The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that the Giants, Saints, or possibly even the Texans will be potential landing spots for him. 

Saints for sure. I think they'll be a target for a lot of guys looking for that shot. 

Honestly, I think his best bet would be to try and latch on in Tampa. More than just the irony of being Brady's backup again, but Jimmy only just recently turned 30 and Tom won't last forever. If Arians can't make you look decent, you're screwed. If he can, that gives Jimmy a potential handful of years to cash in one more time around 32-33. Again though, mutual interest will be needed, and I can't really figure out how other teams are going to see him. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Saints for sure. I think they'll be a target for a lot of guys looking for that shot. 

Honestly, I think his best bet would be to try and latch on in Tampa. More than just the irony of being Brady's backup again, but Jimmy only just recently turned 30 and Tom won't last forever. If Arians can't make you look decent, you're screwed. If he can, that gives Jimmy a potential handful of years to cash in one more time around 32-33. Again though, mutual interest will be needed, and I can't really figure out how other teams are going to see him. 

Considering Jimmy's $27M cap hit next season I can't imagine that Tampa Bay is a realistic landing spot. The Giants seem to be a realistic spot for him assuming that they miss out on Russell Wilson. 

On 12/26/2021 at 2:19 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Jimmy wouldn’t be a good fit with Arians IMO That offense takes shots often and Jimmy ain’t that guy

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If we go 10-7 and make the playoffs do we keep DC?

Yes, unless someone wants to give us a Stafford-like deal. At that point, it becomes 50-50. 

Our offense is broken. We have a lot of backup/backup caliber guys starting on it and am OC that likely knew his days were numbered regardless. 

Carr might fetch a couple of firsts from a team looking for a QB. I love the guy, but that is hard to pass up, provided we have an actual, constructive plan to replace him. 

Or, for all we know, GMs and HCs around the league might think he's just another QB that nobody really pursues. 

While I certainly think and prefer the former, it really depends to me on who we bring in as HC, OC, and via FA. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The thing about trading Carr for picks is we’ve shown absolutely nothing that we’d turn that into a net gain. 

Exactly. We had Carr and 2 first round picks multiple years in a row. How is No Carr and 2 first round picks multiple years in a row any better? I just don't see us improving unless we've got a top 3-5 pick in a good QB draft class year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Exactly. We had Carr and 2 first round picks multiple years in a row. How is No Carr and 2 first round picks multiple years in a row any better? I just don't see us improving unless we've got a top 3-5 pick in a good QB draft class year. 

It won't be two TV personalities making the draft picks this time hopefully. If we trade carr in offseason you really shouldn't be looking for an improvement record wise. Trading carr clearly would mean we in a reconstruction. It's going to be players we like think have good potential that the next regime may not like or think they fit their scheme. We got quite a few guys on one amd two year deals, including draft picks like Abram and jacobs to decide on. It could be a massive roster turnover. 

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It won't be two TV personalities making the draft picks this time hopefully. If we trade carr in offseason you really shouldn't be looking for an improvement record wise. Trading carr clearly would mean we in a reconstruction. It's going to be players we like think have good potential that the next regime may not like or think they fit their scheme. We got quite a few guys on one amd two year deals, including draft picks like Abram and jacobs to decide on. It could be a massive roster turnover. 

if we trade DC, we would suck and be in rebuilding mode for a few years. Unless we land Rodgers which I highly doubt.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yes, unless someone wants to give us a Stafford-like deal. At that point, it becomes 50-50. 

Our offense is broken. We have a lot of backup/backup caliber guys starting on it and am OC that likely knew his days were numbered regardless. 

Carr might fetch a couple of firsts from a team looking for a QB. I love the guy, but that is hard to pass up, provided we have an actual, constructive plan to replace him. 

Or, for all we know, GMs and HCs around the league might think he's just another QB that nobody really pursues. 

While I certainly think and prefer the former, it really depends to me on who we bring in as HC, OC, and via FA. 

Decisions, decisions.

10-7 and in the playoffs and you're still 50-50 on trading DC if we can get a couple first round picks?

Interesting.

Playoffs without Ruggs, Gruden, K. Drake, Inc, D. Good, a decent RT, D. Waller for half the season.  I'd want to keep him. 

If we lose out then I can see us pulling chalks and trading him away for a couple of first round picks.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Depends on how he plays 

he needs to have a signature game at least one of these last 2weeks

300 yrds 3tds type game 

I don't care if it's 200 yards 2 TDs and 2 INTs per game.  If we win out I'd still keep him lol.  I know it's crazy, but I'm just being honest.  Indi has a top 10 defense (I believe) and the Chargers are good when they're running on all cylinders.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Depends on how he plays 

300 yrds 3tds type game 

I agree with this, these are playoff games. He needs to show up and show he can lead us to these type of wins. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Depends on how he plays 

300 yrds 3tds type game 

Yea i want to see how he plays in a big game. He hasn't been in many big games with playoff implications this late into the year in his career. We've won these last few games but i haven't been impressed really. We've averaged like 14 ppg over the last 7 games if you exclude the fluke Cowboys game, and he's turned the ball over in all but one of those games. 

We're definitely going to need him to have two of his better games to have a shot.