The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Purdy is fools gold and is playing well because of the system he’s in backed by an elite D. The guy is a clipboard holder outside of the 9ers system. Hard pass. 

Purdy is not the answer for us, but he is capable of throwing with anticipation which Carr can’t. I would not be shocked if the 49ers won the Super Bowl with Purdy, he can throw with anticipation and handles pressure well. Two things you need for the playoffs, and two things Carr cannot do. I don’t think Purdy is the long term answer for any team though, his arm isn’t good enough. But the 49ers could definitely win the SB with him this year, because he has those two playoff traits. They would not win the Super Bowl with Derek Carr. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Purdy is not the answer for us, but he is capable of throwing with anticipation which Carr can’t. I would not be shocked if the 49ers won the Super Bowl with Purdy, he can throw with anticipation and handles pressure well. Two things you need for the playoffs, and two things Carr cannot do. I don’t think Purdy is the long term answer for any team though, his arm isn’t good enough. But the 49ers could definitely win the SB with him this year, because he has those two playoff traits. They would not win the Super Bowl with Derek Carr. 

Purdy has never had to play from behind and deal with a D pinning their ears back knowing he has to pass.  How do you know how he will preform, or react when the game and script are not in his favor?

Do the 9ers have a SB caliber roster, absolutely but the QB will be their Achilles heel once again unless they can get through the payoffs by keeping every team they play within 10ish points.  

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

LOL

Anyways, I’d reply to you respectfully, but I’d rather give you a Frankie style reply since I’m tired of debating with you, and short on time today. 

You are also the only person who seems to 100% want to stick with Carr. Every other poster either wants to move on, or open to the idea of moving on. 

You also have never listed a single flaw of Carr’s in 9 years when he has too many to count. Everything is alwaysssss the coach, WR core, defense, etc fault. Carr has a ton of flaws as a QB. Accept it and move on. 

How many QB's are without question better than Carr? 

Also when have I ever said Carr is a flawless QB or that I have 100 percent wanted to stick with him? That is flat out insane. Show me a 21 year old Mahomes and Carr can move on. 

Can we upgrade from Carr sure but the list is not as long as you'd like to pretend it is.   Do you want my list of QB's who are currently a certain upgrade over Carr?  Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts and Herbert.  Brady and Rogers were not included due to age and regression.  I am also not saying that Carr is the 6th best QB but he is solidly in the next tier of QB's. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

It's funny to me the people who want Carr gone also think he can net you a first and more in the draft. Meaning you see he has value in the league, but just not value for you team I guess? 

For me, it all comes down to what I've thought for years...... You can get to the Super Bowl with Derek Carr, but Derek Carr will not take you to the Super Bowl.

Let's break that down starting with the latter....

"Derek Carr will not take you to the Super Bowl" This is fine, these QBs are rare. These are your MVP caliber QBs. These are the guys you hope to luck into in the draft. The guys you take a shot on for rare intangibles.

"Derek Carr will not take you to the Super Bowl ." This is middle ground. This is most franchise level QBs. Great players, but to maximize their talent, they need help. They will go as far as the team around them. There are a dozen of these guys.

To win with Carr, you need to build and near elite caliber defense to one, compete with the top tier QBs in the AFC. And two, offset Carr's offensive hot and cold streaks that can be back breakers. 

Can you build that level defense while paying him top 10 money? That is the question to answer. 

Or, do you build that defense trading him and finding one of those other second tier? 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How many QB's are without question better than Carr? 

Also when have I ever said Carr is a flawless QB or that I have 100 percent wanted to stick with him? That is flat out insane. Show me a 21 year old Mahomes and Carr can move on. 

Can we upgrade from Carr sure but the list is not as long as you'd like to pretend it is.   Do you want my list of QB's who are currently a certain upgrade over Carr?  Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts and Herbert.  Brady and Rogers were not included due to age and regression.  I am also not saying that Carr is the 6th best QB but he is solidly in the next tier of QB's. 

You are obsessed with this "better than Carr" notion. 

The Raiders roster is not built to win a Super Bowl. This is a sprint, not a marathon.

Are the rookies coming up better than Carr? Who knows. That won't be determined for the next 3 years. Stop acting like you have to know definitively a QB is Mahomes caliber to move on from Carr. Mind you, Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen were all complete question marks until they weren't. Allen took patience, Hurts really only came on this year.  You see the point?

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You are obsessed with this "better than Carr" notion. 

The Raiders roster is not built to win a Super Bowl. This is a sprint, not a marathon.

Are the rookies coming up better than Carr? Who knows. That won't be determined for the next 3 years. Stop acting like you have to definitively a QB is Mahomes. caliber to move on from Carr. Mind you, Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen were all complete question marks until they weren't. Allen took patience, Hurts really only cam on this year.  You see. the point?

Could’ve sworn frank was doggin hurts not too long ago

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You don’t build a great team without tons of risk. I feel like hardcore Carr supporters are the most risk adverse people I’ve ever met in my life. 

I’m not a hardcore carr supporter, I’ve already stated that many times, take your labels somewhere else. And I’m putting that politely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think the hyperbole on both sides is big. Improve the roster. If there is a clear upgrade at qb, take it. If there is a devvy guy with upside, take it. But not in the first. 

I think most agree to this but then you have his contract date which is the difference maker. Do they pay him or not. And that’s before the draft and free agency

Edited by #1RAIDER FAN