The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Stetson does not have an NFL arm and he is undersized. He could carve out a backup role maybe. Most likely another Aaron Murray, Jake Fromm career arc.

He’s also 25 which is pretty old for a rookie QB. He’s not 28 but still it’s a concern. 

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

The same kinda issues carr has according to Carr detractors, and backers. that’s funny stuff there buck....jus sayin. 

Carr been in the NFL for 9 seasons and those issues haven’t been improved on. 

With a College prospect, the hope that coaching will improve that as they develop 

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-says-its-inevitable-that-the-raiders-will-move-on-from-derek-carr-after-the-season/

According to a report from Vinny Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Raiders and Derek Carr are expected to part ways at the end of the season.

“For various reasons, this season feels different [for Derek Carr], and league sources have indicated it seems inevitable the Raiders will move on from Carr,” Bonsignore reported on Thursday.

“That doesn’t necessarily mean they would simply let Carr walk,” Bonsignore continued. “A trade undoubtedly would be explored, and league sources indicate there would be enough time for the Raiders to potentially work one out in time to deal with the early February deadline to decide his future.”

• Like 2

I’ve said it already for the sake of everyone’s sanity , including DC, this would happen. Right or wrong, mcdummy has his scapegoat......he better f*cking improve next year. Fwiw, I’d rather roll with someone like the stache than the ghost of Brady. But let’s face it, if they do happen to sign him, that’ll make a lot of raider nation happy, they’ll run right over the cliff , hands held high, shouting “hallelujah! We got the goat!” Cuz anyone thinking there’s no chance we sign Tom terrific and suck still is being delusional. There’s absolutely a chance that can happen. Anyone who’s spent time being a raiders fan knows this. Putting the blame at Carr’s feet is wrong. Period. He’s far from perfect, but I’ll always appreciate him. Which is more than some can say, but they will put their bullsh*t PC posts out wishing him well and sh*t. Make we wanna puke in my mouth. Lmao!! 

To me mcdaniels is a phony, why even sign him to that contract then? Then hobble him in this “high powered offense” helll, we could lose carr, jacobs and Waller this offseason while they “remake” the team in their “image” which btw, is non existent. That image is BB completely!!!! 

26 minutes ago, true2form said:

Lost in all the Carr talk is what happens with everyone else.  If we do move on from Carr, who follows him?  Also, how does Devante react to this? 

We could quickly go from a team that just cant finish, to a team that has zero chance overnight.

Exactly, if this is true which I highly question, JM and DZ better have a solid plan in place for an upgrade QB or they are sealing their fate.  

Let's say we trade Carr then JM/DZ sign a stopgap bum where we win 2 to 4 games which is entirely possible considering our lack of talent while downgrading the QB position and we draft a QB, whoever that may be.  If that QB is a bust they are toast, no questions asked, flat out toast.  They better draft a Mahomes/Allen type stud because a Zach Wilson, Darnold, Mayfield etc. on a team devoid of talent and depth is multiple seasons of bottom of the barrel play which is a ticket to the unemployment line. 

This season is already toast and so will be next season with a stopgap QB.  That will be two lost seasons which means they better have an clear upgrade in place by the third year or else they are fired.  Moving on from Carr from their standpoint is much too risky for their careers that is exactly why I am not buying this opinion piece. 

36 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly, if this is true which I highly question, JM and DZ better have a solid plan in place for an upgrade QB or they are sealing their fate.  

Let's say we trade Carr then JM/DZ sign a stopgap bum where we win 2 to 4 games which is entirely possible considering our lack of talent while downgrading the QB position and we draft a QB, whoever that may be.  If that QB is a bust they are toast, no questions asked, flat out toast.  They better draft a Mahomes/Allen type stud because a Zach Wilson, Darnold, Mayfield etc. on a team devoid of talent and depth is multiple seasons of bottom of the barrel play which is a ticket to the unemployment line. 

This season is already toast and so will be next season with a stopgap QB.  That will be two lost seasons which means they better have an clear upgrade in place by the third year or else they are fired.  Moving on from Carr from their standpoint is much too risky for their careers that is exactly why I am not buying this opinion piece. 

There are options. Not many but some. Brady would be a stop gap that would entice players to stay. Trading Carr and a pick for Rodgers could be on the table, doubt it but you never know. 

There are a slew of "maybe" candidates. Daniel Jones, Garapollo, Geno, Flacco, the list of names is long this year but very underwhelming. Lots of mediocre QB's that could do decently in the right system pretty much. I really hope they don't option for that though. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

There are options. Not many but some. Brady would be a stop gap that would entice players to stay. Trading Carr and a pick for Rodgers could be on the table, doubt it but you never know. 

There are a slew of "maybe" candidates. Daniel Jones, Garapollo, Geno, Flacco, the list of names is long this year but very underwhelming. Lots of mediocre QB's that could do decently in the right system pretty much. I really hope they don't option for that though. 

Brady going to a team with a bottom 3 D, a piss poor Oline and in full on rebuild mode....  Never happening.  He is not that stupid.   

Trading draft capital for a 39 year old Rogers on a team that is not close to a SB birth is beyond foolish. 

Of the stop gap QB's listed this would be at best a 4 win team and there is no chance Adams would stick around to play with that list of bums.  

The risk is much too great for JM and DZ to move on from Carr.  Consider they trade him to a team like the Jets and Carr makes a deep playoff run.  The narrative would be that they should have built a solid foundation a around him until they had an upgrade in place which is my stance.  That would be considered a mistake by our front office, heads would roll if we move on from Carr, win 4 games and he takes a team to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Lost in all the Carr talk is what happens with everyone else.  If we do move on from Carr, who follows him?  Also, how does Devante react to this? 

We could quickly go from a team that just cant finish, to a team that has zero chance overnight.

I think Devonte likes Carr for sure but he’s a raider fan first. He’s be okay with it provided they had a good replacement in mind. 

I hate this is how Carr’s career ended with all the Raider records he set. He’s like the Raiders version of Tony Romo he put up stats except the ones that mattered: Playoff wins. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Brady going to a team with a bottom 3 D, a piss poor Oline and in full on rebuild mode....  Never happening.  He is not that stupid.   

Trading draft capital for a 39 year old Rogers on a team that is not close to a SB birth is beyond foolish. 

Of the stop gap QB's listed this would be at best a 4 win team and there is no chance Adams would stick around to play with that list of bums.  

The risk is much too great for JM and DZ to move on from Carr.  Consider they trade him to a team like the Jets and Carr makes a deep playoff run.  The narrative would be that they should have built a solid foundation an around him until they had an upgrade in place which is my stance.  That would be considered a mistake by our front office, heads would roll if we move on from Carr, win 4 games and he takes a team to the playoffs. 

I Think both Brady and Rodgers are at the end of the line. Someone is going to be left holding the bag and be on the hook for millions. 

37 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The risk is much too great for JM and DZ to move on from Carr.  Consider they trade him to a team like the Jets and Carr makes a deep playoff run.  The narrative would be that they should have built a solid foundation a around him until they had an upgrade in place which is my stance.  That would be considered a mistake by our front office, heads would roll if we move on from Carr, win 4 games and he takes a team to the playoffs. 

I agree, but there's too much smoke to be ignored. I truly hope they keep Carr for one more year as they can find a transition plan.

Lowkey hope? Trade a low pick for Purdy and give him a chance to fight for the starting spot, make him our backup if he doesn't win. Reports coming out is he has all the intangibles of a leader and is over-impressing as he gets his chances.