The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Both @jpaulthe1stand @dante9876wont post the list because they know it will expose them as the fraud football fans they claim to be. If they post the list it will expose them as either hypocrites or uneducated on their stance. I’ll wait for you lists that will never come 🤦🏻‍♂️

@Frankie2Gunz staying on brand. 

1. Defend Carr against any and all criticism by any means necessary 

2. Incessantly ask for detailed QB upgrade plans from all posters that question Carr. 

3. If said poster doesn’t take the bait then ask for a list of QB’s that are an upgrade from Carr 

4. Attack the rest of the roster to rationalize Carr’s failures at QB 

5. Attack other poster’s football knowledge while also admitting to being a casual football fan

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Right on cue. Lol

Exactly. You’ll never post it because it will expose your pathetic narrative. It’s a simple question you guys will never answer which is why I dismiss nearly everything you post as nonsense. If you were to honestly answer my question it would expose your narrative for how absurd it really is.  You lack of a response shows you’re not worth my time unless I’m bored.

I have two simple questions you guys are afraid to answer that shows me you spew nothing but conjecture, worthless opinions and utter nonsense.  

How many QB’s are clear upgrades over Carr and how will this upgrade be achieved if we move on? 

As much as I give @BayRaider **** regarding our differing opinions when it come to Qb's, I however do respect that he puts his QB lists, mock drafts and fantasy football opinions out there for everyone to see and doesn't back down.   He does through research and knows his stuff unlike you guys.  I asked him this question a few years ago and he had the balls to answer.  i may not have agreed with his answer but I respected him for answering and not dodging the question.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly. You’ll never post it because it will expose your pathetic narrative. It’s a simple question you guys will never answer which is why I dismiss nearly everything you post as nonsense. If you were to honestly answer my question it would expose your narrative for how absurd it really is.  You lack of a response shows you’re not worth my time unless I’m bored.

I have two simple questions you guys are afraid to answer that shows me you spew nothing but conjecture, worthless opinions and utter nonsense.  

How many QB’s are clear upgrades over Carr and how will this upgrade be achieved if we move on? 

As much as I give @BayRaider **** regarding our differing opinions when it come to Qb's, I however do respect that he puts his QB lists, mock drafts and fantasy football opinions out there for everyone to see and doesn't back down.   He does through research and knows his stuff unlike you guys.  I asked him this question a few years ago and he had the balls to answer.  i may not have agreed with his answer but I respected him for answering and not dodging the question.  

Clear upgrades over Carr:

1. A short list of guys who will not be available for any reason whatsoever so they're barely worth mentioning (Mahomes, Allen, Hurts)

2. Rodgers for a year tops.

3. Brady for about 3 weeks

tops. 

4. Goff. I'd trade Carr for Goff due to Goff having a few more years left, and I really like Goff. 

The list of QBs the Carr haters would give him up for:

The list of QBs the Carr haters would give him up for but don't have the balls to be challenged on it because the arguments for doing so would be extremely weak and rely almost entirely on the unquantifiable notion of "potential" yet to be proven:

1. Lamar

2. Herbert

3. Burrow

4. Lawrence

5. Watson 

6. Some rookie that has never actually proven a single thing on an NFL field, would be a massive investment for the sake of appeasing the Carr haters, and would be more likely to set the team 3-5 years back.

The list of QBs I've seen people who just want to be rid of Carr pound the table for, but can no longer be found pounding that table as if it never happened:

1. Spencer Rattler at number 1 overall in 2022. 

2. Tua

3. Mayfield

4. Russ

5. Z Wilson

6 Sam Darnold

7. Fields

8 Murray

IMHO this whole discussion is pointless unless you have the right coaches, GMs, scouts etc. in place and start to hit on your draft picks and FA signings.
(still don't know, if we have the right staff in the building)

Both ways that are discribed in the past 3 pages will work, if you hit on your draft picks and both ways will fail if you don't.
There's not that one way, that gives you success.

Unfortunately I think finding the right staff is more of a trial and error thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The list of QBs the Carr haters would give him up for but don't have the balls to be challenged on it because the arguments for doing so would be extremely weak and rely almost entirely on the unquantifiable notion of "potential" yet to be proven:

1. Lamar

2. Herbert

3. Burrow

4. Lawrence

5. Watson 

6. Some rookie that has never actually proven a single thing on an NFL field, would be a massive investment for the sake of appeasing the Carr haters, and would be more likely to set the team 3-5 years back.

The list of QBs I've seen people who just want to be rid of Carr pound the table for, but can no longer be found pounding that table as if it never happened:

2. Tua

3. Mayfield

4. Russ

5. Z Wilson

6 Sam Darnold

7. Fields

8 Murray

I'm not a Carr hater but a Carr critic. I would legit take Herbert and Burrow over Carr without blinking. Lamar, Lawrence, and Watson can kick rocks though.

Of the bottom list, Justin Fields is the only QB that intrigues me. That last game he played against GB, he showed improvement as a passer. If he keeps improving, then he would be worth it. I would only trade Carr for him under the right set of circumstances.

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

I'm not a Carr hater but a Carr critic. I would legit take Herbert and Burrow over Carr without blinking. Lamar, Lawrence, and Watson can kick rocks though.

Of the bottom list, Justin Fields is the only QB that intrigues me. That last game he played against GB, he showed improvement as a passer. If he keeps improving, then he would be worth it. I would only trade Carr for him under the right set of circumstances.

Out of interest, why would you not take Lawrence over Carr going forward?

I can see the arguments against Lamar (playing style =/= durability) and Watson (primarily non-football reasons), but give me Lawrence over Carr as a QB for the future all day long.

Still waiting @Frankie2Gunz

And I'll add this stat for you:

This season, Carr has a 39.6% completion rating in red zone and a 71.5% rating. 2nd lowest to Wilson. He also has Devante Adams at WR. 

And to illustrate it's a career long issues for him..... Carr is tied for the most red zone INTs (14) since entering the league in 2014.

I'll wait......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Clear upgrades over Carr:

1. A short list of guys who will not be available for any reason whatsoever so they're barely worth mentioning (Mahomes, Allen, Hurts)

2. Rodgers for a year tops.

3. Brady for about 3 weeks

tops. 

4. Goff. I'd trade Carr for Goff due to Goff having a few more years left, and I really like Goff. 

The list of QBs the Carr haters would give him up for:

1. Lamar

2. Herbert

3. Burrow

4. Lawrence

5. Watson 

2. Tua

3. Mayfield

4. Russ

5. Z Wilson

6 Sam Darnold

7. Fields

8 Murray

So you’d keep Carr over Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, Watson, and Trevor Lawrence? Also, Hurts and Dak are not even on your list. 

I think you’ve finally replaced Frankie as Carr’s #1 fan. Remind me to never respond to any of your takes ever again. 

Goodfellas GIF

Edited by jpaulthe1st