The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Problem with that is people here will use those points to crap on our defense. Defense only gave up 17 vs ne which imo was a good showing. Plus defense got the game winning pick 6 whose points also count towards the offense stats. 

This is true. I think the defence actually played OK. However, you also I think have to factor in that our defence played against an awful offence and our offence played against a very good defence.

Realistically, the offence can’t just shut down like they did, that was the most frustrating thing for me, the pick 6 was just a great defensive play IMO but I was more frustrated with Carr when we just couldn’t get anything going. I thought we’d at least try a few screens or something simple just to get back in gear and build confidence back up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

This, anyone watching that can see that dugger ABSOLUTELY KNEW what was coming. Except people that HATE carr no matter what he does. Lmao!  It was a great play by a player who obviously studied tape extensively. End of story. 

They’ll bring up the pick six, but not the dime to tie it up with 30 seconds left lol same ol **** in here. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is true. I think the defence actually played OK. However, you also I think have to factor in that our defence played against an awful offence and our offence played against a very good defence.

Yup, we have played against the 4 worst Os 5 times. . . over 35% of our games played are against the 4 worst Os in the league . . . 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Realistically, the offence can’t just shut down like they did, that was the most frustrating thing for me, the pick 6 was just a great defensive play IMO but I was more frustrated with Carr when we just couldn’t get anything going. I thought we’d at least try a few screens or something simple just to get back in gear and build confidence back up.

I agree ne has a good defense 

you say ne has an awful offense (21ppg) But our offense is (24ppg). Ironically last 3 games ne offense averaged 22ppg while we only put up 20ppg. 

I also hate screens and sideways backwards passes esp when it’s our m.o. third n renfrow has been replaced by screen to karate rb man. More teams will start jumping those routes also. We’re too predictable. 

I think the garbage Oline needs to get some flack. The only competent lineman the Raiders have is Miller. Everyone else is a backup at best. Anyone remember 2016 when they had pro bowlers everywhere but RG? Gruden dumping Tice in favor Cable really set the team back far. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I think the garbage Oline needs to get some flack. The only competent lineman the Raiders have is Miller. Everyone else is a backup at best. Anyone remember 2016 when they had pro bowlers everywhere but RG? Gruden dumping Tice in favor Cable really set the team back far. 

Miller really isn't that good either. Well he hasn't been this year. 

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Miller really isn't that good either. Well he hasn't been this year. 

To be fair, Miller is playing next to a rookie and a bunch of below average or borderline starters. I think he’s doing well considering. He’d probably look better with some better quality players around him, helping him out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree ne has a good defense 

you say ne has an awful offense (21ppg) But our offense is (24ppg). Ironically last 3 games ne offense averaged 22ppg while we only put up 20ppg. 

I also hate screens and sideways backwards passes esp when it’s our m.o. third n renfrow has been replaced by screen to karate rb man. More teams will start jumping those routes also. We’re too predictable. 

Yeah - and you believe JMD will still use that exact play design again?
I'd rather predict, that the next time this look of the offense is called and the slot corner jumps in, Carr will throw elswhere and we will get a huge gain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's a top 5 pass defense, top 5 overall defense, our OL is playing backups and JMD likes to go run run pass with a lead. It was inevitable IMHO.

That would be my biggest criticism of McDaniels, he seems to start pretty well and we get a lead and then maybe it’s like he’s so used to having a top defence with the Pats and Playcalling for them that he gets very conservative and is used to his defence being able to maintain a lead or produce a turnover.

It’s almost like the offence works the first half then he leaves it up to the D to close out. We clearly are not in that situation, and he should be aware of that. Offence can’t just shut down all half. All offences get shutdown a quarter now and again but we just totally grind to a halt for a complete half…….

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If the Raiders get Brady he'll get killed behind this line. I saw 5-6 games and Carr by far had the most pressure.

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

Exactly, you think a 46 year old with zero mobility wants to spend his last years behind this OL. 

So they are not going to improve the Oline? Saying X will happen next year based off the roster seems redundant. 

The goal will be. to upgrade the roster and protection, that is pretty clear regardless of QB.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Blow what up from a middle of the pack team? we’re not going anywhere 

Every year it is same pipe dream with Carr. “if only we get the right…” He produces middle of the pack results. Too inconsistent 

It’s time to Trade Carr. Get better across the roster.

I’m tired of watching the Chiefs win the AFC West every season. Get Bold

Don’t know where you live buck, but I live right in the heart of KCs market, and have lived here off n on for almost 20 yrs. 8 of them when schottenheimer was coach 20-2 against us. I f*cking guarantee you’re not as tired of it as me. Btw, stroking it for Brady is just silly, did you watch that game Sunday. It was his 2 fumbles that turned the tide on that game.....jus sayin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Don’t know where you live buck, but I live right in the heart of KCs market, and have lived here off n on for almost 20 yrs. 8 of them when schottenheimer was coach 20-2 against us. I f*cking guarantee you’re not as tired of it as me. Btw, stroking it for Brady is just silly, did you watch that game Sunday. It was his 2 fumbles that turned the tide on that game.....jus sayin.

I live in the LA area now. However, I did live on St Louis Missouri before the Rams arrived. So I got a LOT of Chiefs bragging from the 90s

Also, there’s a chance that Brady personal life and the o-line injuries are adding in his regressing play. I don’t think he’s washed but we would require more o-line upgrades

Edited by bucksavage1