The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Blame whoever you want but those help the other teams defense. 

I think everyone here agrees with that. LOL. Has one person ever says that doesnt help the other team?

Do you agree, that giving a team the ball on the 2 yard line, with no timeouts, with a QB whos been there for 2 days, and a 6 point lead, is putting our D in a good spot? 

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That was not on the qb. It was a predesigned play. Dugger somehow knew the play before the ball was even snapped. Unless you're telling him to not throw it to Adams when McDaniels has designed it that way, idk what he's supposed to do there. It's not a defense of Carr. I just think it was an incredible defensive play and Dugger knew the call.

Blame everyone except the person who threw the ball on the Pick 6 from Duggar?

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If this is your logic, you're asking for McDaniels to get fired. Depite Carr being hot and cold this year, he is 7th in touchdowns and the offense is around 10th in points with a mediocre at best OL, Carr having serious growing pains in the offense, and us employing Keelan Cole/Mack Hollins as primary targets for the majority of the season. Logically, if Waller/Renfrow play, in year 2 there's no reason to think the offense can't push for top 5, especially if Carr is more comfortable in year 2 and the OL improves.

Even though I'm not a huge Patrick Graham fan, the defense has also played a lot better with questionable talent. I'm with @big_palooka. Stay the course.

Of course, if you can land an elite qb prospect/somehow get a top qb in the league (very unlikely), it's not a bad option. But I can see a feasible scenario where we are pretty damn good next year purely based on continuity/competent front office work. 

If you blow it up with some career backup next year, you'll alienate all the talented vets on the roster and trigger yet another rebuild for no reason, when in reality we just need a slight retooling to strengthen a roster depleted of depth but definitely not lacking in star talent.

Blow what up from a middle of the pack team? we’re not going anywhere 

Every year it is same pipe dream with Carr. “if only we get the right…” He produces middle of the pack results. Too inconsistent 

It’s time to Trade Carr. Get better across the roster.

I’m tired of watching the Chiefs win the AFC West every season. Get Bold

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Blame everyone except the person who threw the ball on the Pick 6 from Duggar?

Who do you think he is blaming here? To me, It doesnt seem like MrOak puts blame on any single person? Just credits the defender for making a great play. . 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That was not on the qb. It was a predesigned play. Dugger somehow knew the play before the ball was even snapped. Unless you're telling him to not throw it to Adams when McDaniels has designed it that way, idk what he's supposed to do there. It's not a defense of Carr. I just think it was an incredible defensive play and Dugger knew the call.

Its funny, as fans, when Maxx Crosby makes a gret play, we never fault the opposing qb for not stepping up or throwing it away etc. . . we just say wow max is so good. 

sometimes, opposing teams players can make good plays too. 

I wish Carr saw Duggar breaking down, but, that was a hell of presnap read by duggar on a play we dont run very often. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Every year it is same pipe dream with Carr. “if only we get the right…” He produces middle of the pack results. Too inconsistent 

We will have some of the most cap space in the league next year (comparatively: 35 mil +20 mil carried over from 2022), how does getting rid of Carr make us better?  This is such flawed logic with no data to back up the concept. Spending crazy on free agency does not ipso-facto improve the roster. Take the Chargers from last year. Take Jax every year. The biggest spenders rarely have the most improved rosters from year to year. 

This logic makes no sense. If we're taking your comment at face value, getting rid of Carr would make a backup QB at the helm, and that would make us worse across the roster. 

Here's an idea. Why don't we get rid of Maxx and get better across the roster. He's really only contributing to wins every now and then. Same with Jacobs, if we get rid of him we can get better across the roster. This is an illogical idea. 

I agree with your last statement though, we need to get bold. But jettisoning players from the roster for the sake of frustration is not bold, it's an emotional reaction. It's only bold if have a bold replacement lined up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I think everyone here agrees with that. LOL. Has one person ever says that doesnt help the other team?

Do you agree, that giving a team the ball on the 2 yard line, with no timeouts, with a QB whos been there for 2 days, and a 6 point lead, is putting our D in a good spot? 

Not when the offense only scores 2 fgs the final 3 qtrs after a 10 point 1st qtr.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Every team is tired of the chiefs winning. Blowing it up just to move on is dumb. You can not trade him and get better on the roster. You can add a good developmental qb and not give up 3 1sts like the 49ers did. There’s a method to this that is more nuanced than just “qb winz and move on”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Crazy to me, but to each their own. 
The O clearly played bad in the second half too, but to not, think that is a good spot to be in blows my mind. 

Might seem crazy but we Should’ve never had to punt. You have carr, adams and jj… sometime the offense is going to have to do something 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Might seem crazy but we Should’ve never had to punt. You have carr, adams and jj… sometime the offense is going to have to do something 

True, I actually wanted to go for it on 4th and 1. 
I felt better about getting 1 yard then stopping them. 

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

This, anyone watching that can see that dugger ABSOLUTELY KNEW what was coming. Except people that HATE carr no matter what he does. Lmao!  It was a great play by a player who obviously studied tape extensively. End of story. 

Problem with that is people here will use those points to crap on our defense. Defense only gave up 17 vs ne which imo was a good showing. Plus defense got the game winning pick 6 whose points also count towards the offense stats. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It's a top 5 pass defense, top 5 overall defense, our OL is playing backups and JMD likes to go run run pass with a lead. It was inevitable IMHO.