The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Stiddy can play like Joe Montana the next two games and we still should bring in somebody to at least compete for job next year with him.  A qb competition would have both qbs playing in preseason to.  

If we end up with any of the 1st round projected QBs, then I’ll want a QB who can help with the O and keep the seat warm until he’s ready to start..which could be Week 1. Then Stidham can revert back to backup and potential spot starter.  It’s as cheap as you can get at QB and who knows may have a superstar on our hands with the rookie

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

💯💯

Stranger things have happened in the NFL. Who would of known Mr.Irrelevant from last years Draft has the 49ers on a win streak

Stidham is a vet who is getting a chance to start again in a system spent his entire career in. I’m very optimistic we can hang with with SF and possible upset them

Exactly, the NFL is the world's craziest league where stuff like that happens! 

I liked what I saw in the pre season from Stidham who looked in control of the offence and not afraid to set off and run on occasion, it's a whole different kettle of fish in the actual league though. It's certainly a trap game for San Francisco and I have to say I'm really excited to see what Stidham can actually do, though I am tempering my expectations somewhat 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m willing to let Stidham prove his worth to see if can play or not. 

The new QB deserves support instead of writing him off before his 1st start. Just like we gave #4 support before his 1st in 2014. Players come and go, it’s sports 

Support?  I deal in facts and reality and refuse to advocate an incompetent front office.  Stidham is a bum who should be holding a clip board.  

Like I have said before unless this regime can draft a stud QB they are toast because no stopgap will look serviceable with this absolute garbage roster playing behind the last decades worst D. 

This team has been and still is the laughing stock of the NFL that is lead by an incompetent idiot of an owner. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Support?  I deal in facts and reality and refuse to advocate an incompetent front office.  Stidham is a bum who should be holding a clip board.  

Like I have said before unless this regime can draft a stud QB they are toast because no stopgap will look serviceable with this absolute garbage roster playing behind the last decades worst D. 

This team has been and still is the laughing stock of the NFL that is lead by an incompetent idiot of an owner. 

If stiddy is a bum

how do you view Carr’s play over the last 3 weeks vs extremely winnable teams? 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If stiddy is a bum

how do you view Carr’s play over the last 3 weeks vs extremely winnable teams? 

Carr has not played well this season, particularly in the 2nd half of games but anyone that thinks he is the issue with this team lacks an understanding of football.  

An idiot owner, constant coaching turnover, terrible free agent signings and absolutely atrocious drafting is why we are the laughing stock of the NFL, not Carr.  

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr is the main reason we've been bad for a decade, you can't build around an average/below average QB.

LOL It's Carr, not terrible coaching, constant coaching turnover, atrocious free agent signings and horrendous drafting.  

All this coming from the guy who wants us to mortgage multiple 1st rounders to trade up to number 1 overall and draft his boy Rattler.  

Carr was also in your sig last year.  Your opinion changes like the wind blows and that is why I can't take you seriously.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr has not played well this season, particularly in the 2nd half of games but anyone that thinks he is the issue with this team lacks an understanding of football.  

An idiot owner, constant coaching turnover, terrible free agent signings and absolutely atrocious drafting is why we are the laughing stock of the NFL, not Carr.  

Carr's struggles with one of the greatest offensive minds in history and a HOF WR have just highlighted how limited he is as a player and how limited our offense will always be as long as he's the starter. He's inconsistent, has terrible footwork, mediocre pocket presence, and folds under pressure. At the first sign of the team wanting to move in a new direction he folded like a lawn chair. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL It's Carr, not terrible coaching, constant coaching turnover, atrocious free agent signings and horrendous drafting.  

All this coming from the guy who wants us to mortgage multiple 1st rounders to trade up to number 1 and draft his boy Rattler.  

Carr was also in your sig last year.  Your opinion changes like the wind blows and that is why I can't take you seriously.  

The main reason that we've had so much coaching turnover is because (the coach killer aka Carr)'s struggles have gotten a ton of guys fired. There are better odds that Rattler is the starter here than Carr is next season, lmao.

Carr is currently my avatar as well. 

Carr isn't the perfect NFL QB, he has significant flaws that limit the teams ceiling and ability to win. JMD literally helped guide the GOAT and Carr can't seem to pick up on the system with elite talent around him. 

Edited by NYRaider

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The main reason that we've had so much coaching turnover is because (the coach killer aka Carr)'s struggles have gotten a ton of guys fired. There are better odds that Rattler is the starter here than Carr is next season, lmao.

Carr is currently my avatar as well. 

Carr isn't the perfect NFL QB, he has significant flaws that limit the teams ceiling and ability to win. JMD literally helped guide the GOAT and Carr can't seem to pick up on the system with elite talent around him. 

No one is saying Carr is perfect but no franchise can win games if you draft as poorly as we have and get horrendous value when signing free agents like we have over the last 20 years.  We have had the leagues worst D since 2010 and this year is no different as we have no depth and zero elite talent outside of Maxx.  

If you were to give our coaching, free agent signings and drafting a grade since 2016 what would you give each?

Mark Davis: Idiot

Coaching: F

Free Agent Signings: F

Draft Grades: F

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's struggles with one of the greatest offensive minds in history and a HOF WR have just highlighted how limited he is as a player and how limited our offense will always be as long as he's the starter. He's inconsistent, has terrible footwork, mediocre pocket presence, and folds under pressure. At the first sign of the team wanting to move in a new direction he folded like a lawn chair. 

Come on man...  This year is quite evident that JM is a fraud who rode the coattails of Brady and BB.  

What has he done to prove that he is a good HC or this great O mind without BB or Brady holding his hand?  The answer is absolutely nothing....

The heat is now on for him as well.  If he can't draft a stud QB he is toast in Vegas and will never sniff a HC job ever again. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

McDaniels is "one of the greatest offensive minds in history"?? 🤣🤣🤣

It's nonsense like this as to why I cant take his posts seriously.  Who on earth would say such nonsense and believe it....  This guy. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly, the NFL is the world's craziest league where stuff like that happens! 

I liked what I saw in the pre season from Stidham who looked in control of the offence and not afraid to set off and run on occasion, it's a whole different kettle of fish in the actual league though. It's certainly a trap game for San Francisco and I have to say I'm really excited to see what Stidham can actually do, though I am tempering my expectations somewhat 🙂

I'm hoping for the same, that he can run this offense the way Brady did but I don't think so. Josh is setting up Stidham to fail. The 49ers D- line is going to kill the Raiders O-line.

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm hoping for the same, that he can run this offense the way Brady did but I don't think so. Josh is setting up Stidham to fail. The 49ers D- line is going to kill the Raiders O-line.

I'm in the Championship game in my IDP league and have both Nick Bosa and Greenlaw starting for me.  Easy money for me with our **** Oline, a complete bum behind center and terrible coaching/schemes.