The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m just gonna leave this high level analysis here so that we all can enjoy a good chuckle from one of Carr’s top cheerleaders. So many laughable takes here I’m not sure where to start….

Goff and Carr over Lamar, Herbert, Burrow, Lawrence, Watson, etc. 

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Lamar sucks and so does Watson right now. What's your point???

15 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Philly has a better line, but Raiders OLine isn't awful. They were ranked 12th in pass pro and part of the reason that breaks down is because defenses discover vulnerabilities when they see the offense become predictable or the QB shaky in the pocket. Carr is the same QB I saw get pounded by a USC defense in 2013.

To say Philly "has a better line" is like saying "pizza is better than broccoli". You're downplaying just how much better they are. Their line is superior in every way possible and I'm not going to say Carr's issues make our line seem worse bc I don't see it that way. Frankly don't see how that's possible to be honest. Pretty sure every QB would be shaky in the pocket behind this line. Carr is a problem but they're a much bigger problem

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Idk man someone who is not a statue with some pocket awareness and out of the pocket playmaking ability and throws with anticipation could help the OL a little.

He has pocket awareness and we see it often. The real question is, can you have pocket awareness when there is no pocket? Lol. I saw our line getting crashed in more times than I didn't but I will admit I was driving home and missed some of the early parts of the game. Maybe the line looked better then. I dunno

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

My point is they are both better than Carr by several orders of magnitude. Are you saying you would take Carr over them? 

No they are not!!  Yes in a hart beat. Larmar can't throw and now injuries are catching up with him.

Watson was great 3 years ago. Name one time when a QB took off 2 years and came back and played great??

This doesn't mean Carr is great but come on with the scrub QBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

No they are not!!  Yes in a hart beat. Larmar can't throw and now injuries are catching up with him.

Watson was great 3 years ago. Name one time when a QB took off 2 years and came back and played great??

Lamar is not a scrub QB. Stop it.

47 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He has pocket awareness and we see it often. The real question is, can you have pocket awareness when there is no pocket? Lol. I saw our line getting crashed in more times than I didn't but I will admit I was driving home and missed some of the early parts of the game. Maybe the line looked better then. I dunno

I still thought Minshew was better than Carr on a bad Jacksonville team,

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Just because Carr sucks in Josh's offense doesn't meant a thing because he failed twice as as HC. By the way throwing the ball against the wind during a blizzard not a great game plan.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

17 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just because Carr sucks in Josh's offense doesn't meant a thing because he failed twice as as HC. By the way throwing the ball against the wind during a blizzard not a great game plan.

I know right. Josh sucks. I mean carr has never looked bad in November amd December until Josh got here. I mean carr was a playoff winning qb before Josh. We have seen carr perform well on cold weather games before he got stuck in Josh system. Olsen, gruden, Musgrave and Downing never got criticize for their play calling with Carr. It's all Josh. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I know right. Josh sucks. I mean carr has never looked bad in November amd December until Josh got here. I mean carr was a playoff winning qb before Josh. We have seen carr perform well on cold weather games before he got stuck in Josh system. Olsen, gruden, Musgrave and Downing never got criticize for their play calling with Carr. It's all Josh. 

Most of what you say is true but it still doesn't take away from Josh's poor coaching. The man broke records for his ineptitude this year.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Nothing wrong with that opinion. Minshew is certainly fun to watch but have to think he's a backup for a reason. I just find it hard to compare his situation to Carr's bc of the line play each team has. That's all I'm saying

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Lamar Jackson is 25 years old, 45-16 in game he’s started in his career, and has won an MVP. Sounds like a QB that is no good. 

Derek Carr is 31 years old, 63-79 in games he’s started in his career, and has never won an MVP. 

Watson will be back to a Top 5 QB next year. Book it 

The delusions of the Carr fan club have no limitations. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Why is he not?? Because he runs the ball?? Guess what he's done.

Lamar was crushing it before Bateman got injured. Issue in Baltimore is him having WRs. 

Raiders would be a 10 win team with him right now. Ability to win with his legs, make plays off scheduled plus the guys is a competitor who hates to lose. Give it his all. He has his flaws, but I'll take a gamer like Lamar over a Carr type any day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I'm going to disagree with this wholeheartedly. The narrative for years on Carr is he couldn't win in Nov/Dec. 

All those play callers were criticized for years. People HATED Olsen and Downing. Gruden was seen as overly conservative. 

Even in the Gruden era, they blew halftime leads. They were just able to pull things out late. Leading the league in comebacks is a misleading stat. Carr and Stafford are the kings.... why? Because they've played on bad teams who blow leads. And eventually, things don't break their way. 

• Like 1