The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I agree, but there's too much smoke to be ignored. I truly hope they keep Carr for one more year as they can find a transition plan.

Lowkey hope? Trade a low pick for Purdy and give him a chance to fight for the starting spot, make him our backup if he doesn't win. Reports coming out is he has all the intangibles of a leader and is over-impressing as he gets his chances. 

Purdy is fools gold and is playing well because of the system he’s in backed by an elite D. The guy is a clipboard holder outside of the 9ers system. Hard pass. 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I agree, but there's too much smoke to be ignored. I truly hope they keep Carr for one more year as they can find a transition plan.

Lowkey hope? Trade a low pick for Purdy and give him a chance to fight for the starting spot, make him our backup if he doesn't win. Reports coming out is he has all the intangibles of a leader and is over-impressing as he gets his chances. 

Purdy? The guy has only played one flipping game 😳

Sure, he could be a guy with potential but I’d want to see at least a handful of games first before trading anything of value. 

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hondo has strong opinions. Looking forward to this one.

Same and respect him fleshing things out vs. rushing to get the clicks today with several other reporting on it. 

Interesting that this news is coming from those closer to the team, vs. speculation. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same and respect him fleshing things out vs. rushing to get the clicks today with several other reporting on it. 

Interesting that this news is coming from those closer to the team, vs. speculation. 

He had the adams trade very early. He's probably our best beat writer, though sometimes his opinions are a little goofy. Vic really lacks sources and has a lot of bad takes. Vinny has 0 sources.

Anyone with sense has seen this coming for quite a while......like a freight train full of Christmas lights!!! Hopefully it works out in a way that benefits everyone. However, he could just retire, he’s said it before. And several of us have speculated on that. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He had the adams trade very early. He's probably our best beat writer, though sometimes his opinions are a little goofy. Vic really lacks sources and has a lot of bad takes. Vinny has 0 sources.

Vic and Tashan seem flippant with this new regime. Lots of passive aggressive shots and trolling. Hard to take them serious lately. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

At this point, there’s more risk keeping Carr then moving on from him 

Which is why many are finally starting to come around. But a true front office would of risked improving long ago and ditched Carr 2-3 years ago. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Which is why many are finally starting to come around. But a true front office would of risked improving long ago and ditched Carr 2-3 years ago. 

100% true. What we know about Carr now…is what we knew about Carr 3 years ago.   

The Chiefs went high risk and traded up for Mahomes and now win the AFC West every year

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You don’t build a great team without tons of risk. I feel like hardcore Carr supporters are the most risk adverse people I’ve ever met in my life. 

What does this even mean?  Every draft pick is a risk, every free agent contract is a risk, every move made by a front office is a risk.

Are you talking about the risk of moving on from a top 12 NFL QB just to do so while not having a solid QB plan in place?  The risk for the current regime would be tremendous.  How is this not obvious? 

You're missing one of the biggest factors that most fans don't realize and that is the risk involved for the HC and GM.  No articles ever mention this and it is a massive factor in the decisions that will be made regarding Carr.  If they trade Carr for a stopgap/rookie JM/DZ run a high risk on winning 4ish games next season given our current talent level and the most certain departure of Adams.  If this regime wins 4 games next year they will without question be on the hot seat.  

If they get through a season of winning 4 games and are still employed they will be under tremendous pressure to win in year three.   With two disappointing seasons under their belt both DZ's and JM's careers would be resting on the shoulders of a stopgap or second year QB that needs to be better than Carr.  If the guy they draft is a bust they are finished.  Another thing that needs to be factored in would be the success of Carr if we moved on from him.  If this regime moves on from him and he ends up on a team like the Jets who make a deep playoff run this will be a terrible look for them and will add more pressure and risk.

Keeping Carr buys them an extra time to get it right and will allow us to build this team the right way and that is from the inside out all while not panicking and going for broke.  If this regime is legit and they are competent at their jobs this should be the least talented roster we see for many years.  You talk about risk, why would DZ/JM risk their millions of dollars a year on a stopgap and a rookie you that hope is an upgrade over a top 12 NFL QB all while building a solid foundation allowing a young Qb to eventually take over the reigns when the surrounding team is ready.  

If an elite Mahomes/Allen QB come to us on draft day you run up to the podium with that pick.  Show me how that happens this offseason and I'll listen....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

100% true. What we know about Carr now…is what we knew about Carr 3 years ago.   

The Chiefs went high risk and traded up for Mahomes and now win the AFC West every year

I was done with Carr after 2018. I was extremely upset with his 2017 season and had a horrible feeling in my stomach after it. But it’s one season, let’s see what happens in 2018. Disgraceful… a good QB doesn’t have two terrible seasons like that back to back. He’s not good. He has way too many damn flaws.

Flaws: Locks on to 1st read a lot, poor field vision and leaves guys open, shy trigger finger downfield, deep ball looks atrocious most of the time, average pocket presence, terrible under pressure, horrible play extender, cannot throw with anticipation which all elite QB’s are capable of doing (biggest flaw for me), plays scared and will give up on many 3rd downs, and also plays scared in the redzone like crazy…. he is so fearful in the redzone. I’ve said for Carr to grow some balls for years and everyone on here jumps me because I don’t sugarcoat it… I don’t sugarcoat things, too damn bad. I am who I am and call things how I see them. 

Carr does have pros:

- Really good pre snap, very accurate short and middle, very good arm strength short and middle, football IQ is good enough (just always poor, unaware, processes slow, fearful at executing his knowledge)

The flaws have always largely outweighed the pros. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

on from a top 12 NFL QB

LOL

Anyways, I’d reply to you respectfully, but I’d rather give you a Frankie style reply since I’m tired of debating with you, and short on time today. 

You are also the only person who seems to 100% want to stick with Carr. Every other poster either wants to move on, or open to the idea of moving on. 

You also have never listed a single flaw of Carr’s in 9 years when he has too many to count. Everything is alwaysssss the coach, WR core, defense, etc fault. Carr has a ton of flaws as a QB. Accept it and move on.