The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm going to disagree with this wholeheartedly. The narrative for years on Carr is he couldn't win in Nov/Dec. 

All those play callers were criticized for years. People HATED Olsen and Downing. Gruden was seen as overly conservative. 

Even in the Gruden era, they blew halftime leads. They were just able to pull things out late. Leading the league in comebacks is a misleading stat. Carr and Stafford are the kings.... why? Because they've played on bad teams who blow leads. And eventually, things don't break their way. 

You really couldn't read the sarcasm on this one. Wow. Ok..

• Like 1

Depending on what package I could get for Carr, I would look to trade him. The relationship has run it's course. He's not worth 40 million to the Raiders in 2023. He will be to someone else. 

Sign Jacoby Brissett as a stop gap. He's a FA you could get for a small price tag. He played well in Cleveland. Teammates like him and he knows the offense. 

Tag Jacobs and invest on defense. You need the run game to be solid.  

Draft QBOTF if you can. Don't force it. If it's not there, position for the 2024 class.

Alternatively... Jimmy G who would be better, but cost more.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Depending on what package I could get for Carr, I would look to trade him. The relationship has run it's course. He's not worth 40 million to the Raiders in 2023. He will be to someone else. 

Sign Jacoby Brissett as a stop gap. He's a FA you could get for a small price tag. He played well in Cleveland. Teammates like him and he knows the offense. 

Tag Jacobs and invest on defense. You need the run game to be solid.  

Draft QBOTF if you can. Don't force it. If it's not there, position for the 2024 class.

Alternatively... Jimmy G who would be better, but cost more.

I’m 100% behind this plan. Jacoby would give us Carr like production at a fraction of the cost and would happily step aside for the QBOTF. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Lamar Jackson is 25 years old, 45-16 in game he’s started in his career, and has won an MVP. Sounds like a QB that is no good. 

Derek Carr is 31 years old, 63-79 in games he’s started in his career, and has never won an MVP. 

Watson will be back to a Top 5 QB next year. Book it 

The delusions of the Carr fan club have no limitations.

And Russell Wilson was one of the best QB of a generation. Guess what he sucks now too.

I like minshew, been mentioning him now since week 5, and yes buck I’d be ok with Lamar. But if you think he’ll be any cheaper than 45-50 mil per.... you’re high on bat guano. Now Watson? Yes, at one point he was top 5, might still be later.....however with his obvious baggage there’s no way I’d get behind that. And neither would the Raiders. He’ was obviously thinking with the wrong head, which we all have done. But why? Did he have a problem with finding women? I highly doubt that. So it was probably a serious case of “I’m the man” entitlement......again, no thanks!!! 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Lamar was crushing it before Bateman got injured. Issue in Baltimore is him having WRs. 

Raiders would be a 10 win team with him right now. Ability to win with his legs, make plays off scheduled plus the guys is a competitor who hates to lose. Give it his all. He has his flaws, but I'll take a gamer like Lamar over a Carr type any day. 

The D lines in the AFC west would crush him. Running QB can win you some games but you can't build a team around him for more then a few years.  There's 4 running QBs hurt right now and 2 major.

25 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

And Russell Wilson was one of the best QB of a generation. Guess what he sucks now too.

How is this relevant to the conversation?
Classic moving of the goalposts when you can’t come up with a thoughtful response. Just go back to constantly complaining about McDaniels and leave the QB talk to the grownups. 

21 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The D lines in the AFC west would crush him. Running QB can win you some games but you can't build a team around him for more then a few years.  There's 4 running QBs hurt right now and 2 major.

Ill live with the risk with my QB getting hurt rather than waste 9 years on a middling pocket only QB who’s mechanics are getting worse every year , and either leads the league in fumbles one year or INTs the next. Can’t function in cold weather. 

A guy like Lamar is a force multiplier. His presence alone contributes to winning. No hes not the best passer, but you live with his shortcomings because of all the other winning attributes he brings. btw i dont think even Lamar misses Renfrow that wide open…

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

You move on for a qb with upside or a rookie with upside. Placeholder is just a waste of talent on this team. I think you draft a rookie and say YOLO if that is really what they want to do. Brissett is okay. Jimmy is a bum playing in a loaded SF offense that makes everyone look good. Minshew is better than Jimmy as well IMHO. Can actually throw down the field.

This is unfortunately a very bad situation to be in without a top 5 draft pick or an obvious solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Give me Minshew, Rookie QB and Stidham as the QB room next year.

Draft capital for Carr + Cap savings will be spread across the team

And make sure we keep Jacobs add 2 OL, offense is set.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1