The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It’s Mark Davis. Carr is not a starter this long on ANY of the 31 other NFL Franchises. He likely picked McDaniels since Josh probably hyped up Carr the most out of any other Head Coach candidate, due to scheme fit. Davis has a hard-on for Carr and he knows nothing about football. 

The only coach that was ever hard on Carr and didn’t baby him was Del Rio in 2017. If you read all the reports, and press conferences, etc, he held Carr accountable for a lot, and Carr needs to be held accountable. It cost him his job. Every other coach has babied Carr every step of the way not to anger Mark.  Even Gruden who went completely soft with age. Gruden has always been a players coach but he use to absolutely grill you if you messed up or suck, he was way too soft on the players in his second coaching go around. 

Davis just keeps picking coaches he thinks won’t hold Carr accountable, and promised him he is the QB. 

I always suspected Mark Davis was meddling in roster affairs. I’ve seen teams give on QBs after 1 or 2 non winning seasons. I think Mark has a hard on for Tom Brady too. Very possible why we hired these NE guys

On 12/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, ronjon1990 said:

But you said Lamar is GOAT and Jalen Hurts was garbage.....

Sounds an awful lot like "Derek Carr is 27.5297²% when his LG passes wind at the word 'down' and his RT begins to prairie dog in the 3 point stance" level of trying to fit statistics into a narrative.

So basically you saying completion % in the redzone is some crazy stat. That's all his comment was. You made it sound like it was 18 qualifiers. It's simple completion % in redzone for qbs have passed enough to be ranked. 

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Just remember he was pounding the table for us to trade multiple 1st's for Russ...  I couldn't make that stuff up if I tried LOL 

When you keep an average QB for sooooo long, you get desperate. No other 31 teams would have kept Carr this long. 

Also Tua >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carr. Can finally say it. Tua is a way smarter QB, more accurate, million times better play extender, better risk taker, and does something Carr has lacked his entire career: able to throw with anticipation AKA throwing receivers open. I’ve been calling out this flaw of Carr since college. You need this skill in the NFL to be great. Tua is one of the best in the NFL at throwing with anticipation. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

When you keep an average QB for sooooo long, you get desperate. No other 31 teams would have kept Carr this long. 

Also Tua >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carr. Can finally say it. Tua is a way smarter QB, more accurate, million times better play extender, better risk taker, and does something Carr has lacked his entire career: able to throw with anticipation AKA throwing receivers open. I’ve been calling out this flaw of Carr since college. You need this skill in the NFL to be great. Tua is one of the best in the NFL at throwing with anticipation. 

Bro you never give up LOL  Your take on QB's is atrocious and your QB scouting gets an F grade. 

You said Carr was a top 10 fantasy QB before the year started and now he's trash.... The year before you wanted us to dump him and trade multiples 1st for Russ, let's just say that hasn't aged well.  How about the tank for Tua and trade multiples 1st to move up for that bum.  You also said Herbert was trash.  You take on QB's gets a F across the board.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Bro you never give up LOL  Your take on QB's is atrocious and your QB scouting gets an F grade. 

You said Carr was a top 10 fantasy QB before the year started and now he's trash.... The year before you wanted us to dump him and trade multiples 1st for Russ, let's just say that hasn't aged well.  How about the tank for Tua and trade multiples 1st to move up for that bum.  You also said Herbert was trash.  You take on QB's gets a F across the board.  

You get an F across the board for QB scouting for non stop unwavering loyalty to Derek Carr. You have never once considered him a problem for 8+ years. Subconsciously you are more of a Derek Carr fan than a Raider fan and you don’t even realize it. 

My biggest issue with Carr is the Red Zone. Multiple coaches, the results is the same. He has no moxie inside the 20.

Lost in all the talk this weekend is the fact, the Raiders win if he doesn't throw up a soft ball INT in the end zone. He had pressure, but nobody was open and threw it into 4 defenders.

Take the FG there it's a 16 point game late and changes the outcome.  

• Like 2

There's a lot of Brady chat circulating in the media right now regarding his future - where he might go after the Bucs if he decides to keep playing (which seems likely right now). A few talking heads have suggested Vegas as a landing spot, and wondering what you guys think about that?

I've never been as up OR down on Carr as most Raider fans, but I really do think we need to try something different at this point. It's the same old Carr year after year no matter who the HC is, the OC is, who his weapons are or who is protecting him.

That said, I'm not too sure Brady would be my preference as a replacement. Age does finally look to be catching up with him and I'm not sure a 46/47yo Brady over the next couple of seasons is the change that will really take us where we want to be. I'd guess that the presence of Brady and his mentality and leadership might see a positive change in the performances of some players, but I think in terms of actual on-the-field improvements I'm not sure how much of an upgrade TB12 would be. Especially if you factor in our OL which we all know the issues with.

Plenty of factors though which suggest there's a decent chance we'll be on his list of likely landing spots in the off-season...

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You get an F across the board for QB scouting for non stop unwavering loyalty to Derek Carr. You have never once considered him a problem for 8+ years. Subconsciously you are more of a Derek Carr fan than a Raider fan and you don’t even realize it. 

I speak in truths and you speak in lies.  I have never been opposed to an upgrade at QB and would love to have a 21 year old Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes leading this franchise.  My issue with your statement is two fold, first it's not true and utter nonsense that I am a Carr fan and not a Raider fan and second every suggestion by you and every other fan on here n terms of how to upgrade the QB position has gotten an F grade.  All of the suggestions would be horrendous fails that would set the franchise back years. 

35 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I speak in truths and you speak in lies.  I have never been opposed to an upgrade at QB and would love to have a 21 year old Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes leading this franchise.  My issue with your statement is two fold, first it's not true and utter nonsense that I am a Carr fan and not a Raider fan and second every suggestion by you and every other fan on here n terms of how to upgrade the QB position has gotten an F grade.  All of the suggestions would be horrendous fails that would set the franchise back years. 

How many years has sticking with DC4 set back the franchise? Zero playoff wins is zero playoff wins any way you slice it. 

• Like 1