The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It really depends how we finish the season. Does the admin think we can plug in a Tom Brady to elevate us to champions? Who knows what they are thinking at 5-7

Please buck, for the flippin love of Pete, just stop. We get it!!!!!! You HATE Carr, and you’re entitled to that. But really? The ghost of Brady for sh*ts sake? Lmfao!! 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Tough to say. Both are having solid seasons. Brady doesn’t have the amount of Turnovers Carr has but Carr has more TDs and production.

JMD has won six Super Bowls with Brady. If he plays next season, it can be tough to resist bringing him on if wants to play here

Yeah Brady IMO this year is playing very safe, dont turn the ball over and let the D keep you in games. Will probably have 100 more attempts than Carr after tonight, so very diff Os. Doesnt have the luxury of Jacobs. But Evans and Godwin def nice targets too. 

If it did happen, i just pray its not the year Brady finally asks for a big pay check lol

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Tough to say. Both are having solid seasons. Brady doesn’t have the amount of Turnovers Carr has but Carr has more TDs and production.

JMD has won six Super Bowls with Brady. If he plays next season, it can be tough to resist bringing him on if wants to play here

I have high respect for Brady’s greatness but he can’t move anymore. He can still throw darts though but man he would be what 46 ? Lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Please buck, for the flippin love of Pete, just stop. We get it!!!!!! You HATE Carr, and you’re entitled to that. But really? The ghost of Brady for sh*ts sake? Lmfao!! 

To be honest I’m being quite fair to Carr today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

I have high respect for Brady’s greatness but he can’t move anymore. He can still throw darts though but man he would be what 46 ? Lol 

I just think as a Franchise you can’t say no to Tom Brady as long as he’s playing well and wants to play.

Especially that we hired his OC for 6 Super Bowls. By far the most successful QB and player in history. It is a rub that a franchise like us can use even at the advanced age of 46 next season 

Did you see all those jerseys in Germany for Brady. Raiders + Brady could marketing boom.

"I wouldn't be here if Derek wasn't here," Adams said. "He's a big, big reason why I ended up in the position I am. I don't know how it would have went with another quarterback in college. That's the type of stuff that builds great bonds and lifelong bonds".

I know he was a raider fan growing up, but again Adams syaing he came to Vegas cause of Carr. 
He will be pushing to keep Carr this offseason no doubt. 

• Like 2

Also, raiders 3-0 since Carr cried at the postgame presser. 

Soft, weak, any other term people who dont like him wanna say? who the hell cares. 

The team woke up. 
It is easy to see how much Carr loves the Raiders, and he said what needed to be said to wake some people up. 

He is not a in your face leader, but, he is a leader. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Also, raiders 3-0 since Carr cried at the postgame presser. 

Soft, weak, any other term people who dont like him wanna say? who the hell cares. 

The team woke up. 
It is easy to see how much Carr loves the Raiders, and he said what needed to be said to wake some people up. 

He is not a in your face leader, but, he is a leader. 

We need more of it. 

Can't criticize his play right now- all 3 of his last 3 INTs were just great defensive plays. 

Do we start calling him ugly or something now? Lol

• Like 1

I love Carr and his commitment to the Raiders and he's put up with more than any player would have but I must have watched a different game to some hearing people rave about his performance yesterday... The (offense) credit belongs to the playcalling, JJ, passblocking, and DA...

Carr spent the game staring down his first read and wasn't seeing the field for other options.

*Staring down worked for the two 2tds and helped us get the win but I expect more from a 9 year vet and think we could replicate this with a journeyman/rookie.

• His first TD pass was underthrown and was lucky DA came up with it
  • His second TD was a great playcall and execution by everyone

*Off the top of my head the 2 interceptions from the last game weren't on him but this one is at least 50% with the double coverage, staring down Hollins from the start of the play, and missing Cole coming open:

CarrInt.png

Edited by Ryno
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryno said:

I expect more from a 9 year vet and think we could replicate this with a journeyman/rookie.

I agree. That’s what it comes down to in the offseason. Is it worth paying Carr 40 million AAV for the next 3 seasons? It is very possible w/Jacobs, Adams, playcalling etc a cheaper option can have similar success. Add more salary to the defense. Even Brady could possibly elevate us