The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For the most part, Bricilio and the staff have done way better than Cable. The OL isn't good, but it's still serviceable-ish. Brandon thorn, the OL guru had this as the biggest OL/DL mismatch of the week and we fared pretty well.

Yeah they actually just need some talent now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, Miller is playing next to a rookie and a bunch of below average or borderline starters. I think he’s doing well considering. He’d probably look better with some better quality players around him, helping him out.

I agree with this but also must say Miller is an average to slightly above average LT.

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with this but also must say Miller is an average to slightly above average LT.

I’d say Miller is above average/good. Sad thing is he’s our best 1st round pick since Mack, and the only Raiders 1st to earn a second contract with the Raiders since….Robert Gallery!!! 

25 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’d say Miller is above average/good. Sad thing is he’s our best 1st round pick since Mack, and the only Raiders 1st to earn a second contract with the Raiders since….Robert Gallery!!! 

Pretty pathetic right?  Terrible drafts for 20+ years combined with terrible FA signings is why we have been a bottom dweller for two plus decades.  You can't consistently win if you draft and assess FA talent like we have, flat out impossible.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

Carr barely has any dead money if we cut him by the second week after the Superbowl. (I think 2 mil?) We have an out every year in his contract for practically nothing. 

Also, Brady signs for 10-20 mil per year traditionally. 

When is the league year over??

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

When is the league year over??

Good question. I'm not sure, also that 2 weeks is an ish time frame. I can't remember the exact date but it's fairly soon after the Superbowl is when we have to make a decision, like a week or two. Otherwise we'd be stuck with him and on the hook for 35 mil ish for the year. 

34 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Good question. I'm not sure, also that 2 weeks is an ish time frame. I can't remember the exact date but it's fairly soon after the Superbowl is when we have to make a decision, like a week or two. Otherwise we'd be stuck with him and on the hook for 35 mil ish for the year. 

I think it used to be March 1 but again could be wrong. 

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not saying anything about Carr I’ve said over several seasons. He ain’t it

2023 Options

A)draft a QB 

B) trade for a young change of scenery QB like Love or Lance

C)sign a FA( Jimmy G, Darnold, Brady, Minshew

Yes, one of these options needs to happen. Try and trade carr, get other vet qb n possibly draft qb if you like one. Rolling  carr out there every year is just insanity. He has set us back much more than Russell 

• Like 1