39 PM, SimonGruber said:

Lookin back his only real bad game was Atlanta last year. Other than the occasional throwing short of the sticks. He was good I thought better than 2016. 

Over the first 10 games: 2,431 yards (70% comp), 19 TD, 3 INT, 5 FL

Over the last 6 games: 1,672 yards (64% comp), 8 TD, 6 INT, 3 FL

He had more turnovers then TD in our last 6 games and we needed a miracle play to beat the Jets. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He had more turnovers then TD in our last 6 games and we needed a miracle play to beat the Jets. 

Last 6 games vs first 10? What in the world?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

First 10 games in pergame: 243 yards per game, 1.9 TD, .3INT, .5 FL
last 6 games pergame: 279 ypg, 1.3 td, 1 int, .5 fl
-
So def worse, but when factoring in some of the INTs and Fumbles werent 100% on Carr i dont think his play fell off as much as some play it up. 
Our entire O slowed down no doubt, and a lot of it is on Carr. He was the reason we were in some of the closer games

also, not sure if those last 6 include his Chargers game . . . would make the yds and TDs look significantly better if so. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

With the exception of 2016 Raiders has collapsed in the 2nd half every year.  3-5 every year.  The 9th and 10th games he combined for 429 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 Int.  Not great but most came in the KC game where he was needed and in the Broncos game the run game and defense took care of it.  Adding those numbers make the year more balanced in terms of yards but still not a good statistical half season.  2,101 yards 11 TDs and 10 TOs is still not good to go with being 3-5.

Edited it to say Raiders collapsed not Carr.  Unfair statement to make without me giving proof.  Sorry.

Edited by drfrey13

Just now, drfrey13 said:

With the exception of 2016 Carr has collapsed in the 2nd half every year.  3-5 every year.  The 9th and 10th games he combined for 429 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 Int.  Not great but most came in the KC game where he was needed and in the Broncos game the run game and defense took care of it.  Adding those numbers make the year more balanced in terms of yards but still not a good statistical half season.  2,101 yards 11 TDs and 10 TOs is still not good to go with being 3-5.

to this though, we all agree weve been a poorly built team with very little depth. 
Depth is they key to winning at the end of year, as every team gets injured. 
Our teams end of season have been worse then start of year every single season, because we have had no depth. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

to this though, we all agree weve been a poorly built team with very little depth. 
Our teams end of season have been worse then start of year every single season, because we have had no depth. 

I was not trying to show why but just the stats.  That is why I changed Carr collapsing to Raiders collapsing.  Many different reasons why it has happened the way it has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I was not trying to show why but just the stats.  That is why I changed Carr collapsing to Raiders collapsing.  Many different reasons why it has happened the way it has.

There is def some fairness to question Carr late in the year too. Not denying that. 
Hopefully he can put that and cold weather games to rest, (or at least provide a good counter year), this season!

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Because we started 6-4 in 2019 and 2020 then finished 7-9 and 8-8. 10/16 also equates to 2/3 of the season. But my main point was we've been in playoff contention in each of the last two years during the first 10 weeks before we fell off.

Edited by NYRaider

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

2019: First 10 - 22.5 ppg | Last 6 - 14.6 ppg | -7.8 differential 

2020: First 10 - 28.6 ppg | Last 6 - 24.6 ppg | -4.0 differential 

The 2020 numbers are somewhat skewed in our favor as well because we had the last minute hail mary / last minute win due to Vic Fangio's poor game management. 

And in terms of all of our offensive struggles late in the season I think it was more so on Gruden then Carr. He revealed too much of his play book too early in the season so teams were ready for us by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

I love the way that Carr has played and want nothing more then for him to keep balling. I'd just personally prefer to wait until after the season. If he keeps it up, of course he deserves a kings ransom. But following the Giants game we have a tough schedule to close out the year: vs KC, vs Cincy, at Dallas, vs WFT, at KC, at Cleveland, vs Denver, at Indy, vs LAC. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I love the way that Carr has played and want nothing more then for him to keep balling. I'd just personally prefer to wait until after the season. If he keeps it up, of course he deserves a kings ransom. But following the Giants game we have a tough schedule to close out the year: vs KC, vs Cincy, at Dallas, vs WFT, at KC, at Cleveland, vs Denver, at Indy, vs LAC. 

My thoughts exactly. He needs to finally power through that tough second half schedule and look like a Top 10 QB against good teams. Right now he is carving up really bad football teams, something we already know he’s capable of. Denver, Philadelphia, and New York (coming up) are all Bottom 6-7 teams in the NFL. 

I am rooting for Carr and want him to ball out, one less position to worry about. But this upcoming schedule will define him:

- Kansas City x2 (especially on the road in the cold, a venue he has usually struggled with in Nov/Dec) 

- Chargers again

- Cowboys

- Bengals

- Washington (defense is good, although average team)

- Colts (they are on fire)

- Browns (should be fully healthy)

This is basically murderer’s row, after having the most cupcake schedule in the entire NFL the first 8 games. 

Our schedule is never balanced. Usually easiest schedule in the league first 8 games, hardest schedule in the league the final 8 games. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Cowboys

- Bengals

- Washington (defense is good, although average team)

- Colts (they are on fire)

- Browns (should be fully healthy)

This is basically murderer’s row, after having the most cupcake schedule in the entire NFL the first 8 games. 

Our schedule is never balanced. Usually easiest schedule in the league first 8 games, hardest schedule in the league the final 8 games. 

Bengals at home and Cowboys on Thanksgiving are the two that scare me the most. The Colts are not on fire, they've beaten the Texans and 49ers. Washington's defense is 32nd in points allowed and 29th in yards allowed. Cleveland, healthy or not, is a game we should win.