The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's nonsense like this as to why I cant take his posts seriously.  Who on earth would say such nonsense and believe it....  This guy. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

McDaniels is "one of the greatest offensive minds in history"?? 🤣🤣🤣

The greatest player in NFL history had all of his best seasons with JMD as his OC, so yes, I'd say he's one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history. But I guess 12 years with top 8 scoring offenses is just some run of the mill thing that a ton of coordinators have under their belt. Find me a more decorated offensive mind that has over a decade of top 10 scoring offenses in NFL history and then we can say he doesn't belong, lmao. 

JMD helped shape the career of the literal GOAT but Carr couldn't even last a year in the same system before he got benched and shipped out of town, lmao.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on man...  This year is quite evident that JM is a fraud who rode the coattails of Brady and BB.  

What has he done to prove that he is a good HC or this great O mind without BB or Brady holding his hand?  The answer is absolutely nothing....

The heat is now on for him as well.  If he can't draft a stud QB he is toast in Vegas and will never sniff a HC job ever again. 

The Patriots had a top 5 scoring offense last season with Mac Jones and a below average group of weapons. 

It's hilarious that the OC's dad is publicly saying Carr has been bad all year and can't grasp the system but you guys want to blame everyone else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No one is saying Carr is perfect but no franchise can win games if you draft as poorly as we have and get horrendous value when signing free agents like we have over the last 20 years.  We have had the leagues worst D since 2010 and this year is no different as we have no depth and zero elite talent outside of Maxx.  

If you were to give our coaching, free agent signings and drafting a grade since 2016 what would you give each?

Mark Davis: Idiot

Coaching: F

Free Agent Signings: F

Draft Grades: F

Even when you pair Carr with a great offensive mind and elite weapons he leads the league in turnovers and gets outplayed by Baker Mayfield (2 days to prep) and Kenny Pickett. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The greatest player in NFL history had all of his best seasons with JMD as his OC, so yes, I'd say he's one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history. But I guess 12 years with top 8 scoring offenses is just some run of the mill thing that a ton of coordinators have under their belt. Find me a more decorated offensive mind that has over a decade of top 10 scoring offenses in NFL history and then we can say he doesn't belong, lmao. 

JMD helped shape the career of the literal GOAT but Carr couldn't even last a year in the same system before he got benched and shipped out of town, lmao.

Let's take a look at what JM, a "great O mind" looks like away from the BB hand holding and away from Brady who masked many of his flaws.

2011 Rams OC: Total failure

Denver HC: Embarrassing failure

Year one as Raiders HC: Massive failure

I am still fascinated to see if you think it would be a good idea to mortgage multiple 1st round picks to trade up to number 1 overall and take Rattler?  Let's just say your ability to evaluate QB talent is evident with your stance here.  I would throw out the word clueless but that is much too kind. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's take a look at what JM, a "great O mind" looks like away from the BB hand holding and away from Brady who masked many of his flaws.

I am still fascinated to see if you think it would be a good idea to mortgage multiple 1st round picks to trade up to number 1 overall and take Rattler?  Let's just say your ability to evaluate QB talent is evident with your stance here.  I would throw out the word clueless but that is much too kind. 

Which means you knew what I was saying the whole time all those times you were trying to argue 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Which means you knew what I was saying the whole time all those times you were trying to argue 😂😂

I was optimistic that the HC/GM combo was a good move but as I said I would reserve judgement on JM until after the season concluded. I have now sen enough to see that JM is just not a good HC.  I was hoping that he had learned and matured after all of those years under BB but it is now apparent that he is a fraud that has once again been exposed.  He's good at riding the coattails of the best HC in NFL history carried by the best QB to ever play the game along with top flight D's nearly every year he has coached. 

Bottom line is that he is just not a good HC and like I said before his only chance to last in this franchise is to draft s stud QB.  Outside of that he is toast here and we will be on the next retread trash HC.... Rinse and repeat.  Outside of drafting a stud QB it will be a ugly next few seasons....

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

These guys will say it's Carr's fault he was a failure at his other gigs also. Even the Rams in 2011. Don't put it past em. I mean they're already saying Carr is the reason the defense was terrible every year he was on this team lol. Tried giving fake stats to prove it but whatever 

Exactly. It’s Carrs fault we have terrible coaches, can’t draft or get any value from our FA signings. 

it’s an absurd stance but it’s only from a few people on here. Anyone with half a brain can figure out what’s going on… there’s always those select few who are not only clueless but the loudest as well. It’s amusing and it kills time going back and forth when I’m bored but no one who understands football can take what they say seriously. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Even great coaches need great players to execute their schemes. When he had Brady he had some of the best offenses in NFL history. It’s unfortunate that Carr isn’t a fit in a championship winning system that produces all time great players though, he’s just not good enough. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

These guys will say it's Carr's fault he was a failure at his other gigs also. Even the Rams in 2011. Don't put it past em. I mean they're already saying Carr is the reason the defense was terrible every year he was on this team lol. Tried giving fake stats to prove it but whatever 

Carr is on his way out now, accept it. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It appears you’re right that Carr is out. However your idea of trading up to 1 overall by sacrificing multiple 1st rounders to acquire Rattler as his replacement hasn’t aged well… 

Your 100% confidence that we’d stick with Carr hasn’t aged well either. Our new regime came from a dynasty and great organization. They recognized Carr limits your ceiling and they’re moving on. So if anyone doesn’t know what they’re talking about it’s you. 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly, the NFL is the world's craziest league where stuff like that happens! 

I liked what I saw in the pre season from Stidham who looked in control of the offence and not afraid to set off and run on occasion, it's a whole different kettle of fish in the actual league though. It's certainly a trap game for San Francisco and I have to say I'm really excited to see what Stidham can actually do, though I am tempering my expectations somewhat 🙂

💯 On a weekly basis something crazy happens in the NFL. Why not us when everyone is counting us out

Definitely a trap game. Especially if the Eagles lock up the #1 seed against the Saints in the early game.