The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also, I think DC should play the last 2 games. Hopefully he plays very well indoors in vegas. It will at the very least massively boost his trade value if he ends on 2 big games. If the last we see of him is pittsburgh, no one will give up anything of value.

Carr is the longest tenured starting QB in the AFC, i don't feel the last two games of this season are going to dramatically effect his trade value. People around the league should know exactly who Derek Carr, a player who peaked in his 3rd season, is by now.

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

I like minshew, been mentioning him now since week 5, and yes buck I’d be ok with Lamar. But if you think he’ll be any cheaper than 45-50 mil per.... you’re high on bat guano. Now Watson? Yes, at one point he was top 5, might still be later.....however with his obvious baggage there’s no way I’d get behind that. And neither would the Raiders. He’ was obviously thinking with the wrong head, which we all have done. But why? Did he have a problem with finding women? I highly doubt that. So it was probably a serious case of “I’m the man” entitlement......again, no thanks!!! 

I been wanting Minshew ever since 2019 when he came in and punked Carr on our turf. Notice the same patter 0 points scored in the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr is the longest tenured starting QB in the AFC, i don't feel the last two games of this season are going to dramatically effect his trade value. People around the league should know exactly who Derek Carr, a player who peaked in his 3rd season, is by now.

Yea that injury risk for guaranteed $ is scary 

13 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Recency bias. You really want the last thing people seeing as the pittsburgh game? Good luck getting any value then.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Recency bias. You really want the last thing people seeing as the pittsburgh game? Good luck getting any value then.

Im saying the book is out on Derek Carr. Executives around the league should know exactly who Carr is by now. He isnt some little known backup QB we have to try to showcase over the last two games…

And realistically , DC is probably going to look bad against SFs ferocious defense and then play a game against KCs backups in week 18. The injury risk is too high. But we’ll see.

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

How is this relevant to the conversation?
Classic moving of the goalposts when you can’t come up with a thoughtful response. Just go back to constantly complaining about McDaniels and leave the QB talk to the grownups. 

Do you not understand I was talking about change at the QB spot.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Im saying the book is out on Derek Carr. Executives around the league should know exactly who Carr is by now. He isnt some little known backup QB we have to try to showcase over the last two games…

And realistically , DC is probably going to look bad against SFs ferocious defense and then play a game against KCs backups in week 18. The injury risk is too high. But we’ll see.

KC might be playing for a 1st round bye.  Their regular season is not over yet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

NGL if brady will do a cheap deal, that would be my choice. Especially if you can get a good trade for Carr to a needy team. Then draft a rookie either in 23 or 24.

Brady obviously isn’t the long term option, but give me him over Carr at this point. Something, anything different right now please.

• Like 2

Ya gotta bench carr for 2 obvious reasons (and I’ve stated I’m neither a carr lover or hater) first off, the obvious injury clause....duh. Second, let’s see how much of it is Carr, I’m truly curious at this point. And a side point is 2 extra weeks to find out where Carr’s head and heart are (does he retire? Will he help Vegas with a trade, or does he simply want his release?)  either way, bottom line is if he gets benched, the writing is on the wall....IN NEON SPRAYPAINT!! 

I wanted Brady in 2020 when he was still a superstar and Carr is who he is.. same guy he is today. But now Brady is regressing and 46, might get one ok year out if him. Just draft a QB and sign a journeymen starter for a year to compete with the rookie. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/derek-carr-josh-mcdaniels-tom-brady-dave-ziegler-makr-davis-las-vegas-raiders

The source added, "Even if down the road it is decided there is no better option, there is enough doubt in him moving forward that they have to hedge their bet and protect the team by not risking injury."

Finally, the source added, "I am certain they want to move on; I am also not certain that they can get someone better."

I can tell you this. Last week, I knew the Raiders hadn't made a final decision, and I believe they have this week if they can get someone they feel improves them. I also know they are analyzing that list right now.

• Like 2