The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Man had an all time season at WR and this is still an argument lmaoo

Right? This is why I had to ask for clarification bc I honestly didn't think anyone would be arguing this. I'm always open for hearing an argument for anything but this one is very, very tough to defend. 

Love Renfrow but he’s no Kupp and I wouldn’t really consider him a WR1. He’s amazing, but not take over almost any game he wants amazing. It depends what way you wanna look at him. I usually don’t rank Slot WR’s in the same category as Outside WR’s. Sure guys like Kupp and Jefferson play primarily in the slot, but they have the size to play anywhere while Renfrow is a normal Slot WR size. Therefore I’d still rank Jefferson and Kupp along with outside WR’s as well unlike Renfrow who is a traditional sized slot WR and should only be ranked among other Slot WR’s. 

Out of “normal” Slot WR’s, who can only play in the slot, Renfrow is the best in the NFL imo. 

We still need an outside WR1 that can take over games like Kupp carried the entire Ram Offense for 4 quarters. Without Kupp, hell no they don’t win that SB (yes I’m aware Kupp plays primarily in the slot. I’m saying we need a dominant WR1 that can take over a game. This is the new trend in the NFL). 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Love Renfrow but he’s no Kupp and I wouldn’t really consider him a WR1. He’s amazing, but not take over almost any game he wants amazing. It depends what way you wanna look at him. I usually don’t rank Slot WR’s in the same category as Outside WR’s. Sure guys like Kupp and Jefferson play primarily in the slot, but they have the size to play anywhere while Renfrow is a normal Slot WR size. Therefore I’d still rank Jefferson and Kupp along with outside WR’s as well unlike Renfrow who is a traditional sized slot WR and should only be ranked among other Slot WR’s. 

Out of “normal” Slot WR’s, who can only play in the slot, Renfrow is the best in the NFL imo. 

We still need an outside WR1 that can take over games like Kupp carried the entire Ram Offense for 4 quarters. Without Kupp, hell no they don’t win that SB (yes I’m aware Kupp plays primarily in the slot. I’m saying we need a dominant WR1 that can take over a game. This is the new trend in the NFL). 

Not even a WR1 WR1. Just a good dynamic WR. A lot of rookies have fit that bill the last few years too. Just need some combo of speed/ contested catch ability/route running/YAC. The way I see it, 2 of them make you a solid nfl receiver. 3 make you a first rounder and 4 makes you an elite player.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not even a WR1 WR1. Just a good dynamic WR. A lot of rookies have fit that bill the last few years too. Just need some combo of speed/ contested catch ability/route running/YAC. The way I see it, 2 of them make you a solid nfl receiver. 3 make you a first rounder and 4 makes you an elite player.

This doesn’t mean I’m forcing a WR in the 1st though. BPA all day minus EDGE, TE, RB, and FS. If BPA is WR, let’s do it. If Corner is BPA, sign me up. If LB is BPA, I’m down. If DT is BPA, cool. If QB is BPA (controversial), sign me up. Even if IOL is BPA, I’d strongly consider it since a Late 1st on IOL is not a bad pick (Top 15, heck no). Let’s get the best damn players on the field. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This doesn’t mean I’m forcing a WR in the 1st though. BPA all day minus EDGE, TE, RB, and FS. If BPA is WR, let’s do it. If Corner is BPA, sign me up. If LB is BPA, I’m down. If DT is BPA, cool. If QB is BPA (controversial), sign me up. Even if IOL is BPA, I’d strongly consider it since a Late 1st on IOL is not a bad pick (Top 15, heck no). Let’s get the best damn players on the field. 

Not necessarily, but I see 4 clear 1st rounders in Jamo, Wilson, Burks, and London. All 4 are worth 22 IMO. A little after them I have Christian Watson.  If none are there, agreed I go another position. I like Leal (if red flags check out), Wyatt, and a few of the corners, Nakobe Dean, etc.. Worst case we can get someone like Metchie/Ross at 55 and go defense in the first.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not necessarily, but I see 4 clear 1st rounders in Jamo, Wilson, Burks, and London. All 4 are worth 22 IMO. A little after them I have Christian Watson.  If none are there, agreed I go another position. I like Leal (if red flags check out), Wyatt, and a few of the corners, Nakobe Dean, etc.. Worst case we can get someone like Metchie/Ross at 55 and go defense in the first.

Just because they are 1st Round WR’s doesn’t mean they should automatically be the pick. They should rank all the talent on the board and take BPA minus the positions I mentioned. This is how teams like the Pats have stayed wildly successful and don’t force needs. If a WR guy is the top ranked on their BB as we pick, great. Have at it. 

Considering they are bringing the Patriots way, I don’t think they will force needs. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Just because they are 1st Round WR’s doesn’t mean they should automatically be the pick. They should rank all the talent on the board and take BPA minus the positions I mentioned. This is how teams like the Pats have stayed wildly successful and don’t force needs. If a WR guy is the top ranked on their BB as we pick, great. Have at it. 

Considering they are bringing the Patriots way, I don’t think they will force needs. 

Sure. I'm just saying I don't think any of the guys I mentioned are substantially better than the others so you can potentially get a nice combo of value and need. If someone really awesome drops down (e.g. sauce gardner idk), of course you go for the talent. I just haven't cleared out all the players in the draft into tiers yet. We have 3 months for that lol.

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mostly agree with the exception of the minus. I honestly don't care what position it is. If he is the best player available take him. Let's be honest. There isn't a position on this team that can say "oh we don't need another good/great player here" even edge. I mean lets say you get another Maxx. Well then that makes Yan trade bait or either situational and you don't have that contract or negotiation next year. Always give me the best guy PERIOD. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigD1123 said:

I mostly agree with the exception of the minus. I honestly don't care what position it is. If he is the best player available take him. Let's be honest. There isn't a position on this team that can say "oh we don't need another good/great player here" even edge. I mean lets say you get another Maxx. Well then that makes Yan trade bait or either situational and you don't have that contract or negotiation next year. Always give me the best guy PERIOD. 

Maybe punter/kicker but you get what I'm saying I'm sure.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Right? This is why I had to ask for clarification bc I honestly didn't think anyone would be arguing this. I'm always open for hearing an argument for anything but this one is very, very tough to defend. 

How many of the tds yesterday were on y’all boy apple. 

would you call him a solid nfl cb?